Search results

1. Honosbinda

C6.7 Target Size and C11.2 crew definition

[edited for pasting errors] Q. 1 Are manning half- squads (rather than crew counters) considered gun crews as indicated in C11.2? 2 Are manning squads (rather than crew counters) considered gun crews as indicated in C11.2? 3 If yes to Q1, does gun target size apply when determining if the...
  2. Honosbinda

C11.1 Should the word 'crew' be replaced by 'manning infantry' so that HS and S manning guns benefit from gun target size?

A crew is a particular counter per A1.123 CREW: A crew counter bears the silhouette of two kneeling men. C11.1 suggests that crews will get improved protection from small target-sized guns and suffer increased vulnerability from a large target-size guns. MMC in the gun's hex might be hit (or...
  3. Honosbinda

Chess clocks?

I heard this was a non-starter to add to VASL, but recently VASSAL has added the capability to 3.5 I think. Can this be added to VASL, or has this request already been considered and rejected? People who don't want a clock are the very people who hold up tournament play and won't want clocks...
  4. Honosbinda

B14.2 Orchard Hindrances (out of season)

Actual game situations in Oz Bay Breakout. I think this has been cleared up with errata/rules updates, but not on the Chapter B terrain chart for orchards. So I'm asking for clarification: a) A unit on a rooftop is at level 1.5, so according to A6.4 has LOS over a level 1 in-season orchard...
  5. Honosbinda

Ozerkeya Bay Machine Gun insanity

Okay, so enjoying very much the OZ Bay overall, but I don't care for the allocation of machine guns, specifically MMGs and HMGs. I've done an analysis of the amount of MGs each side can get in a refit purchases, and it's easy to get 2-3 times the number of MMGs or HMGs any DYO game would allow...
  6. Honosbinda

Guns are Ordnance... this is a given.... (?)

Trying to confirm this: Ordnance (any weapon which must score a hit on a To Hit Table before rolling again on the IFT or To Kill Table to resolve that hit): [which weapons are those? Where is this specified? I can't find this.] Gun (for firing purposes, any weapon on a 5/8" counter...
  7. Honosbinda

Odd updating of NUL board over and over when loading a saved file

Hello, anyone experiencing this? Once I created this map, I am getting repeated updates of the NUL board, even though I am using the most recent download v1.0 from VASL.info. This isn't crashing the game, but it is worrisome for the future. Because some time ago, the desert boards were doing...
  8. Honosbinda

Scenario B3 Prussian Panic -- DAGGER or Michicon version?

This has come up as my opponent and I decide on this scenario for tournament play (or not). The 1988 Michicon version seems more accurate because the older DAGGER version has an SSR about non-existent aircraft. So it seems like a draft version (but so does a lot of DAGGER stuff from those...
  9. Honosbinda

Can a pillbox (B30) be placed in a gully (B19)?

Perry sez: Can a pillbox (B30) be placed in a gully (B19)? ******** No. ....Perry MMP
  10. Honosbinda

Gullies and Pillboxes

B30.1 my opponent insists that PB can be set up in gullies; however this rule indicates that PB can ONLY be set up in specific terrain types, gullies not included. The perception is that a a gully hex is really just OG with a gully; whereas to me, a gully is a gully is a gully. I'm probably...
  11. Honosbinda

HOB Sequence A15.1, A15.41

Question A15.1 states Heat of Battle DR follows any Original MC or Rally (not Self-Rally) DR of 2. The implication is that this DR is done immediately before anything else, including fire effect results on remaining units. In fact, this is a necessity when leaders go berserk. Players have to...