Search results

1. D

Panzer Ib Weapons

Hi all, I have a question or two about the PzIb. Its MA is listed as CMG, with a ROF of 1. Can it fire on the TH table? If it does that, can it also fire on the IFT as the CMG, or is it one or the other for the fire phase? Does the ROF apply to both types of attack? Any advice greatly...
  2. D

Clearing Minefields...

oops, please disregard. Saw the answer 5 seconds after posting the question.... And I even looked before I posted!
  3. D

Clearing Minefields...

Hi all, A dumb question to clarify mine clearance... Situation - the Defender has placed a Known AP minefield in a Grain hex. The Attacker has a Sapper who wishes to clear the minefield. My reading of B24.74 is that any unit, including a Sapper, must be in the minefield location to attempt to...
  4. D

Attacking From Smoked Hex to Smoked Hex

Hi, currently playing a scenario in which the Germans have called down an OBA smoke barrage on the Soviet front line. There is a concealed Soviet squad in a building hex, and two German squads, one with a DC, in an Adjacent road hex. Both hexes are Smoked from the OBA (+3 each). I understand...
  5. D

A Little Help With Trying To "Intensive Fire" In The Defensive Final Fire Phase...........

Thanks for the responses. Finally saw the Errata from Journal 7 (and on the MMP website) that clarified the rules for me. Its a bit disapoointing that the latest printed rulebook (the Pocket edition) doesn't include this bit of Errata, given that Journal 7 came out so many years ago.
  6. D

A Little Help With Trying To "Intensive Fire" In The Defensive Final Fire Phase...........

Hi gents, forgive me for coming in a bit late on this one, but I can’t see why a unit cannot IF in the Defensive Fire if it starts with no fire counter. ASOP under 4.21D says units not marked with First or Final Fire counters can fire “placing AA/Final/Intensive/No Fire or Gun Flash counters as...
  7. D

Refit Phase likes? Dislikes?

I like the fact that after a refit phase you are never quite sure of the composition of the enemy force, and the fact that you can spend up on ? counters to confuse him. One of my peeves with ASL scenarios is that you always know exactly how many MGs/leaders/squads and what type the other side...
  8. D

German 37L AT gun

Does the 37L mounted on the SPW 251/10 and 250/10 get the Steilgrenate 41?
  9. D

Units Advancing Onto Map Directly into Close Combat

Thanks for the replies gents.
  10. D

Units Advancing Onto Map Directly into Close Combat

Can a unit entering the map advance directly into close combat? We had a situation this week where the German player moved a squad with MMG into a hex on the map edge along which American reinforcements were to enter. A2.5 says units who are capable of doing so can enter in the Advance Phase...
  11. D

Vehicle Concealment loss/growth

Hi, a couple of concelament questions came up during last night's game.... 1. Does a vehicle's motion status have any impact on its concealment growth (assuming that the vehicle otherwise meets the requirements of Table A12.121 cases J or K? 2. Does a vehicle automatically lose concealment...
  12. D

Capture in CC possible with No Quarter in effect?

Used this to great advantage in Red Barricades. German unit would advance into CC, and upon discovering they were up against a conscript, would then attempt to capture it thereby gaining the additional -1 on the die roll. Best if the German won the ambush roll and then declared Hand to Hand.....
  13. D

Canister Rules C8.4

Dammit! I think you are right Klas. There is no specific exemption mentioned for canister like there is for spraying fire.
  14. D

Canister Rules C8.4

Hi guys, if fired as DFF, does cannister leave residual fire in the 4 hexes (as 6,6,6,2)?