Search results

1. Craig Benn

VOTG1 First Bid

Dug in T-34's Normally if you purchase for the CG as per V12.6214c dug in T-34s may be set up HIP and the BMG scrounger. As there is no reference to this in the scenario SSR's for First Bid, I'm presuming you don't get to do either even though at least two T-34s have to start dug in?
  2. Craig Benn

BFP-49 Just a Drive Along the Beach question

The Japanese OB contains 3 pillboxes and 6 Trenches. T6.32 says 'The Japanese player automatically receives one Trench counter or passage (6.4) for every two OB-given/purchased pillboxes (FRU)...' BRT SSR are in play, but the scenario card doesn't mention Chapter T - but you need Chapter T for...
  3. Craig Benn

D11.22 Schuerzen loss

All Schuerzen are automatically lost if the AFV enters rubble or a building/woods obstacle unless on a previously placed TB or while crossing a road hexside. What if you setup in a Woods hex? Have you entered it or not? Seems to me reasonable arguments could be made either way.
  4. Craig Benn

A25.22 Commissar

At the start of any scenario....the Russian player may replace up to one 8-0 leader with a 9-0 political commissar....provided the scenario is not begun with more Commissars than other leaders in the OB. Does 'at the start of any scenario' mean; a) you can only swap from your starting OB, Or b)...
  5. Craig Benn

Plum Pudding Hill RPT146

Set up for the North Koreans is on/between hexrows E and M in hexes numbered <=7 (EXC: A-T Mines may set up anywhere on/between hexrows E and M) By SSR Tanks may not enter any hill hexes. All hexes numbered between 8-10 on rows E-M (on board 81) are hill hexes. Can't swap A-T for A-P mines...
  6. Craig Benn

Boresighting Canister

Is it allowed? I'm thinking not as C6.4 gives -2 for a TH number, or -2 on IFT for MG/IFE and Canister is neither of those things. If it was allowable, presumably same IFT for all 3 hexes, and -2 would only apply to one location...
  7. Craig Benn

Heavy Rain

Does the +1 hindrance apply when firing between two ADJACENT connected building hexes? (same building). Range 0 attacks from a vehicle in bypass of a building hex at that building? Couldn't find anything that stopped it applying but seemed strange...
  8. Craig Benn

Pillbox as Rout Target

A pillbox is equivalent to a building for both rout and rally purposes. B30.5 What if the pillbox is stacked to capacity, so the routing unit cannot enter the pillbox? Would the pillbox location be considered non-traversable (A10.51)? Could a unit choose to rout to the pillbox hex (and remain...
  9. Craig Benn

STL6 A rising tide setup

Preparing to play this next week with RR Schultze. Japanese set up on/east of hexrow F on Board 10 and/or on Board 62. I would normally assume that you would have to set up on/east of hexrow on Board 62. Except only R-GG of Board 62 are in play. So as written I think you can set up anywhere...
  10. Craig Benn

Headhunting for bloody huns DASL21

I'm preparing to play this in a couple of weeks- it looks an excellent scenario btw. I'm a little rusty with paradrops, so would appreciate a little bit of a steer. 1) Is firing at paratroopers prior to their first Aph a concealment loss activity? E9.6 says 'prior to this...[a sticks contents]...
  11. Craig Benn

Forgotten War scenarios

How many Korean war scenarios are there using FW rules? What I'm aware of; Forgotten War - 16 Fight for Seoul - 21 Rally Point #15 - 10 Rally Point #17 -10 Action Pack 17 - 13 From the Cellar#10 - 4 What am I missing?
  12. Craig Benn

Light AA

Can a pinned unit fire a HMG as AA at half value? I can't see anything preventing it except that you need to be able to theoretically change your CA which you can't if pinned. But if you were already marked with an AA counter then presumably you could.... Am I missing anything?
  13. Craig Benn

ASL 39 Turning the Table questions

A few questions about ASL 39. 1) SSR3 says - The British must set up three Known minefields (F.7A) along any (alternate) hex grain(s) in their setup area. Each must be one hex wide by eight hexes long, and must contain one secretly pre-recorded Dummy minefield (F.7B). Each non-Dummy Known...
  14. Craig Benn

Hillock LOS

Playing J47 They're Here! Reverse! I'm struggling with the following Hillock LOS situation which doesn't seem to be covered by the examples. A tank is ON a hillock and adjacent to a hillock summit. Does it have LOS to a tank that is at ground level, where the LOS between the two goes through...
  15. Craig Benn

Unloading from an unarmoured vehicle into residual FP

Just wanted to be sure I'm doing this right.... Drove a truck with two 7 morale squads into a hex with 1FP residual. The IFT attack DR was a '3' which I think immobilizes the truck and causes a 1MC from the collateral attack. The squads roll 5 and 6 resulting in one squad being pinned. The...
  16. Craig Benn

Carrier Crew - is it 1VP or 2VP?

Is it a half squad or a vehicle crew that looks like a half squad?
  17. Craig Benn

Infantry overrun of SMC in melee

I had a situation where two opposing SMC were locked in melee. In a friendly Mph can a squad attempt an infantry overrun of one of the SMC or does the melee prevent the squad moving in till the Aph? Didn't seem to be anything preventing it but....
  18. Craig Benn

BFP59 Geki Cacti

PTO terrain is in effect so roads are paths but by SSR the A5-H4-P5 road exists. My question is does a unit in J3 have a clear shot to F5 or is there a +1 hindrance? If there was a road I1-J1-J3-I4, then it would be clear, but it's not a road its a path. The question seems to come down to is...
  19. Craig Benn

BMG firing same hex

A Tank hunter hero charges into a hex containing an AFV from its rear VCA. Can the AFVs BMG fire at it when it enters the hex before it attacks?
  20. Craig Benn

BFP53 Grant vs Stuart

The Japanese win immediately by accumulating >= 15 Exit VP of Good Order Units north of the 42A5-T3 road. I was playing this and my opponent got one tank (5CVP) north of the road which I destroyed. He then got another two tanks north of the road (10CVP) and claimed he'd won as the VCs said...