Search results

1. Craig Benn

VOTG1 First Bid

Dug in T-34's Normally if you purchase for the CG as per V12.6214c dug in T-34s may be set up HIP and the BMG scrounger. As there is no reference to this in the scenario SSR's for First Bid, I'm presuming you don't get to do either even though at least two T-34s have to start dug in?
  2. Craig Benn

BFP-49 Just a Drive Along the Beach question

The Japanese OB contains 3 pillboxes and 6 Trenches. T6.32 says 'The Japanese player automatically receives one Trench counter or passage (6.4) for every two OB-given/purchased pillboxes (FRU)...' BRT SSR are in play, but the scenario card doesn't mention Chapter T - but you need Chapter T for...
  3. Craig Benn

ABTF HASL - Why do you hate it? Why don't you hate it?

Interesting. I really liked KGP CGI as it gives both sides a chance to attack and the mist tends to cut down on kill stack dominance plus - unlike RB - there's an armour game. I found the big Stalingrad CGs too long. I think the sweet spot is 4-8 dates. Any less and it doesn't really feel like...
  4. Craig Benn

Thank you to Mario "sgt. Essig" Aceto for the amazing dice tower.

+1. I don't leave home without one.
  5. Craig Benn

D11.22 Schuerzen loss

All Schuerzen are automatically lost if the AFV enters rubble or a building/woods obstacle unless on a previously placed TB or while crossing a road hexside. What if you setup in a Woods hex? Have you entered it or not? Seems to me reasonable arguments could be made either way.
  6. Craig Benn

Grumble Jones thoughts on scenarios

Not really interested in stuff that hasn't been playtested. I have limited gaming time but good luck to those who fancy it.
  7. Craig Benn

AFV entering fortified building hex

It not only can, it leaves a breach.
  8. Craig Benn

Instances When Skulking is in Poor Taste

Don't skulk vs step reducing Japanese and CPVA - the more dice rolls the more they attrite away. Don't if you're in good TEM and the attacker can't put particularly powerful attacks together due to dismantled support weapons/ you have a range advantage/low FP. Don't if you're not 100% sure -...
  9. Craig Benn

A25.22 Commissar

RPT146- Plum Pudding Hill. Norks start with a 9-1 leader, and get a 8-0 reinforcement. Wanted to swap the 8-0 for a 9-0.
  10. Craig Benn

A25.22 Commissar

At the start of any scenario....the Russian player may replace up to one 8-0 leader with a 9-0 political commissar....provided the scenario is not begun with more Commissars than other leaders in the OB. Does 'at the start of any scenario' mean; a) you can only swap from your starting OB, Or b)...
  11. Craig Benn

Plum Pudding Hill RPT146

No, I understand that <=7 means less than or equal to. It was a flank attack on positions covering the road. The point is the A-T mines are not restricted and can set up on hexes 1-10, but there is no need to set them up in hexes 8-10, as the tank can't go there. So struggling to see why that...
  12. Craig Benn

Plum Pudding Hill RPT146

Yup. Hopefully play this with Ray on Monday and then reverse sides.
  13. Craig Benn

Plum Pudding Hill RPT146

Set up for the North Koreans is on/between hexrows E and M in hexes numbered <=7 (EXC: A-T Mines may set up anywhere on/between hexrows E and M) By SSR Tanks may not enter any hill hexes. All hexes numbered between 8-10 on rows E-M (on board 81) are hill hexes. Can't swap A-T for A-P mines...
  14. Craig Benn

And/or VC

Fulfilling one might be acceptable but fulfilling both might be considered showing off.
  15. Craig Benn

Any Easy Easts?

Guards counterattack is gash. From BV3 - Commisars House and The Citadel are the pick of the bunch but probably too large. In fact most of BV3 will be too large. The dead of winter T6 is small and fast. Lenins Sons from Journal7 is a good all infantry reasonably sized bash. Are vehicles a deal...
  16. Craig Benn

Can infantry set up as CX?

I put riders on in that scenario!
  17. Craig Benn

Surrender by the Rout Phase Method...

The Rout/Prisoner rules need rewriting and tightening. Not radically but there's enough ambiguity in edge cases. The problem is this determines whether squads live or die and could easily be difference between winning and losing.
  18. Craig Benn

Boresighting Canister

Is it allowed? I'm thinking not as C6.4 gives -2 for a TH number, or -2 on IFT for MG/IFE and Canister is neither of those things. If it was allowable, presumably same IFT for all 3 hexes, and -2 would only apply to one location...
  19. Craig Benn

E 12.7 CREEPING BARRAGE

Firestorm in St Manvieu - BTB4 and Red Star, Red Sun from Rising Sun. Both cracking scenarios.
  20. Craig Benn

28LL in Prokhorovka..

C5.71....Acquisition DRM are not applicable to a Deliberate Immobilisation attempt. However, Acquisition can be gained while attempting such a shot in case the firer subsequently fires on the target normally.