Search results

1. cooljrunner

Moving through a Commissar Location

In the Movement phase a Russian squad is fired upon while moving through a Location containing a concealed Commissar. Does the squad benefit from the increased Morale for being in the same Location (A25.221)? If so, is this a concealment loss activity for the Commissar (Case C - engages in any...
  2. cooljrunner

B23.722 Split Level Buildings LOS

In the picture attached, can a unit on Level 1 in the building hex on the hill, see over the top of building hex rising from the ground level? It would seem so since the combination of the hill and building places the unit at Level 2, which is higher than the 1 1/2 level LOS obstacle of the top...
  3. cooljrunner

A10.533 Broken Squad ADJACENT to concealed KEU, is it Eliminated?

Situation is a broken squad, under DM, starts his rout phase in a woods (or a building, doesn’t matter) hex. He is also ADJACENT to a concealed enemy unit. Having read A10.533 the broken squad knows if he routs into the concealed enemy units hex he will be eliminated for ending the Rout Phase...
  4. cooljrunner

German SPW 251/2 Halftrack MA - is that treated as a Mortar?

Said halftrack has an overscored 81mm short barrel MA, which I believe is a mortar, and a handy 3 Rate of Fire, . Vehicle notes say "Treat as a normal OT SP gun for To Hit purposes. The mortar's range is 2-60...." Does this mean: #1 When firing using the Area Target Type it keeps Rate of Fire...
  5. cooljrunner

Halftrack MA CMG - what is the firepower of the attack?

The German SPW 251/smg Halftrack has a CMG MA and finds itself opposing a squad in a wooden building. I've always just used the CMG as a machine gun and took the 6fp shot on the IFT, with +2 drm for TEM. But decided this time to use the CMG as the Main Armament trying to take advantage of the 3...
  6. cooljrunner

A2.51 Offobard Setup

A2.51 states in part "...offboard units may move normally on the offboard map so as to enter the mapboard on a hex which is not adjacent to the one they set up in, provided they were not scheduled to enter via a specified hex which is not blocked." Is the presence of enemy armor on the...
  7. cooljrunner

AFV movement restrictions when using Platoon movement and Armored Assault

If one AFV, from a group of AFV's using platoon movement, has accompany infantry conducting Armored Assault then that AFV is limited to how far the squad could move (Per D9.31 below). Are the rest of the AFV's in the platoon, which do not have any accompanying infantry, similarly limited in...
  8. cooljrunner

Are Machine Gun Cupola's (MGC's) Hull Down for Indirect Fire? Does Hit Location matter for Indirect Fire against MGC's?

Playing Onslaught to Orsha 2 (Oto2) and trying to destroy a MGC with a mortar. So taking my ATT HE shots and using C1.55 to resolve, which calls for Immobilization on a Hull hit or Automatic Shock on a Turret Hit when the effects roll is 1 > K#. Question: Does only a Turret Hit result in Shock...
  9. cooljrunner

Onslaught to Orsha 2 (OtO2) Map issue

Trying to play an OtO scenario and get the error message below. Upgraded VASSAL, and VASL versions, downloaded new maps but they seem to be only version 1. Changed bd file name from "OtO2" to "oto2". Nothing works, can't get map to display, any ideas? Thanks in advance. Bad Data in Module...
  10. cooljrunner

Flamethrower attack versus pillbox (B30.112)

Say a Flamethrower is in same hex as enemy occupied pillbox. What TEM is used for the flamethrower attack? I can't determine if a same hex FT attack is considered within or outside the Covered Arc of the pillbox. Thanks in advance.
  11. cooljrunner

B24.74 Minefield Clearance attempt and routing units

Squad follows the requirements of B24.74 to enter a minefield free of attack, places a partial Trail Break counter and marked TI. The squad is subsequently fired on by an enemy unit and promptly breaks. Squad now routs out of the minefield following the hexside they entered. Does it undergo a...
  12. cooljrunner

A Bazooka fires and hits an Unarmored Vehicle, what is the TK#?

Is it: A) C7.331 Any unarmored vehicle hit by HEAT has a Final TK# of 11; B) C13.43 TO KILL: Once a hit has been scored vs a vehicular target, it is resolved on the C7.33 HEAT To Kill Table using either the BAZ 43 or the BAZ 44+ column, depending on the time frame of the scenario; vs an...
  13. cooljrunner

Smoke Grenade in Pillbox hex

Say a squad successfully places a smoke grenade into a pillbox hex. Not into the specific Pillbox Location, rather just the hex in which the pillbox resides. And now say the occupants of that pillbox subsequently fire their IFP or a MG, is such fire impacted by the smoke hindrance? In this case...
  14. cooljrunner

BRT Bombproofs T6.5

Taking the plunge and giving BRT1 The Hawk a try. SSR#2 says "The Japanese may Fortify/Bombproof <= 2 building Locations". Does this mean: 2 buildings may now become bombproofs which effectively converts those buildings into pillboxes (and all that entails - like creating a separate Location...
  15. cooljrunner

A6.7 LOS Hindrances

In the example below, where LOS from Z6 to CC4 crosses two orchard hexes, are the total hindrances +2, or is it +1 since the orchards have the same range to the firer? The LOS tool says 1, I've always played it 2, and A6.7 I think can be read either way: 6.7 LOS HINDRANCE: ....Unlike range...
  16. cooljrunner

Elevated RailRoad Crossing (B32.43)

We're using an Elevated Railroad overlay which creates an Elevated RailRoad Crossing (B32.43) in hex FF5 as shown on illustration/file below. Do the two units have LOS to each other? If so, is there any bridge/railroad hindrance? The most we've been able to gather is that bridge rules apply to...
  17. cooljrunner

Looking for a PBEM game

Anybody up for a small/medium size scenario, pbem, ETO, turn a log a day (or thereabouts)? Willing to play most anything, only ask is with so many scenario's to choose from that it's one I haven't played. PM if interested, thx in advance.
  18. cooljrunner

Achieving Location Control

Let's say an armed good order Russian Infantry MMC enters a multi-level building devoid of any enemy units. It is clear from the Rules below that the Russians now control the building. But do the Russians control all Locations of that building? I thought yes, but am encountering a different...
  19. cooljrunner

Requirement to spend all MP while in Bypass

Say an AFV enters a hex using bypass counting out MP's such that it has exactly 2MP's left. Isn't there a requirement for that AFV to spend its remaining 2MP's doing something/anything? I even recall an article somewhere about this. But all I could find in the rules is the following which is our...
  20. cooljrunner

Tunnel Movement and owning side B8.61

It's Stalingrad, and my crafty German opponent discovered one entrance of a Russian tunnel using the Recovery procedures outlined in A4.44. He hasn't had a chance to destroy it yet. Does this discovery prevent my Russians who are poised at the other entrance from entering the tunnel and jumping...