Search results

1. P

HoB Scenario Errata

PSW 221 Darkman, Darkman wrote: In this scenario from Fire Fights #1 the variable German units lists a SdKfz221. What is that? I can't find it in the Chapter H listings I'm guessing it is some type of armed halftrack, but I'm darned if i can figure which one it is. Technically, you're...
  2. P

Target Types and Who is affected

Building TEM I see now, but the way the rule is written IE B23.32 it can be confusing. The rule means when a unit occupies the building, it gets an additional +1 for each level above the level that the unit occupies. I read it as, each level of the building gets a +1 automatically. After...
  3. P

Target Types and Who is affected

Building TEM AdrianE wrote: Same thing with the mortar, except that ROF may be retained. The infantry also get an additional +1 tem for each level above them as it is treated as indirect fire. If it was a stone building the squad at 2nd level takes a 4FP +3. The guy on 1st level takes a 4+4...
  4. P

Onslaught to Orsha

I just have a simple question if anyone can answer this...does this module contain any of the late T-34 flamethrower tanks? I know it contains some flame tanks, was just wondering if it had the late models...also are there any Russian railroad guns, gondolars etc? Just ordered this game on...
  5. P

VASL dice bot...

Dice Bot Try pressing the dicebot key 10 times before you begin an important dice roll... :D Call those rolls just "Non Random Event Multipliers" Let your opponent do the same....then just make a note on the log file. :twisted: I know, silly responce but I couldn't help it! PT109
  6. P

Bewilderment

Why do I get bounced to the main forum page if I want to post a reply in the Rules forum??? Strange...doesn't happen all the time... I'm lost in cyberland....or maybe its the Twilight Zone!! Is it because if you hit the back button after posting? Then if you try to post a message you get...
  7. P

Multiple Hits

Multiople Hits Brian, Huh? Now I'm more confused than before... :P Forget the Critical hit...just assume a multiple hit gun scores doubles on the first hit roll, so that is a multiple hit. Now the TK roll for that shot is also the TH for the second shot, correct? Lets assume you rolled a 12...
  8. P

Multiple Hits

Assume a small gun gets multiple hits...the first TH is a CH, the TK roll...which also is the 2nd TH, is a 12, so the effect for the first roll is a dud, but is it also a Gun Malfunction since the 2nd TH is a 12? Thanks....PT109
  9. P

TOT 45 Dogs of War Vehicles

Pz IV/L70 (A) I wonder does anyone know if this TOT PZ IV/70 (A), or ALkett counter is a large target? I would think it should be, since it has a higher upper superstructure/gun casemate compared to the PZ IV/70 (V) or Vomag version. This tank was known as the PZ IV/70 (A) Zwischen Losung or...
  10. P

What Out-of-Print Scenarios are Beyond Valor worthy?

Beyond Valor Scenarios Here are my recomendations: 1) ASL F The Paw of the Tiger (bds 2, 4, 5) 2) ASL G Hube's Pocket (bds 2, 4, 5) 3) ASL M First Crisis at Army Group North (bds 4, 5) 4) ASL Q Land Leviathans (bds 2, 3, 4) 5) ASL T4 Shklov's Labors Lost (bd 1) 6) ASL T7 Hill 253.5 (bd 2) 7)...
  11. P

Too many counters?

Counter Storage I have my info counters in a storage organizer thingie, made by Akro-Mils (whoever they are) I bought at Office Max. Has 2 areas for storage, with individual dividers for storage in a top cover, then a lower, deeper storage area where I keep most of the 5/8" info counters. You...
  12. P

Scenario J 54 "Showtime"

Showtime Don't know if this has been answered somewhere else but... Make SSR 4 read..."........The player who bids the highest, gets to add forces to his OB based upon the chit chosen, while the second player gets to move first. In the event of a tie, the German player moves first and the...
  13. P

What's your favorite WWII tank?

Best Tank Darkman wrote: "As an example the Luftwaffe had to field large numbers as infantry becuase they lacked sufficient planes. I would speculate that would be a good source of manpower to man more tanks. What I'm saying is that if the PzIV's were there, a way would have been found to man...
  14. P

PAK 35/36

There was a discussion about the German 3.7L PAK gun in the 'General' forum.....so here's my question The ammo number on the counter says H6(9)..HEAT, ROF of 3 with a roll of <6 for the HEAT round, correct? Chapter H says a successful firing of this weapon reduces your ROF by 1, ok makes...
  15. P

Typical european and Soviet capitalistic thinking since the Germans built the Neubaufahzeug tank around the same time. The T-28 and the T-35 were some of the most advanced designs at the time they were built. The Americans were tinkering with the Walter Christie design at the time, which...
  16. P

Whats that AT gun?

37L Yea, I mis spoke Brian, I meant its To Hit # was 11...nasty To Kill # of 26 for sure, like having a longer range Panzerfaust. Also, the gun's ROF is reduced by 1 when sucessfully firing the Stielgranate. This would be a good weapon to use En Portee as a potential, mobile PF! Paul
  17. P

Fav Tank Lets also not forget, the Panther owed its exhistance to the T-34, in fact Hitler was so impressed with the T-34 he wanted to make a direct copy of it. That idea was eventually rejected (wisely, not even to mention how many 'Panthers' would have been mistaken for T-34's!)in favour of...
  18. P

Best Tank of WW II For me, the best tank was the Panther....good armour, great gun and pretty fast once they corrected the transmission problems and the engine fires. The Panther II would have had the best combination of tank and firepower, with the 88mm, but it never saw production. The T-34...
  19. P

Whats that AT gun?

PAK 35/36 The gun is the 3.7cm PAK (Panzer Abwehr Kanone) 35/36 (year of manufacture)...also known as the "door knocker" for its ineffectiveness against Russian armor. The round you saw was a special HEAT projectile called the Stielgranate 41, with a larger warhead used against armored...
  20. P

Counter Sheets

Does anyone know where I can get 1/2 and 5/8 inch blank countersheets? Any info is appreciated Thanks...PT109