Search results

1. Esquire

VASL SK - PBEM: looking for an opponent

Sent you a PM
  2. Esquire

ASLStarter Kit VASL PBEM

I am game to try PBEM. ASLSK 1-2 is all I have though. Lots of solo play experience trying to learn but very little play against a real opponent. Let me know if you are still looking.
  3. Esquire

Looking for VASL opponent

I am looking for a VASL opponent. I’m average when it comes to rules knowledge and sub-average on tactics! if anyone would like to play, let me know
  4. Esquire

The most popular professions.

When it comes to healthcare costs, there’s this thing, it’s called “diet and exercise."
  5. Esquire

Who is Lindsey M. Murillo?

I am Lindsey M. Murillo!
  6. Esquire

PBEM: ASL newbie, VASL newbie, looking for opponent,"Commando Schenke"

Ok...we can stumble through this together...
  7. Esquire

PBEM: ASL newbie, VASL newbie, looking for opponent,"Commando Schenke"

So, today I played my first ASL game since 1996. It was very...humbling. Regardless of the shellacking I took, and i mean it was a shellacking, I am ready for more. Everyone there recommended VASL PBEM as I great way to play while (re)learning the rules. So I am looking to try my first game...
  8. Esquire

What is your favorite(s) Deluxe scenario of all time? 3rd Party or Official MMP/AH

DASL8 “The Schoolhouse.” One of the first games of ASL I ever played (circa 1995) and the first game of DASL. My opponent (roommate) guessed wrongly about LOS and tried to make a sneaky run around the water-tower and a MMG/MMC/Leader roasted a stack with his 9-2 ldr. From then on “the water...
  9. Esquire

How Things (Really) Work: Smoke

i know the conventional wisdom is to use "a lot of smoke" when fighting in urban terrain and crossing the street is a necessity. It just doesn't work for me in "real life." Even when i throw smoke, it seems like my assaulting units still get plastered with PBF in the wide-open (but smokey)...
  10. Esquire

New members introduce yourself here

ha! way ahead of you! I have a BV 1st and 3rd edition, and Yanks 1st and 3rd edition. I just missed the boat on Rising Sun (Although i have GH, COB, and WOA.
  11. Esquire

um...so, i have been away for awhile...about those core modules..

Hey guys. i have returned to ASL after a fifteen year hiatus. When i sold my stuff i had every core module, historical module, annual/journal up through 2004. I am working through the three starter kits and i have acquired the RB, BV (1s and 3rd), Yanks (1st and 3rd), WOA, COD, GH and TLH. I...
  12. Esquire

How Things (Really) Work: Smoke

This echos heavily with my own experience...
  13. Esquire

New members introduce yourself here

Hello Forum. My name is Steve. I live in Winchester, VA. I played ASL heavily back in the 1990s. I had every core module, historical module and annual/journal produced through 2004 when i sold it all because i stopped playing (wife, kids, blah, blah, blah.) Since my kids are now snarky...
  14. Esquire

Looking for PBEM, F2F or VASL - Loudoun Co, VA

Tekay44, i will take you up on this offer. if the offer is still open...
  15. Esquire

As a side note: I recently (re)purchased an ASLRB, BV, Yanks, WOA, COB, GH, and the ASLSK#1 (since it was just re-printed). I also downloaded the VAASL program and have been learning it. If anyone is interested in playing "Holding on to Vierville" with a fumbling VASL newbie, let me know.
  16. Esquire

KhandidGamera, Thanks for posting. Distance can be a problem for me only--i am a single dad, with two teens and i rarely get free time. I need someone close. Having said that, if i get a free weekend or sometime over the holidays, I know where Greencastle is and we can get together. I just...
  17. Esquire

I too am looking to return to ASL after a long hiatus. I am in Winchester. Anyone else in this area?