Search results

1. Alan Hume

What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

Glad you got it in the end
  2. Alan Hume

What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

Just got LFT 16 from Xavier over in France. Blinkin' customs held onto it for the last 10 days though for some unfathomable reason
  3. Alan Hume

Doomed Battalions 4th on Preorder

pre ordered with the excellent Second Chance Games (I only really needed the upgrade nationality charts and stuff though but I figure buying this supports MMP and it doesn't seem likely that the updated stuff will be made available separately but what do I know?)
  4. Alan Hume

Full collection for sale

Oops, me and my big mouth 🤣
  5. Alan Hume

Full collection for sale

Mine is in my will as going to Pete Phillips, so guess I gotta hope I go first :)
  6. Alan Hume

Thank you to Mario "sgt. Essig" Aceto for the amazing dice tower.

Mario makes lovely dice towers I must agree, I'm very happy with mine Steve Pleva's do look very special though
  7. Alan Hume

SSR wording?

I like this idea, I think a little bit of randomness in the game is fine (have to agree with others though, too much and you screw the balance) I think this would be a lot of fun to play
  8. Alan Hume

Recommendations for books on Berlin

Yep, Panzers in Berlin is an excellent book
  9. Alan Hume

You're welcome
  10. Alan Hume

Bloody Streets from Helion and Company by Aaron Stephen Hamilton is a really good book and is now available in an expanded 2nd Edition (I've just got my 1st edition, boo :( ) I must admit I haven't actually read my copy yet but it does seem like a really good source of inspiration "When Bloody...
  11. Alan Hume

Twilight Of The Reich And WO #15 Are Up For Pre-Order

Grand, they just looked Grey in the picture posted above is all
  12. Alan Hume

Twilight Of The Reich And WO #15 Are Up For Pre-Order

yeah, I would have thought they would have matched the ones in Festung Budapest
  13. Alan Hume

Grumble Jones thoughts on scenarios

I have enjoyed the ones I have played so far, especially 'Narrow Streets' with the mighty Jagdtigers 🆒
  14. Alan Hume

What are the best means to balance a scenario?

Well done. I look forward to seeing them sometime.👍
  15. Alan Hume

for sure. I have to admit it's often quite difficult to come up with something other than the standard vanilla 'Americans/British vs Germans' but it is possible (I just got a new book on the Italians in Russia so who knows)
  16. Alan Hume

yep, for sure, I always seem to end up changing game length either up or down
  17. Alan Hume

Thanks, that's good advice My buddies are a great help with playtesting, going over the scenarios etc. (I just hope they're not getting fed up of it already is all :))
  18. Alan Hume

It was good advice for sure I'm still not really clear on exactly what I should be doing to balance a scenario though I just play through them and hope for the best I guess, tweak a little here and there one more MMC, one less HMG that kind of thing
  19. Alan Hume

Thanks for the good advice, much appreciated Yeah, I think I do tend to try and make things a little bit too historical much of the time (down to the exact number of tanks in a scenario etc. etc.) maybe I need to step back and try to think more about making a game of things as opposed to a...