Search results

1. esprcorn

What ASL scenario packs are available online for purchase as a digital download?

Looking for instant gratification in the form of a PDF. I know about Dispatches from the Bunker.
  2. esprcorn

Dispatches from the Bunker #51 was transmitted today.

Bruce is entirely composed of ruffled feathers. It's unavoidable.
  3. esprcorn

New program to help set up VASL scenarios

Forgive me, but without wading through 15 pages of comments, is there an instruction manual or something for this? I looked at this during it's infancy and it has come A LONG WAY. I'm ready to try to use it!
  4. esprcorn

Top contributors to the world of ASL

I'd be curious to know how many of these 14-15 that did not have an online presence still play ASL. I would venture to guess that the bulk of the active and invested players of ASL, know of GameSquad and VASL.
  5. esprcorn

I keep hearing this. Who are these mysterious players that only play amongst themselves and fear the interwebs? How would we count them?
  6. esprcorn

I would guess that more than half of ASL players use VASL. Maybe not solely, but it's at least as prevalent at FtF.
  7. esprcorn

VASL-6.5.0 is released

Bruce, do you have any idea how much effort and time these guys put into maintaining and updating a piece of software that this community would never survive without? No paychecks, no endorsements, nothing but kind words and thanks to keep them going. If Allan, Doug, Tom, or Brian ever quit...
  8. esprcorn

Scenario Archive upgrade in progress

There seems to be something wrong when clicking on a publisher.
  9. esprcorn

What boardgames have you played recently?

7 Wonders Duel. Wow! That's a lot of game in a little box. My son smoked me! Paladins of the West Coast. Just got it and looking forward to trying it solo. Sierra West. Also looking forward to giving this a shot solo Res Arcana... I think I'm doomed to thrashings by my son.
  10. esprcorn

What boardgames have you played recently?

I would not think this would play well as a group. Too much coordination necessary that it seems more solo friendly
  11. esprcorn

How Have Tactics Have Changed In ASL

The real problem with ASL is not tactics or the evolution of tactics... It's that there are not enough scenarios.. Or boards.. Or counters...
  12. esprcorn

Brevity Assault pack available for pre-orders!

I assume these will make their way to VASL eventually?
  13. esprcorn

Advancing Fire Team - Biazza Ridge

I think everyone is missing the point of my question. Hollow Legions is out of print and who know's when it's coming back. However, Italian counters are available from other sources. So what do I need from Hollow Legions? The Italian Counters, the desert maps, or both?
  14. esprcorn

Advancing Fire Team - Biazza Ridge

Is Hollow Legions required for the Italian Counters or the boards or both?
  15. esprcorn

Assault Fire tag in VASL?

I recall in VASL there being an option to tag some squads as having an option for Assault Fire they normally would not. I think it was in the right click dropdown menu. Was that only for specific squads or am I looking in the wrong place. Playing a scenario where German 447's have AF capability.
  16. esprcorn

PFZ's in VASL?

Are there PFZ counters (from Hakkae Palle) in VASL?
  17. esprcorn

Grain to Orchard transformation?

Ah yes, they work perfectly. After all this time, there is still so much in VASL I've never touched.
  18. esprcorn

Grain to Orchard transformation?

Just wondering if I'm missing this or is this not an option? Thanks
  19. esprcorn

The impossible dream? #'s on overlays?

I had not noticed any of those... hmmm
  20. esprcorn

The impossible dream? #'s on overlays?

Feature request... will it one day be possible to get the board hex ID to show up on the overlays? Not usually an issue unless you have a very large overlay in which case it would be very helpful.