Search results

1. Rindis

What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

WOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
  2. Rindis

VASL Map Online Problem/Suggestion Form

Scenario 273 (/G38) Castello Fatato uses two Desert boards (27 & 28) with steppe terrain and... Deep Snow. (Note this also clears out the brush created by steppe terrain....) No hurries on adding snow to the desert boards, I'm just going through creating setup files again. (Also, there's a good...
  3. Rindis

VASL6.6.6 is officially released

A minor version is generally bug fixes and very minor changes. So, I don't look through those release notes much. Also, I missed 6.6.5 completely. Didn't even know it existed until I saw 6.6.6. Again, this sort of thing really deserved a major revision number. I disagree. The bug is the dice...
  4. Rindis

It not easy if you have zero idea that's all been packed away in preferences with no warning on what's labeled as a minor update (rearranging this much furniture should have earned it "6.7", not 6.6.6) after decades of it not being that way.... And some comments on those die preferences - The...
  5. Rindis

Recommendation - shift some things back to the way they've been. Notably, please show a colored die. Also, my text is grey. My opponent (and anyone else looking in) is black. All announcement text (SAN notices, phase changes) are black. Switch that back to something easily seen. (Magenta -...
  6. Rindis

Arrived yesterday!
  7. Rindis

My overlay bundle came in on Wednesday, shortly before my vacation:
  8. Rindis

My Fall Sale purchase just came in:
  9. Rindis

Just tested; looks beautiful! Are extension overlays instead of being integrated into the boards going to be standard practice?
  10. Rindis

The SSR just says they're paths, and makes no other notes, so I'd think the LOS should get blocked. With all the other terrain, I don't think there's any tricky LOS that could result from nearly any exact boundaries you establish. I will note that they state that the paths do join the...
  11. Rindis

Scenario overlay request: A84 Endless Struggle uses board 34. Mostly, it's used straight, but the Q1-P4 and R6-R8 roads are instead woods paths, while the rest stay as roads (and largely woods-roads). (Not playing immediately, but will probably pitch to Patch soon.)
  12. Rindis

African Units

This should probably get listed over at vasl.info....
  13. Rindis

Swedish counters

Any chance of them being re-done in the MMP colors?
  14. Rindis

Custom Marker Suggestions

Just found and looked over the custom [turn, phase, etc] markers in more recent VASL version. Very nice, especially when setting up something like Germans vs Italians. However, I see places for improvements. I would much prefer to see the turn markers in the 'frame' style of the original VASL...
  15. Rindis

That worked! Thanks! As far as using the old method, my file actually originally used that, but I know that Patch's install managed to drop all the old-style overlays a while back, so I'm pretty much just able to use the current extension with him.
  16. Rindis

Just ran into trouble with the current (2.10) version of the overlay extension. Trying to set the OG5 overlay to 'snow' gives this message: Bad Data in Module: Image not found ovrog5c-s.gif Quick testing shows similar behavior on OG3 & OG4. OG1&2 don't have snow commands at all. Also, none of...
  17. Rindis

Please release CG IV for Festung Budapest.....................

There's also a big scenario of the attempted breakout that I'd like to see.
  18. Rindis

Catching up on WO collection while I'm at it.
  19. Rindis

While setting up a scenario I used the board 9 special overlay "Remove building 9DD3". At that point, I got this notice in Vassal: [Out Of Date Custom Code] This module contains outdated custom code, which is not guaranteed to work with versions of VASSAL released after 6-Aug-2021. [Out Of Date...
  20. Rindis

Spent a little more than I meant to, but finally got a copy of Action Pack 7 (sans cover sheet):