Search results

1. D

Memoir '44 game

:D Finally watched a game played.. To me it looked pretty much like Battle Cry or any other of that type of game. I don't really care for games where you have to draw a card to allow you to move, however it does make each game's outcome unknown. You get a few bad draws and your going to...
  2. D

Counter Storage

If anyone has seen Jim Karaly's web site on how he stores counters in #1 coin envelopes http://www.fwgc.net/jim/asl/jim/cos.html , Well I've started to make Avery lables to print and paste on them. If anyone is interested I'll post a link to view them and download what I have so you can use it.
  3. D

Wanted: original Squad leader rules and scenarios

I have the 4th edition rules and scenarios. If you still need them. I also have most of the counters. I think I'm missing 3 or 4 counters.. Send me an address and I'll ship them to you also.. Free.. Can't stand them going to waste..
  4. D

Wooden Ships and Iron Men

Wow.. Thanks Brian.. Used to play Wooden ships and Iron men with my older brother about 25 or so years ago. We played it before we started to play Panzer Blitz. Just e-mailed him the link and maybe we can start playing again.. May even be able to finally beat him :wink:
  5. D

Memoir '44 game

Two guys I know from work are both waiting for it to show up. Maybe able to play it in the next few days and will post what I find. I do know that both of these guys have played Axis and Allies, also Battle Cry. They both think it's going to be a great game. They both have high things to say...
  6. D

Should Out-of-Print Scenarios be freely available?

Thats a great movie, and you do have a point. But what if Republic Pictures had decided not to re-release it? We'd all suffer. However I don't think that this is going to be a case of "one size fits all" rather I think it's now a case of one size sort of fits, kind of.. I'm just saying that...
  7. D

It maybe getting old, but I think there are more people looking at this tread then most of the others. This shows me that there is intrest in the subject. As for "screwing" someone at death, this is why I think the copyright should be more like the patent. It's yours for 26 years then we all...
  8. D

I would not call this naive. Everyone forms there own idea's from the world they live in. What may hold true today for you or me may not hold true for us the next day. The only problem I see with holding a copyright until someones death is the "lost" information while you wait until someone...
  9. D

Nat, Your missing the point of my fist post. Should the law be changed? I'm not debating the current law as to what you can and can not do, I'm saying should we change it. I happen to think we should. The main reason there was a change in the copyright law a few years back was to allow Disney...
  10. D

Not sure what you mean, but going to assume that you mean some of the people that sell copied OOP added to there item. Your not going to get me to say this is OK.. I don't think it is. As I responded off forum to one person, this whole debate is not about rather it's right or wrong, but should...
  11. D

Call me crazy Nat, but it sure looked to me that you are mixing the issues here. The law we are talking about here is about copyright issues, not you being forced to sell your car. Maybe I misunderstood what you where trying to say. But it sure looked like you missed the point. Maybe your not...
  12. D

Admin.. I think your missing the point.. If you sell the car you dont have one left. You transfer ownership. If you sell a copy of a book, you still own the copyright. You only allow someone to use that copyright with the copy of the book. There are different laws that cover this. Copyright...
  13. D

Right now anything you say or write I can re-print, to a point. You write a really bad book I can take and post/publish excerpts from it to show others. I just can't copy the whole book. However the context of this thread is "out of print scenarios". So in that context, lets go back the my first...
  14. D

If you died.. Man I hate to start a post with that subject.. :( Anyway, your estate would own all of your property, unless you left it to someone/something else. But if a company goes belly up and they sell off all of the assests there can still be the off chance that no one claims/buys some...
  15. D

I guess I missed the point.. But my understanding is that a lot of the what people here are unhappy with is not that they cant find the scenarios, but the company that made them in the first place has gone belly up and there's no one around to buy a copy of them from. Same with some books and...
  16. D

Slashdot story. http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/04/06/15/2312251.shtml?tid=103&tid=123&tid=188&tid=99 "Lawrence Lessig and his legal team are asking for your help. Kahle v. Ashcroft is a lawsuit that challenges changes to U.S. copyright law that have created a large class of 'orphan...
  17. D

ASLRB 1st Ed - any good or better getting the 2nd Ed?

I hate waiting myself.. :( I myself wonder if it will ship before the end of summer.. But I'd rather wait and have it done right then get it today and have it half done.. :wink: