Search results

1. jwaldron

BFP 56 White Beach SSR issue with Caves and Tunnels

Always wondered about why drift only exists during heavy surf. As an old ship driver there is always a current off any coast no matter the surf or the wind.... they just make it more interesting ;)
  2. jwaldron

Hutch, from another former sailor (USN) thanks so much for keeping the armory up to date... you...

Hutch, from another former sailor (USN) thanks so much for keeping the armory up to date... you have saved my bacon on transferring from my old storage method to RAACO... by the way, you wouldn't need a few dozen Plano like containers do you :)
  3. jwaldron

Attempting to Identify Counter

Futbol; Thats where it is, thanks for the help.
  4. jwaldron

Yep, all we would have to do is add Nick Rivers and Hillary Flammond counters and boots for the cow ......
  5. jwaldron

LFT 14, Women, Sheep and a cow.... But I also remember an interesting RE in ASL solitaire.
  6. jwaldron

Excellent, thanks Hutch…. So now all I need to figure out is how he got into the Italian Army. thanks for all the help on the pictures. I’ll now have to post something else to use it 🙂
  7. jwaldron

JRK Be glad to post picture. Can someone direct me to a tutorial to do so?
  8. jwaldron

I am slowly but surely transferring my counters from PLANO type boxes to RAACO Handyboxes to reduce storage size. In transferring the Italians, I found a piece that is obviously not MMP or even Avalon Hill. Its artwork makes me think of LFT or BFP. The counter is a 9-1 leader with the name...
  9. jwaldron

What does "Broken ground" look like IRL?

Just don't get your bajadas mixed up with your pediments :) Broken terrain makes me think of the rockslide detritus (up to boulders in size). The boulders are crags with smaller rocks between them, the broken ground is the finer (more like scree) but with vertical relief on the order of small...
  10. jwaldron

Still more Murphy's rules of ASL

And I suspect you have two steel ball bearings to back that up?
  11. jwaldron

Apparently one third of all ASL players play solo the most.

Tell me about it. On VASL I had a stack of attackers (I know, never stack, but playing by myself sometimes I just do odd things to remind me why you don't do things in FtF), 4 units (3 inf and 1 leader). Needed to randomly select a K/# on VASL , rolled 5,1,5,1 top to bottom.. luckily the leader...
  12. jwaldron

Apparently one third of all ASL players play solo the most.

Since 1974 have predominantly played solo (all my games, from Panzerblitz, through AH, SPI, GDW and finally ASL in 1991) due to lack of FtF. Back solo again now as it allows a decent rules review before venturing out on the VASL arena.
  13. jwaldron

A10.51

Train the way you will fight, fight the way you trained... a mantra from my first Captain and one I've never forgotten. Works for ASL, also. I think those concerned about someone going over the hill to get to an unseen building or woods forgets that there are two ways to get someone to stop...
  14. jwaldron

New members introduce yourself here!

TopT F*** Cancer. My wife survived 3 bouts with Hodgkins Lymphoma (one after a bone marrow transplant). Nothing is impossible, and every day begins anew, and brings the chance of renewal for all of us. And that's about as sentimental and philosophical as this old squid gets.... keep the faith...
  15. jwaldron

New members introduce yourself here!

Not a newby, just coming back to the game and the forum after a brief hiatus after the death of my wife several years ago. I'm glad to see that a lot of the usual suspects are still here. :)
  16. jwaldron

Space Force squad values

Eagle4ty Did you mean the original one from1977? Remember playing that with classmates in college.
  17. jwaldron

Who is the world's worst ASL player of all time?

Didn't the Ringworld Puppeteers breed humans for luck, or am I remembering wrong?
  18. jwaldron

Larger Scale SASL Missions

DD; I have run multiple SASL campaigns "simulating" a Marine seaborne assault versus the Japanese. I have chosen a set of SASL missions that would reflect what the Marines would be doing during the 3 to 4 days of the expected invasion, and as each is completed the next is chosen by how well the...
  19. jwaldron

Da Paul Challenge

Got to stay out of the other fellows torpedo water, especially if he's shooting Type 93 Long Lances. People always complained about the graphics, but to me it was just fine, probably because the ship/formation controls work just the way this former naval officer expected them to. Some holes...
  20. jwaldron

Da Paul Challenge

Paul, you constantly surprise me.... What did you get the Rodney with? Many years ago I made scenarios for all of Desron 23's actions under Arleigh Burke for Fighting Steel. I don't recall if I ever turned them loose on the public, however. Jack W