Search results

1. pixelgeek

eRulebook, Pocket Chapter H and errata update (for those not on FB)

That would be very untrue. You would need to do an entire QA run on the new version. My assumption was that they would only do an elub or HTML version.
  2. pixelgeek

My iPad has decent enough resolution that in portrait mode I can read most rulebooks. In landscape mode it is a bit of a PITA. The ASLSK rulebook is an exception in that I prefer to read the physical version. I don't see why an eASLRB couldn't be done in an epub format or html to allow easier...
  3. pixelgeek

The PDF format is designed to keep the layout and design of the original document. So it appears exactly the same as the physical product. Something like epub (or any ebook format) is designed to focus on the text and not include layout or design elements and so you can vary the font and size...
  4. pixelgeek

The 800

Also notice that the Nationalist flag has been edited in the movie to remove the star
  5. pixelgeek

The 800

I think there has been a change in regards to that. If you read the article I linked to there is this section. In a revealing comment, the secretary general of the China Red Culture Research Association, a government-affiliated group, reportedly said of the film: “It is a reversal of history...
  6. pixelgeek

The 800

Except that the film was pulled from its initial film festival release schedule and reworked to remove a scene of soldiers defending the Nationalist flag and add scenes of helpful communist civilians...
  7. pixelgeek

FB/BGG/GS I miss the ASLML

I'd rather post on FB than BGG. Foul pit of despair.
  8. pixelgeek

Wild Bill Wilder passes

Well that is sad news.
  9. pixelgeek

T-shirts

I refuse to use Staples. A few years ago they refused to print out some educational cards from a kids TV show because I wasn't the copyright owner. Got attitude from some 18 year old about IP law.
  10. pixelgeek

T-shirts

Well I don't own an inkjet printer but I might look into seeing if there is someone local that can do one-off shirts
  11. pixelgeek

PTO City Fight Scenarios?

Which is a nice piece of writing (aside from the misplaced object in your second clause) but I think that the context is entirely legitimate here. You talk about expressing disdain and being critical of it and then use a term that is only ever used pejoratively to describe the original...
  12. pixelgeek

PTO City Fight Scenarios?

It is rather funny that the phrase 'virtue signalling' is most often used in a manner which implies that the writer doesn't do that sort of thing which means that it is just signalling a different type of virtues.
  13. pixelgeek

C4 counter cutter

Thanks
  14. pixelgeek

Your Military Historian Sucks

This is why I asked you what you meant. Revisionism is a term in historical research that means a reinterpretation of an event based on new material or a new examination of the material. It isn't pejorative in the sense that it gets used by political figures
  15. pixelgeek

Why I Love ASL: An Anecdote

I have won several games in which I had no right to do so based simply on the dice deciding to roll my way.
  16. pixelgeek

So many of my games have turned on my thinking that phrase :)
  17. pixelgeek

I would disagree but I think it is a more nuanced conversation than one can have on a messageboard :)
  18. pixelgeek

Well no because they are different things.
  19. pixelgeek

Bad decisions that go 'right' despite the odds make for better stories afterwards
  20. pixelgeek

Do you mean that in the historical use of the term or the popular use of the term? I have. A lot of them still don't want to talk about some of the things that happened and what they did. Some of the things I have heard about the 'treatment' of SS prisoners would curl your hair.