Search results

1. Chas

B30.5

Just trying to confirm a broken unit must Rout towards a PB (if it is closest Rout hex) even if Overstacked.
  2. Chas

Pillbox and Sunken/Elevated Road

Some believes this is an illegal setup. However, I cannot find anything in the ASLRB that prevents a PB from setting up in either a Sunken or Elevated Road?
  3. Chas

Son Injured during Airborne Training

Please put my son Max in your prayers. He is in the Airborne-Green Beret program his jump last week in windy conditions did not go well. His situation is not life-threatening but he has surgery on Monday. Multiple broken bones, torn ligaments, etc. His career path will most likely be altered...
  4. Chas

PFZ hexside

Two Woods hexes connected across the hexside. One is a PFZ to a Vineyard which is Inherent Terrain. Is the hexside Vineyard or Woods? What if double PFZ to Open Ground?
  5. Chas

Interest in DASL Boards

This is an exploratory poll to determine interest in our previously published DASL boards.
  6. Chas

Bitterest Day (AKA Sugar Loaf Hill) Preorder

BD: Bitterest Day (boundingfire.com) Gentlemen, We are excited to announce that this product is now available for preorder! Chad has been a pleasure to work with and get BD ready for publication. We look forward to getting it into your hands. Chas
  7. Chas

Changing Crags

Is there a way to change other terrain to Crags and vice/versa in VASL?
  8. Chas

Update on Pierce Mason

Some may know but Pierce has been battling cancer. Was doing fine, but had a tumor grow in intestine and needed surgery. The surgery went well. He is still in the hospital as they are going in to look at other stuff tomorrow. Prayers are welcome! I visited him today. He is in good spirits...
  9. Chas

Snow or rain

Weather is Ground Snow with Overcast conditions. Wind Change is >= 10. Does is start raining or Snowing? Gut tells me Snowing. E3.71 lightly implies Snow, but doesnt say it. It only discusses Falling Snow at game start.
  10. Chas

Bitterest Day (AKA Sugar Loaf Hill)

At that point of going into final stages. I started editing scenarios and rules. Will have a final play of all the scenarios. If this goes well I anticipate a release semi early next year.
  11. Chas

Boats and Landing Craft

Looking for someone who is very familiar with E5 and G12 rules and is willing to help me with something. Please contact me at: cwarrior06@yahoo.com if capable and interested. Thank you, Chas
  12. Chas

B30.42 and B30.6 Withdraw from CC

Does Withdraw from CC = Infiltration and Ambush Withdraw. I think yes as both are a sub set of Withdraw from CC. Since there is no Melee with a Pillbox, Withdraw from Melee is not an option. So the reference to Withdraw from CC is NA has to be for Infiltration and Ambush Withdraw. Thoughts????
  13. Chas

Wind SBR

Any problems with something like this: EC are moist with no Wind and Wind Direction from the northwest at start; Wind Change DR is NA during Turn 1.
  14. Chas

Design Musings

I am writing this based on some of my design style over the years, based on what has happened with Mannerheim Cross. Up front, the references to some advice not always being the best is not meant to be derogatory about those guys, but the opposite. Some of these guys remain some of my best...
  15. Chas

Gathering Storm

With where we are at on Mannerheim Cross, have shifted some effort to Gathering Storm. Which will be the next big BFP project in our series. If you remember, this is what were we were doing at one point, but then shifted to Poland in Flames and then MC. Gathering Storm, as of now, will feature...
  16. Chas

AT Ditch Breach HBR

This appeared to very successful in Crucible of Steel. We have used in Mannerheim Cross. Something similar used in Peleliu. I am rewriting to an expanded, one standard. Looking for feedback on this SBR from Crucible. Ie, issues, something that could be improved, etc. Thanks much, Chas
  17. Chas

5/8 Concealment

Braincramp. Can an OB provided 5/8 inch ? counter be exchanged for a 1/2 inch during setup.
  18. Chas

B9.324 Errata and B9.322

MMP (tip of the hat to them) published this errata for B9.324: "Replace the last sentence with “A HIP unit that desires to claim WA during setup must secretly record such WA status [EXC: 9.323]. A HIP unit may forfeit WA (even if it had been mandatory) to an enemy unit claiming WA (even...
  19. Chas

Designer/Tester Trend Russian Leaders

Not a complaint, or meant to be derogatory in any way. Simply an observation worthy of discussion. The Russians in ASL generally have had few leaders relative to the number of MMC. 20 attacking squads would generally have 2 leaders, 3 max. What has been going on is that many testers recommend...
  20. Chas

Reprint BtB 2, Cobra, HG 2

The out of print products: Beyond the Beachhead 2, BFP 2 Operation Cobra, and High Ground 2 will be reprinted. Tentative release is several months, but will be sometime in 2022. There will be no new content. Will be straight reprints but with scenarios and maps upgraded with our newer and...