Search results

1. Rock SgtDan

The modern way to take out the Maginot Line ?

During WWII the Nazi-occupied Maginot Line fortresses were taken out by buldozing the exits shut, then dropping gasoline & explosives down the air vents. As recapitulated in The Dirty Dozen. In the Pacific Theatre, flamethrowers & flame tanks worked the open entrances, followed by demo...
  2. Rock SgtDan

SL to ASL BPV conversion

And of course "SkudKaFizz" is the name of a fizzy drink concocted by Don Greenwood containing Mr.Pibb, aspirin, and laudeneum, to take the edge of editing ASL drafts.
  3. Rock SgtDan

ASL Armory Files

It is absolutely hard for players who have not memorized the names and accepted cryptograms for all the products. Its the typical attitude of the Grogs who want to drive away new players by their habitual condescending behavior. State the phrase AND the abbreviation, so people can LEARN.
  4. Rock SgtDan

How to become better at using AFVs in ASL?

The rules specify a HEX. If you are in Bypass, are you IN a hex? If so, WHICH hex? Maybe the sentences specifying "in a hex" are moot with respect to Bypass ?
  5. Rock SgtDan

Why is the website deleting my "greater than" characters, which I use to denote quoted material, in accordance with the most fundamental RFCs in the computer world? In this composition box, while editing in this comment, I see the word QUOTE in brackets [] where the symbol ought to be; but when...
  6. Rock SgtDan

Altered this slightly: This makes sense. I am driving my tank at 5 mph and come into view of ground that I want to cross at 30mph. So I [stop, back up, and get a running start so I am in 4th gear] by the time I enter that ground. The actions in [...] take place within the hex I am in, so in...
  7. Rock SgtDan

I was following you until that. IF THE TANK DOES wish to enter a hex that it has insufficient MP to enter, AND IT chooses to enter THEN it enters the new hex at whatever MP expenditure the driver want to spend. So, if the hex costs X MP and the tank has <X , I can enter the hex and choose to...
  8. Rock SgtDan

I give, you take...

Why is the word "different" in that sentence? A unit changing possession to/from itself is silly. The word "between" clearly requires more than one unit. And as written it allows n-way swaps, not only 2-way.
  9. Rock SgtDan

Electronic ASL Rulebook Now on Sale!!

Not one but two automatic fails for the product. Too typical.
  10. Rock SgtDan

Would the Soviets have access to napalm by the mid 50s?

Need a more complete citation to find it.
  11. Rock SgtDan

Average Dice

I don't grasp how to utilize this for either the OP's method or Lightspeeds.
  12. Rock SgtDan

Average Dice

Ya'll do know that Averaging Dice are numbered 2,3,3,4,4,5 ? And they have been for sale since the 1970's ?
  13. Rock SgtDan

Map bundle

So I guess the manufacturing process embosses a crease & ships them to the warehouse flat, and when you sell one you fold it by hand & stick it in an envelope?
  14. Rock SgtDan

ASL Armory Files

New people would greatly benefit if you decoded the jargonspeak filename to actually say which module it covers.
  15. Rock SgtDan

ASLRB - 2020 Update version - Errata

So does this 4 pages supercede all the errata on the website, which very confusingly applies to each earlier version? So for $100 you get to pencil-in ONLY 4 pages of stuff... And presumably its NOT in the new digital version either?
  16. Rock SgtDan

in acrobat reader, under Prefs/ page display / page content/ you can check "use logical page numbers" & any device can read ASCII text - which is all that is necessary for 99% of all documents. https://support.apple.com/guide/preview/if-go-to-page-shows-the-wrong-page-of-a-pdf-prvw18524/mac...
  17. Rock SgtDan

And really, how many decades have to go by before updating the copy? "ASL has just gotten better with the introduction of the ASL RULES 2nd Edition."
  18. Rock SgtDan

" From the MMP Website: 2020 Reprint Update: This 2020 reprint of the ASL RULES 2nd Edition contains all the replacement rules pages provided in Action Pack 4, ARMIES OF OBLIVION, and HAKKAA PÄÄLLE!, all the updated dividers provided through HAKKAA PÄÄLLE!, as well as a list of all the official...
  19. Rock SgtDan

MMP eRulebook

The FireFox AddOn called NoScript allows you to block scripts, such as tracking & ad serving crap. Finding a tablet that does not "phone home" your activities is difficult. How much memory is required for the eASLRB, so you can operate offline?
  20. Rock SgtDan

Hmm, then if I buy software that lets me edit the PDF, I can add, say, blank lines, and "logical page 7" just becomes longer, it will not "bleed over" into the next logical page. Good.