Search results

1. Ed Caswell

A lifetime of ASL Items

My name is Stacy and my father was Ed Caswell. He passed away October of 2020 and I grew up watching him play ASL. It is now my sad task to rehome all of his games, counters, boards. etc. He had multiple copies of items and some are unopened. If anyone is interested, please email me at...
  2. Ed Caswell

Mapboard 77.

Thank you. Ed
  3. Ed Caswell

Mapboard 77.

Where is it ???
  4. Ed Caswell

STARTER KIT SCENARIOS

Thank you much. Ed
  5. Ed Caswell

STARTER KIT SCENARIOS

Does anyone know where I can find ASLSK Scenarios S64 to S71 inclusive ?
  6. Ed Caswell

Hedges and HEAT

Per B9.36 (last sentence), "Hedges do not create HD status.". Ed
  7. Ed Caswell

Surely dumb question about VBM

This is also the way I interpret Rule D2.31. Ed
  8. Ed Caswell

OVR attacks

Back in early 2018 (I believe) the below Q/A showed up in "Perry Sez" and read as follows: Q. "An AFV fires its MA as bounding first fire during its MPh (retaining ROF) but does not fire its MG armament. According to Rule D3.3, the result is that it does not place a bounding fire counter but...
  9. Ed Caswell

Wall/hedge - different treatment of LOS and TEM?

I believe the rules cited could be read to support either view, particularly B9.1. However, I also am more than happy to play the rules either way. Thanks for the comments.
  10. Ed Caswell

Wall/hedge - different treatment of LOS and TEM?

I have always played that the wall/hedge artwork extending from a hexspine into the next hex is purely aesthetic in nature and does not affect LOS. Rules B9.1 and B.1 support this as I read them. I don't believe there has ever been a Q/A that addresses this, but I do believe there has been...
  11. Ed Caswell

Assault Moving in Open and Concealment

So Concealment would not be lost due to the presence of a Hindrance (i.e., no FFMO) per A10.531. I had completely missed the reference to A10.531 by A12.14. Ed
  12. Ed Caswell

Assault Moving in Open and Concealment

Rule A12.14 says (in next to last sentence of last Paragraph), "The presence of a LOS Hindrance or beneficial defensive DRM (such as TEM and CA change DRM) along the LOS to a concealed unit does not prevent loss of its concealment.". Thus, no FFMO if a LOS Hindrance (i.e., Brush/Grain/etc.)...
  13. Ed Caswell

SR/FFE Blast Height and Rooftops

The next to the last sentence of the first Example in Rule C1.62 reads, "(Thus even had the SSR landed in W3 he still could have seen it.)". In the accompanying illustration for the first Example the round is at Level 0 in W3 and the Viewer is at Level 2 in W6 with Level 2 Hexes (W5 and W4)...
  14. Ed Caswell

A25.223 Becoming Berserk & Timing.

Rule A15.41 LEADER CONSEQUENCES says, "When a leader goes berserk, he must (after first resolving any fire attack vs any other targets in that Location)..." Ed
  15. Ed Caswell

AFV case J and Motion Status

Rule C6.1 states Case J applies if the vehicle, "...is/was in Motion status during that Player Turn...". Case J would apply. Ed
  16. Ed Caswell

Delay fire onto same hex former Melee

See Post 1 and/or Post 8 as basis for Delay MPs. Ed
  17. Ed Caswell

Delay fire onto same hex former Melee

Rule D3.3 BOUNDING FIRST FIRE (4th sentence) specifically states a vehicle may expend Delay MPs at the start of its MPh. Ed
  18. Ed Caswell

Straying and Wide Boulevard

I have in my notes that Wide City Blvds and Runways are not exceptions to Straying but that Graveyard Roads and Narrow Streets are. I do not remember if this came from Q/As or a consensus here on this Forum. Best I can do. Ed
  19. Ed Caswell

Bypass and TCA

Note that A4.34 also directs the reader to C.5 as well. Ed
  20. Ed Caswell

Vehicle Self-Destruction

I have them on my PC from some time ago. I believe I downloaded them from your site or from the Texas ASL group. I haven't been able to locate source yet but will continue to look. Sorry I could not give you a better response. Ed