Search results

1. hayesncsu

Landing Craft Cheat Sheets?

Good morning! I have been unable to find landing craft quick reference/cheat sheets online. Are any available? Thank you!
  2. hayesncsu

VASL Map Setup Question

Good afternoon! It is so nice to have such a helpful group here! I mistakenly added some rubble overlays to a map. These are the "draggable overlays" at the top. Is there a way to delete these now? Or to reload the map and start over? I have already picked all the counters and they are next to...
  3. hayesncsu

Turn Tracker/Overlay?

Good morning! Thanks for the help on here folks! I cannot seem to locate the turn tracker and compass, etc. that most folks seem to have on their maps? I understand how to do Labels to make some of below just can't seem to find the counters for wind, etc. nor the turn track. Thanks! THANKS!
  4. hayesncsu

New to VASL- Help Loading Scenario

Hello! Like many of us I am stuck at home and am going to try VASL. I have VASL 6.4.4 loaded. I can open a game and manually set up no problem. How do I go about loading a scenario? I tried one from the VASL site that was for 6.3 and it did not open correctly? Maybe due to version...
  5. hayesncsu

John Tiller Games?

Hello! As a person stuck at home now I have a mild interest in playing some computer games. Not my favoritate compared to face to face but not much choice these days. Are the Squad Battles games from John Tiller worth checking out? Thank you for the sage advice I am sure can be found here! Hayes
  6. hayesncsu

Panzerfaust Check! ;-)

Here is our 2 year old checking out some PF!
  7. hayesncsu

ASL in Miniature - 20mm Game

20mm ASL game in Stalingrad loosely based on Guards Counterattack. I ran this for 3 non-ASL playing friends of mine who have mostly played DND, euro games etc. They had a blast and want to play more!
  8. hayesncsu

Help Finding Scenario

Good afternoon! (EST) I am trying to remember a scenario I have played that I would like to recreate in miniature. Late War Russians/Germans Russians are trying to capture a bridge before Germans blow it Germans have to get troops across bridge before blowing it Urban setting Thank you for...
  9. hayesncsu

Starting Hatten CGII Wednesday 8/29/18

Excited to get this CG on the table. I am the Germans. Kevin Conley is Americans. Any helpful tips? I'll take all the help I can get!!! ;-)
  10. hayesncsu

HF3 First Timers from Hatten in Flames

It was just too tempting to get this on the table! I played the German defenders against Kevin Conley's attacking Americans. VIEW AT SETUP TURN 3 VIEW AT END We had a great time playing this one. The Americans came on with some force (2 tanks and 4 5 squads) in F30 in order to turn the...
  11. hayesncsu

Impossible to beat ASL!

As I continue to struggle to find a set of rules to use for 20mm miniature wargaming in WWII it always reminds me how GOOD ASL IS! Thankful for this system and all the designers, playtesters, players, bloggers, retailers, etc. who have supported it for decades. It seems I will always fall back...
  12. hayesncsu

Help a Fellow ASLer Get to Paris for Work

Good afternoon (EST), My good friend and frequent opponent Kevin Conley has been asked to present at a conference in Paris next month on Nanotechnology Education. Kevin is working to re-enter the nanotech workforce and this would be a major opportunity for him to get in front of potential...
  13. hayesncsu

StN4 Get the Lights!

Played ASL scenario StN4 "Get the Lights!" last night. The British were tasked with knocking out the St Nazaire Power Station with a one and a half Commando squads (I believe this represents the Assault and Covering squads historically), LMG, demo squad (2-2-8) and two DC. They have 2 heroic...
  14. hayesncsu

St. Nazaire- Starting in 2 Weeks!

We are embarking on some of the scenarios from St. Nazaire in 2 weeks. Any helpful feedback or commentary? Thank you!
  15. hayesncsu

SL Scenarios for Bruneval and/or Vaagso Conversions?

Good afternoon (EST), Has anyone ever seen the original SL scenarios WWW 86 or WWW 87 converted to ASL? I am in a British Commando/Special Operations reading phase and would love to play these. Thank you!
  16. hayesncsu

Recovery in RPh

Good afternoon (EST), The recovery paragraph confuses me. I read it to say that during the RPh units can roll to recover SW/Guns with no limit on the amount of attempts per SW/Gun other than only one attempt per unit in the location. EX: I have two squads in building with AT gun they want to...
  17. hayesncsu

OBA Spotter Movement

An OBA spotter with SR or any other active mission on the board cannot move without loss/cancellation and then rolling/new chit draw? Can he Advance with a SR or other on board? It would seem he can but I might be missing the rule. Thank you!
  18. hayesncsu

Smoke and Fire Lanes

This is probably on the forum but I couldn't locate. A BIG thank you in advance for the help. I understand smoke between the firer (fire lane placer) and the target does not affect the fire lane shot. However, what about Smoke IN the firer's hex? Or in the Target hex? I don't think so but need...
  19. hayesncsu

DB139 A Hard Rain's Gona Fall AAR

I played this one last week with Kevin Conley. I played as the defending Japanese and went with a pretty balanced setup not knowing which flank he would push on (note I hadn't decided CA for pillboxes when I took this photo.) I am always torn on the value of foxholes. In hindsight with the...
  20. hayesncsu

AP131 Crickets in Spring

We started this scenario last night. I am playing the defending Russians. I didn't formulate a very cohesive strategy so it's a little up front and a little held back! The mud really slows down and funnels the German advance. So far (through 2 turns) the Russians are holding their own. CVP-wise...