Search results

1. Darrell Andersen

What boardgames have you played recently?

GMT does have a 2 player COIN game in the works: "Colonial Twilight" https://www.gmtgames.com/p-548-colonial-twilight-the-french-algerian-war-1954-62.aspx
  2. Darrell Andersen

Played a couple games of Pandemic with the family. The pestilence prevailed.
  3. Darrell Andersen

I am in the middle of my first game of VQ via VASSAL/PBEM. Good stuff.
  4. Darrell Andersen

We've just played 3 consecutive "long" games of FitL and now it's my first go at GMT's The Virgin Queen. I am piloting The Ottomans.
  5. Darrell Andersen

Storm Over Dien Bien Phu and Storm Over Staingrad. Fun, easy quick to set up and play.
  6. Darrell Andersen

The Mila 18 NoNsEnSe thread - Part 4

I can smell the STD's from here. Or maybe that is just the bayou stench washing up from Psycho's trailer.
  7. Darrell Andersen

"It has become the land of the lame, home of the sick and twisted" duh. Jazz is a traitor, I've abandoned the forums and as we know, Psycho is not man enough to do the job by himself.
  8. Darrell Andersen

Just a reminder why we use "Ernie" as a verb in these here parts. R.I.P. Mr. Borgnine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I_PeLNzxNQ
  9. Darrell Andersen

Re: RIP Hall of Famer Bob Feller... Bullet Bob also had five campaign ribbons and eight battle stars whilst serving on the Alabama in WWII. He is a good Iowa boy as well, born in Van Meter, IA. Amongst his many nicknames: "The Heater from Van Meter". :-)
  10. Darrell Andersen

Iowa State takes down Texas for the first time EVER in school history. Highlighted by my nephew (Mike O'Connell #37) making a sweet pick in the end zone right before half time!!
  11. Darrell Andersen

I haven't but now my interest is piqued. Better wait until I get home. I'd imagine that it's NSFW. Thompson- I got home last night and my wife informed me she is going to Newport Beach (solo) for the weekend of 8/28. You can keep an eye on her right? :-) You know where the house is.....
  12. Darrell Andersen

"When is your trip...or are you doing the Iowa underpants vacation?" Sticking with the Iowa underpants. K and the girls are going out for a few days but I'll be here in the tall corn hoping for some sweet elixir of ASL,golf and fishing. Thanksgiving for 2 weeks is looking highly likely for...
  13. Darrell Andersen

3 *DAYS* of no posting in the Mila 18 thread? Wow...new dynamic around here....
  14. Darrell Andersen

Re: Psycho's Love Slave "+3 vorpal blade of good taste!" Perhaps the nerdiest thing ever said on these forums. Truly impressive in it's woman-repelling nerdery.
  15. Darrell Andersen

World Cup 2010 : who's gonna win the thing ??

"BTW, to what do we owe this (welcome) re-appearance ?" Begining to feel some enthusiasm for the silly game (ASL, not "football") again for the most part and freeing up time for same. Hoping that keeping up with this bunch will add to that enthusiasm.
  16. Darrell Andersen

World Cup 2010 : who's gonna win the thing ??

"I believe England will beat the Germans too" But only if we (the US) wait until late in the game and then send Landon Donovan over to win the game and then ignore the English contribution to holding the Germans off. There is some precedence for this. :-)
  17. Darrell Andersen

Rex Scotia asks: "Any plans for Newport Beach?..." Possibly in July. We were out for 2 weeks in March but the schedule was packed. Kinda did the SoCal tourist routine for a change, took the girls to the SD Zoo, spent a few days out at Warner Ranch near Temecula, burned a couple days at...
  18. Darrell Andersen

Jazz's treachery was his own doing, I had nothing to do with that. There are a number of products I need to catch up on, MMP and otherwise. Getting back on the design horse as well. We shall see. 2 weeks off in July with no real plans and ASLOK is becoming a possibility as well. I am...
  19. Darrell Andersen

You F'ers still here?? A few weeks will mark the 1 year anniversary of my last scenario. Maybe hanging out with you ladies will inspire me to play again. So, what have I missed? :-)
  20. Darrell Andersen

New members introduce yourself here

Tooz?? As in Brian Martuzas? Egads! Welcome back man!