Search results

1. Stubinpsu

HASL Festung Budapest

Would you be willing to play PBEM?
  2. Stubinpsu

Looking for HASL live VASL

I realize I've barely scratched the surface of playing the amount of ASL kit I own - especially HASL. I'd like to get a live VASL game of a scenario from one of the following: Hatten in Flames Red Factories (RO/RF Scenarios) Valor of the Guards Pegasus Bridge (I know this is ancient history...
  3. Stubinpsu

Changing TCA after firing MA in AFph - legal?

Thanks all for the replies.
  4. Stubinpsu

Changing TCA after firing MA in AFph - legal?

Wanted to confirm something in my current game of WCW7 Eye of the Tiger. My opponent has his Tiger in bypass and fires it's MA in the Advancing Fire Phase. He misses the shot but announces a TCA change to set himself up to fire in my Mph. Is this legal? My read of D3.32 and D3.5 say yes but...
  5. Stubinpsu

Looking for some VASL PBEM

Thanks all to those who reached out. I've managed to pick up two games so good to go. SJR
  6. Stubinpsu

John - Thanks for the offer. I'll send over some suggestions on email tomorrow.

John - Thanks for the offer. I'll send over some suggestions on email tomorrow.
  7. Stubinpsu

Looking for some VASL PBEM

Hi All, Looking to get a game going via on VASL. PBEM, 4-5 logs per week through August. Once September hits my travel schedule heats up so tempo will slow to 2-3 logs per week. Prefer to play something on the smaller end of the spectrum: 2 boards max 6-8 turns ETO/MTO Have all official...
  8. Stubinpsu

New members introduce yourself here

Howdy all, I'm new to the forum but have been playing ASL since 1998. I was fairliy active on the ASL mailing list from 1998 to 2000- quite an entertaining time!. I'm a memeber of the DC Area Conscripts ASL club. Stu
  9. Stubinpsu

American Paratroopers

Tuomo wrote: Are there plans to change the exisiting Finnish scenarios to reflect these changes to the Finn OB?
  10. Stubinpsu

ASLML manners and the Spuddies

I forgot about this. That was pretty nuclear. Stu
  11. Stubinpsu

I have to agree with the part about finding the acrimony amusing. :twisted: I didn't mean to get people heading down memory lane of the ASLML.- sorry if this topic causes some old rivalries to pop up. What I'm trying to learn is what happened that caused the spuddies to be discontinued after...
  12. Stubinpsu

The thread on Manners and some of the comments about the ASLML got me thinking: What was the event that sparked Tom Repetti to forgo doing the Spuddies for 2003? I'm thinking it had something to do with manners on the ASLML. Personally, I subscribed to the ASLML in the middle of 1998 and as...
  13. Stubinpsu

Errata - Updating the RB

I write any errata in the margins (or cross out as applicable) next to the "offending" rule in pencil. I also keep a copy of the errata printed out in the front of my rules binder. For those of you who choose not to write errata in your rulebook what's the reason? Stu
  14. Stubinpsu

ASLSK -- S1: Retaking Vierville AAR

Only if she doesn't use it in the house. Stu "We'd probably all be dead if it weren't for Twinkies" R
  15. Stubinpsu

Ebay - If your buying/bidding read this!!!

I'm not sure how useful they are. In another thread on the forums someone made the point that the data cards tend to take up a a lot of space for limited benefit. Personally I have the German, Russian and U.S. afv data cards from Streets of Fire and Hedgerow Hell and have never used them in...
  16. Stubinpsu

Opinions on the NEW maps

I have to agree here, for example, Board z (which I think is the the city board) just dosen't have the same character as board 1 even though they both are city boards. If you look at the two boards side by side, board z looks "vanilla" and the clipart buildings also detract from the look. I...
  17. Stubinpsu

Tournament Attendance

To the mods: Is there a way this thread can be set to "sticky"? I think it's a good subject and something I think a lot of the ASL players are interested in. Of course I may be wrong and I'm just setting myself up for a barrage of potential spud-worthy comments.
  18. Stubinpsu

3 players

"Dogs of War" (TOT45) is designed as a three player game. It's a 1945 melee with Germans, Russians and Partisans (I think those are the three sides) duking it out on city boards. I've never played it but from what I've heard it's a blast. I don't think it's a stretch to adapt a scenario for...
  19. Stubinpsu

Paratrooper

I would advise buying Paratrooper at this stage. While a number of scenarios use guns and/or vehicles at least 2 are infantry/SW only affairs. It's a shame Beyond Valor is unavailable at the present time since scenarios A-C provide very good learning experiences. Plus once you play Guards...
  20. Stubinpsu

Question re: the Red Numbers/Letters in OVHS

Jackbear- The German units in OVHS that use red for ID letters/#s and leader names are Panzer Lehr units. See page Z24, CG5. Stu