Search results

1. Evan Sherry

Colonel Ralph Puckett "The Ranger" Passed Away Today

Colonel Ralph Puckett "The Ranger" died today in Columbus, GA. He was 97 years old. President Biden awarded him the Medal of Honor on 21 May 2021 for his actions in Korea on 25 November 1950. He was the last living Medal of Honor recipient of the Korean War. Thank you Colonel Puckett.
  2. Evan Sherry

Rally Point Volume 20 scenarios for ROAR or JR are you still alive?

We have sent JR a few massages requesting for our Rally Point #20 scenarios to be uploaded to ROAR. It was released October, but our scenarios are not yet listed on ROAR. Is JR ok. Is he still maintaining ROAR?
  3. Evan Sherry

Rally Point Volume 20 Will be Released at ASLOK 10/4/23

Rally Point Volume 20: will be released at ASLOK on Wednesday 10/4/23! Rally Point Volume 20: The Italian Army in World War II is a set of 10 all new scenarios featuring the Italian Army. Each scenario was handmade and play-tested to the high standard players expect from the Tampa ASL Group’s...
  4. Evan Sherry

Chateau Sherry/Tampa ASL Group Hurricane Update

Chateau Sherry is fortified. So far, all ok. Precious ASL material has been evacuated to level zero of HQ. Winds are gusting to 50mph. As Hal Moore would put it "It's getting pretty sporty here". We're going to ride out the storm in place. I'm thinking we will cancel this Saturday's playtest...
  5. Evan Sherry

Rally Point Volume #19: ASL Starter Kit Special Study III scenario list

Rally Point Volume 19: Starter Kit Special Study III is an ASL/ASL Starter Kit Compatible scenario pack that requires Starter Kits 1-4, Starter Kit Expansion Pack #1 and Starter Kit Bonus Pack #1. Each scenario is fully compatible with full ASL rules and ASL Starter Kit Rules. These 10 scenarios...
  6. Evan Sherry

Can There Be Enough Starter Kit Scenarios?

How many Starter Kit Scenarios are there? Can There Be Enough Starter Kit Scenarios? Are there too many Starter Kit Scenarios? Who needs more Starter Kit Scenarios?
  7. Evan Sherry

How Many Starter Kit Scenarios are There?

How Many Starter Kit Scenarios are There? Are there too many Starter Kit Scenarios? Are there enough Starter Kit Scenarios?
  8. Evan Sherry

How Many ASL Starter Kits are There?

How Many ASL Starter Kits are There?
  9. Evan Sherry

Colonel Ralph Puckett Jr. Awarded the Medal of Honor 70 Years Later

A few years ago, I designed RPT165 Rangers Lead the Way for Rally Point Volume 17, Special Study II of the Korean War. It was in this action on Hill 205 that then First Lieutenant Ralph Puckett Jr., led his company of Rangers in an attack against the Communist Chinese. Reading the description of...
  10. Evan Sherry

Hollow Legions reprint, Will you play the desert?

I have been eagerly awaiting the reprint of Hollow Legions because I like the desert. In fact, I prefer playing desert to PTO scenarios. However, I am not sure that many ASLers enjoy the desert as much as I do. Over the years I have made many desert scenarios, but few of them have been printed...
  11. Evan Sherry

You got the COVID-19 vaccine, so now what?

For those of you who have received your second shot of the Covid-19 vaccine, now what? Are you going to return to face to face gaming?
  12. Evan Sherry

Post Your Results for Rally Point 18: The French Army: Friend and Foe on ROAR

ASLers, Rally Point Volume #18: The French Army: Friend and Foe scenarios have been added to ROAR. Please be sure to post the results of any of these scenarios you play on the ROAR site.
  13. Evan Sherry

2020 Page A54

The picture of the British 6-4-8 that was originally on page A54 in rule A25.42 Airborne has now shifted to A25.43 Gurkha. It initially confused me, but I quickly determined it was a simple error on the updated page A54. I was somewhat taken aback for such an error to appear in the ASLRB at this...
  14. Evan Sherry

What is Your ASL Budget for 2020?

I just got my copy of Croix de Guerre (I ordered three if them). It is very nice and I like it a lot despite the 46 Opel Blitz trucks. Given the current price of official and independently published ASL related material, what do you expect to spend on ASL related game components in 2020? By...
  15. Evan Sherry

I Now Have Enough Opel Blitz Trucks

Several years ago I had a scenario idea that would need 46 Opel Blitz trucks. Now, with the arrival of Croix de Guerre, I can finally finish this scenario design.
  16. Evan Sherry

Are You Going to Play a Korean War Scenario at ASLOK 2019?

Hi ASLers, MMP released The Forgotten War about two years ago. If you have not played a Korean War scenario, its about time you did. Korea definitely has a different feel than World War Two. The North Koreans and the Communist Chinese both have their unique idiosyncrasies that will challenge...
  17. Evan Sherry

Rally Point Volume #17: Special Study II of the Korean War is now available!

Available Now! Rally Point Volume 17: Special Study II of the Korean War is a set of 10 all new scenarios that are set in the 1950-1951 period of the Korean War. Each scenario was handmade and play-tested to the high standard players expect from the Tampa ASL Group’s fine craftsmen and is...
  18. Evan Sherry

The Tampa ASL Group Has Lost Dave "Mountain Man" Brown

I got a call Saturday morning from Dave Brown's daughter who informed me that he passed away on Friday, 8/23/19. He died of a heart attack. He was 72. Dave has been an important part of the Tampa ASL Group since 1997. Dave was always ready to play ASL and could always be depended upon to...
  19. Evan Sherry

How will the Croix de Guerre reprint treat the Free French?

How will Croix de Guerre reprint treat the Free French? Will it redo the French rules to include the KW OUNC counters to represent them?
  20. Evan Sherry

Starter Kit #4 Counter Mix

I received my copies of Starter Kit #4. I like it. I could not help but notice the strange counter mix. After all of the hoopla about introducing the Japanese, there is a surprisingly small amount of them. There are only three 4-4-8s and only one of each type of Japanese leader. Strangely, there...