Search results

1. MatrimSaric

ITT Crit Exactly on

Doing a blog post on ITT critical hits and wanted to check a specific case.. A tank shooting ITT type stops and takes a bounding fire shot at a squad in a wood at 4 hexes distance. Modified TH is 8 TEMs +1 wood TEM +1 buttoned up +2 C (ST) +2 B Tank rolls original die roll of snake eyes so...
  2. MatrimSaric

vasl voice uk evening weeklyish

since my search for people willing to play vwb is unsurprisingly falling flat i am broadening to look for a vasl opponent who is happy to play evenings uk time once a week (or so) on tues or thurs or fri or sat dont mind newish players and am not particularly picky about what is played.
  3. MatrimSaric

Voice-Boards UK Evening, Weekly

Looking for anyone who wants to play with their boards/counters over voice chat (skype, discord or other). UK Evenings Tuesdays or Thursdays or Saturdays around once a week ish. Probably for 2-3 hours a session. Happy for players wanting to learn or for those with more experience.
  4. MatrimSaric

European evenings weekly vasl opponent

Hi all, I am looking for another regular opponent. I have slots free in the evenings after 7-8pm GMT (bst in a month) until around 10-10-30. Currently Tuesdays , Thursdays, Fridays and some Saturdays are available. Hopefully this will be as near to weekly as possible. The aim is to start...
  5. MatrimSaric

Uniform Help

Hi all, after some help on uniform. The below picture is my wife grandfather who served with the Seaforth Highlanders in Madagascar, with the 8th army in Egypt and then Italy. I am looking to colorize the photo and want details of the hat band colors (it should be easy enough to get this and I...
  6. MatrimSaric

Chi-ha

Hi all, Produced one of my ASL Gear posts on the Chi-Ha http://hulldown.theblogpress.com/2018/10/12/asl-gear-type-97-chi-ha/ awaiting Paul's destruction of everything said with eagerness!!
  7. MatrimSaric

Dug in tank location

I have to dig in some tanks for a PTO scenario and was wondering if I could do so on a dirt road (so non-paved). (Tropic Lightning)
  8. MatrimSaric

PBEM

K I hopefully have my weekly VASL game sorted so I also want to start up a PBEM game. Looking at 2-3 logs a week. Happy to play beginners or get beaten by experts. Considering my weekly vasl game will be western front initially (if not a beginner) then something pacific based might be amusing by...
  9. MatrimSaric

VASL/ftf/skype uk evenings

Hi, Looking for a regularish opponent for a night a week for probably 2 to 2.5 hours from 8pm bst (then GMT). Happy to play ftf (I wish...) VASL with voice (skype or appear.in) or voice with boards. Initially for a scenario to see if it works but eventually looking towards some campaign games...
  10. MatrimSaric

BoF2 A Polish Requiem

AAR up on my site http://hulldown.theblogpress.com/2018/05/22/bof2-polish-requiem/ Enjoy! or don't..
  11. MatrimSaric

gullys and streams oh my

Just trying to get my head around shallow streams . Could anyone confirm or deny the validity of the following please... Assume unit in shallow stream so essentially a gully. Assume stream is crossing the T of all the observers. A unit in a gl hex adjacent has los because adjacent is...
  12. MatrimSaric

Fire Lane Possibility Question

Can a machine gun squad in T6 shooting at a squad in U6 lay a fire lane to X4? Cheers all...
  13. MatrimSaric

Die roll please

to decide a Red Barricades campaign nationality choice.. :)
  14. MatrimSaric

Ambush withdrawel minimum move

K a complicated scenario but a russian lax half squad with a russian stealthy first line squad and a neg one officer ambushed a german defender and killed it. They then withdrew into a trench in a neighbouring hex that contains a burning wreck. Now the first line squad is also walking wounded...
  15. MatrimSaric

Photos

I was doing a general search for relevant photos for the blog and ventured onto pinterest for the first time. Here I was surprised to find a lot of excellent re-coloured photos but after closer study noticed that a large proportion were staged re-enactor shots. This made me slightly...
  16. MatrimSaric

rb los

Hi all, Concealed squad in Y39, enemy squad in AA39. If the concealed squad advances into the gully in Z39 does I lose concealment? Thanks all.allowing I don't mistype cut of map here Https://1drv.ms/i/s!AtVm3wgSTzsZguY9-ya04hMRheVEKg
  17. MatrimSaric

Resid, fire lane

If a squad plus an lmg takes a ff shot at a hex and sets a fire lane what happens to the resid? Is the resid in the target hex 2 (for the squad) or 1 for the lmg. I know the rest of the fire lane bar the next door hexes are 1 and the rules say you cannot add normal resid to firelane resid but...
  18. MatrimSaric

Mix of requests

Nothing to see here. Plus I cant delete
  19. MatrimSaric

RB Timings

K, I am considering having a go at one of the RB campaigns on VASL (no ftf and campaign setup/dismantling would be an irritation on SkyeWithBoards) Can any recommend which of the campaigns is appropriate for an RB newbie and whether 2-3 hours a session is at all workable weekly. Thanks for any...
  20. MatrimSaric

vasl pbem

K looking for a pbem game. Probably 3-4 logs a week. Currently thinking about a pto scenario..