Search results

1. Juzek

Heroic DRM and MG ROF

A Hero is stacked with a squad that possesses a MMG. The units fire group, applying the heroic DRM, and the MMG maintains rate. Does the heroic DRM apply to subsequent attacks by the MMG? A search for this in the Q&A and this forum didn't turn up anything, but a web search came up with this gem...
  2. Juzek

WO45 Better Than Nothing - Russian M4A2

The Russian OoB includes 2 Sherman tanks, labeled "M4A2." The only Russian Shermans I have found are labeled "Sherman III(a)." They are the same vehicle but the details on the back of the counters are slightly different. Are there Russian-color M4A2 counters somewhere?
  3. Juzek

Pinned vehicle crew and Target Selection

If an OT vehicle crew is pinned, can it move into an enemy AFV's hex to force Target Selection (A7.212) on that enemy AFV? D2.7 states "A vehicle cannot voluntarily stop or end its MPh in Motion in an enemy AFV’s hex .... unless it can, at the moment and position of entry into that hex, attack...
  4. Juzek

Concealment and Melee

During the APh a squad advances into a Location containing a HIP Gun and crew. The gun and crew are placed onboard concealed, correct? Assuming the answer to that is yes, if the crew declines to attack in CC and retains concealment, and survives the enemy's CC attack, a Melee does not exist and...
  5. Juzek

Sword & Fire Map problem

While playing on the S&F map (Race to The River), stacks don't show up accurately. For example, I have a stack of 4 concealed counters in a hex but when I hold the cursor over them only the top 2 show up, not including the concealment marker. My opponent looking at the same hex will only see 2...
  6. Juzek

RR level in ASL 222 "Bloody Nose"

Is there a default RR level? Its not defined in the SSR for this scenario.
  7. Juzek

Set DC in SF1

Getting ready to play SF1 Race To The River, and the Japanese have 6 DC that can be Set pre-game. Each DC must have an MMC assigned to detonate it. Is there a limit to the number of Set DCs that can be assigned to one MMC, assuming that one unit meets all the criteria of range <=6 and LOS to...
  8. Juzek

Cropping the Manila map

Is this possible?
  9. Juzek

Of DC's and FT's

These two support weapons might be the most feared when they appear in your opponent's OoB, but its often difficult to use them effectively. They draw fire, especially the FT, and you have to get really close to the enemy to use them. They will attract a lot of Defensive Fire, possibly allowing...
  10. Juzek

Pre-game bombardment and immobilization

During a pre-game bombardment (C1.8), a truck towing a gun with the gun crew as a passenger rolls a 7 and is immobilized. The crew rolls 12 and is eliminated. Is the Gun unaffected? Malfunctioned? We did not roll separately for it. Should we have done that? Now, assuming that we ended up with...
  11. Juzek

KGP - re-manning and re-arming a half track

Playing KGP CG I. In a previous Refit Phase, the crew and AAMG of a SPW 251/1 half track abandoned its vehicle, taking the AAMG with it. Now in the current RePhase, can that half-track be re-manned and re-armed with an available vehicle crew and LMG?
  12. Juzek

Steep Hills and Pillboxes

This question came up in a discussion of the new pocket ASLRB so I thought it made sense to post it here. In Steep Hills pillboxes are restricted to hexes with >=3 hex-sides with a lower base level than the pillbox hex (W1.37). Not questioning the rule, just curious what the reasoning is for...
  13. Juzek

KGP set up areas and escape

We have just finished the Dec. 19 Night scenario of KGP CG I, and control of the Sanatorium is in dispute. My Germans control 4 ground level locations, the Americans control 4 1st level locations and 1 hex with both locations. The image shows German strategic locations in blue, American ones in...
  14. Juzek

US M19A1 MGMC

Two questions about the US M19A1 MGMC AAht: The vehicle note in FW for this vehicle (14), in the 3rd paragraph, says the MA cannot fire through the VCA at targets "at a lower level" than the firer, and refers to MAVN "DD," which says that it cannot fire at targets "at the same or lower level"...
  15. Juzek

Anyone want old game boxes?

Is anyone interested in old ASL game boxes? Free, just cover the shipping costs. They're taking up too much space and I have no plans for them, other than the recycling bin. None of these are "mint" condition but maybe someone has a use for them. All 1st edition: Beyond Valor, Paratrooper, West...
  16. Juzek

Stuff to give away

I have empty game boxes, old mounted maps, a pretty beat up 1st Ed RB and some old TPP magazines I'm thinking about disposing of, but maybe there's someone on GS that might have a use for them. I'd be willing to give them away for the cost of shipping. Is that something that goes in the Emporium...
  17. Juzek

Minefield Clearance

2 squads and leader attempt to clear an AP minefield and roll 12. B24.74 says that a DR of 12 results in Casualty Reduction vs the clearing unit(s). We played it that the the leader and both squads suffer CR, and CR is not determined by Random Selection. Is that correct?
  18. Juzek

VASL 6.6.1 preferences menu

I seem to be having more trouble with VASL than I've experienced before. In earlier versions I could go to File>Preferences>Personal and delete my password so when I went back to the map I would see it as my opponent would - concealed stacks showing only concealment counters and HIP units not...
  19. Juzek

"This Guy" feature not working.

I'm using VASL 6.6.1 on VASSAL 3.5.8, and the Ctrl-click feature to circle units on the map isn't working on my map. My opponent can see the circle on his map but when he Ctrl-clicks on his map I don't see it. I've re-installed VASL 6.6.1 in case I had a bad download but there's no change. I'm...
  20. Juzek

VASL 6.6.1 Save Game error

Can anyone explain why I get this error? It doesn't seem to happen all the time. Here's a screen shot of the error window. The details don't fit on the popup window so this is as much as I can capture. I'm using VASSAL 3.4.6 and VASL 6.6.1