Search results

1. ParaMarine

Is this really Squad Leader?

Rarely do you work with less than a half a company’s worth of fellows. Yes there is some micro-movement like with the allocation of SW, but in general the squads have their inherent automatic weapons and LMGs (if your army has them) are just extras on top of that unless you are Russian. MMGs...
  2. ParaMarine

Allied Minor Situations

Hey gang what’s crackin Anyone have some early war situations involving the Czechs? I’m talking 1938 what-ifs if the Germans have to go in hot. Besides that, I’m looking for a good scenario pack that involves more Slovakian units in the Barbarossa campaign.
  3. ParaMarine

Mission ideas

Mission: Infiltration Your force has been given the task of moving behind the enemy frontline under the cover of darkness. Your unit will receive support after you send the flare, so try to successfully link up after making it through the enemy’s line undetected. Special: 🎲roll for NVR...
  4. ParaMarine

One side doesn’t know they’re in a battle

I’ve seen a couple of scenarios that start like this. One involves a couple of hidden American units. In the Normandy campaign I think. It looks totally lopsided but it was surprising and great! Any other fight it would be a route, but the surprise effect on the Germans and the layout of the...
  5. ParaMarine

Soldiers of the regiment

Toniiiiiiiight is the niiiiiiiiight of nights… 😦😳
  6. ParaMarine

Resilient units - higher standards

Speaking about the ETO, the common cliche from memoirs and histories is how veterans (more like lucky survivors to hear them tell it) would ignore replacements because they didn’t want to get attached to someone who would soon be dead. Having had kin who fought and died in the war long before...
  7. ParaMarine

Do you kindle a bunch?

What do you think. If wind is blowing and it’s not moist conditions, how likely are you to start a fire?
  8. ParaMarine

Nature is healing

For the first time in almost 80 years the Army does something sensible and ditches the bus driver suit in favor of the real true uniform they never should have gotten rid of in the first place. Now army uniforms are the nude kat’s pyjamas
  9. ParaMarine

Armored Variant

Has anyone put together a set of rules for playing a tank company in SASL? I would be interested in trying it out. Something that gives you between four and ten vehicles would rock. But the question is, what to do for infantry support, and what kinds of new missions to add or how to modify...
  10. ParaMarine

I have never tried…

Post rules you know of but haven’t ever had to do. for me: Deliberate immobilization (such a small chance of it working) Scaling (haven’t seen the situation yet that needed it)
  11. ParaMarine

Forgotten War counters expanded into regular ASL

? Korean War module arrived. Sadly I need the extra counter space more than ever. RAACO is too hard to find, or at least the right ones are hard to find. Anyway, what news is there of any scenarios making use of them? I haven't played in two years now so I know nothing about scenarios...
  12. ParaMarine

Long War (1940-1948) scenarios

Alright what are your thoughts on doing some scenarios based off of hypothetical scenarios? I'm thinking of using the Red Gambit books as a starting point but I'm more interested in making scenarios to go along with some strategic level games I've played like Europa. My thought is to go ahead...
  13. ParaMarine

Who plays DYO?

I went through the rules for this yesterday and it's really easy. It was a lot easier than teaching myself SASL, for sure. I don't know if there is a stigma against it or something, but nobody ever talks about it and I haven't seen anyone but myself my converts playing it. It's a lot of fun...
  14. ParaMarine

Lost Kubrick Napoleon film - to be revived as TV Series by Spielberg

This is all over anything about Spielberg these days. I hope it ends up being true. I don't know if this is going to be like his WW2 shows, where a new director gets each episode. In any case, Kubrick is dead and there isn't going to be another. :hush:
  15. ParaMarine

You know who is too often shat on in movies?...Ninjas, that's who!

If it's not obvious yet, I have a lot of interest in anything Japanese. Well, traditional Japanese anyway. I don't like most anime or their weird pop culture. They did have a badass and very thorough martial code at one time, plus a tendency to absorb and improve upon foreign technology...
  16. ParaMarine

Am I the only person in the world who liked Timeline?

A few years ago I heard that this was a financial and critical failure. I don't know why people didn't like this movie. Normally movies that have lots of action - but aren't over the top with gore - do well. The entire audience I saw it with seemed to like it and both of us who went thought...