Search results

1. ParaMarine

MMP listed Solitaire ASL reprint for 2023

Maybe they can break it into two parts. One for standard WW2 stuff including the armies they left out, and another for all the adjacent stuff: Spanish Civil War, Korea upcoming Nakbah game, and presumably an upcoming Indochine game too.
  2. ParaMarine

Favorite Mission(s)?

I really do like them all and although I sometimes pick certain scenarios to go with my campaign narrative, I wouldn’t ignore any of them. I do ignore the naval assault ones for now. I need to get them learned and I probably will eventually. Maybe a Black Sea landing I’ll do.
  3. ParaMarine

Meaning of Le Franc Tireur

It’s a big thing in the 1870-71 occupation and a big impetus to a lot of things that the French Army had overlooked for a long time. Basically that took up the slack where the bureaucracy failed. Frankreich always is somewhere in this cycle. They vacillate between weakness and the strongest...
  4. ParaMarine

Is this really Squad Leader?

A pretty good point. I have some thoughts on the nature of a real working unit, and how extreme the difference is in a functional team and one that is just a buncha cannon fodder thrown together. It’s easy to simulate in a naval game, but it gets somewhat lost down at the Squad level. SASL...
  5. ParaMarine

Just starting in ASL, would love to learn with another player or be taught by a veteran.

Yeah right you’re cruising we know it stop being coy
  6. ParaMarine

Just starting in ASL, would love to learn with another player or be taught by a veteran.

Idk whatever happened to the local clubs page because I found plenty of people in a city near me. Played many games. Had many fun times. Went even to tournaments later on. Learned to crush skullz.
  7. ParaMarine

Contested Lands (1948 Arab Israeli) module

Another thing to consider. We haven’t yet seen the eastern med really done in ASL. I guess maybe there are some bizarro scenarios I haven’t played with the 1941 campaign but even as mostly an eastern front appreciator, I have come to enjoy the oddball stuff like Souljas of the Negus. I don’t...
  8. ParaMarine

AI-generated ASL geoboards?

I’m always looking to expand this both for DYO/army bidding and buying as well as for SASL scenarios. Truly what I want to see is something that calculates overlays too. Now is it hard to do this ordinarily? No I don’t think so. You just need a dr (let’s say 1-2) to see if you use...
  9. ParaMarine

I still haven’t even tried the searchlight special rules from KWASL although I have used the hill boards. I also probably should have used the new Rangers in a DYO or solitaire. I don’t know what new rules this module will have but eventually I’m going to use it in some form. I actually...
  10. ParaMarine

I don’t mind it being core. You can always use the new guys to represent something not yet covered in the main game.
  11. ParaMarine

I agree. From the 30’s to the 50’s is where it ought to stay. Tbh there’s not even any difference at all with a lot of weapons on ten years either side of the war as much as there is within the war.
  12. ParaMarine

MARINES! At Gitmo!

Yeah just find someone who was in Security Forces because I promise you they will give you all the detail you want and then never shut up about their service in Cuba
  13. ParaMarine

Finn Project

I support BFP. Quality games.
  14. ParaMarine

Elite Tiger crews:

I guess you could also have some specially made higher level crew counters but how often are you going to use them or even do you want to use them? Do we have scenarios that represent a surprise attack on a tank park where the crews have to get to their tanks? I guess that could be fun.
  15. ParaMarine

Finn Project

Hey I’m happy to see BFP working on releasing anything but I have a question. Sorry I don’t know this already: Is the plan for this and future modules to have new sets of Geo boards?
  16. ParaMarine

I was watching a 1930 movie last night called The Big House

Everyone always deep down knew and they still know how tonks are needed in war as an ultimate equalizer.
  17. ParaMarine

Need to figure out what the squad level designation is for Japan and Chinese.
  18. ParaMarine

Panzer Leader makes me think of generic combined arms games. Not a bad thing really. Squad leader is sort of a generic infantry fight on euro terrain, for the most part. Sometimes dressing it up with other wacky things is okay.
  19. ParaMarine

Elite Tiger crews:

Tbh special ammo rules have always been wrongful to me. A check is a free shot and I don’t like it.
  20. ParaMarine

Design Musings

The exit VPs may have their place in ASL but in anything above this scale I never want to see them