Search results

1. Corporal Kindel

2-8 LMG in FW

What MG is represented by the 2-8 LMG used by US and UN forces in FW?
  2. Corporal Kindel

The worst shark attack in history was in WWII

According to this blog .. https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-most-common-cause-of-human-death-in-history They guesstimated that 108.4 billion humans have ever lived between 50,000 BC and 2017 AD. Most deaths were caused by infectious diseases by a wide margin. They speculate that tuberculosis...
  3. Corporal Kindel

German pioneer company/squad TOE organization

I stumbled on this link the other day. It doesn't provide anything about pioneers, but gives a wealth of info about company, platoon, squad, and equipment organizations for many unit types of most WW2 nations. https://www.quartermastersection.com/german/
  4. Corporal Kindel

Red Army Shtraftbat TOE

Hello: I've been websurfing again & stumbled upon this ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shtrafbat .. Soviet "Penal troops." So these would probably be represented by 426 conscripts (though I could be wrong?). However, the search for any kind of TOE below the company level is coming up...
  5. Corporal Kindel

Several of those Kstns that I read through the other day were panzer/motorized. I noticed that they also listed "drivers" and vehicles as part of the inherent squad/truppe (a halftrack or truck, in addition to the extra LMG). Seems to me, the extra LMG was probably vehicle mounted (presumably)...
  6. Corporal Kindel

Again, thx very much for the replies! Just spent pretty much the whole morning reading through the links & trying to draw some conclusions. How time flies! I also stumbled upon this thread which I found very interesting ...
  7. Corporal Kindel

The worst shark attack in history was in WWII

.. Saw some sharks at the aquarium :)
  8. Corporal Kindel

Thanks a lot for the quick replies & links. I'll get to reading them as soon as I get some extra time.
  9. Corporal Kindel

I was web surfing for the hell of it and came across this ... https://www.feldgrau.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17186 ... I've always been under the impression that German Pioneers were SMG heavy (aka. the 838 squad, similar to Russian SMG squads). But, according to the referenced post (not sure...
  10. Corporal Kindel

Rare & OOP ASL gear posted on eBay ending sunday 5/13/18

Hello Everyone: Haven't been to this site in quite some time! I am trying to raise some cash & so am I am, regrettably, letting some of my very rare OOP TPP ASL gear go. Some of the items are: the three early Waffen SS packs from HOB, HOB Tarawa module (the original version), HOB King of the...
  11. Corporal Kindel

Stars in shadow new 4x strategy game

Hello fellow gamers: I recently purchased this 4x space strategy game (similar to masters of orion). It's been out a little less than a year & I love it! I created my very first gameplay & tutorial video using OBS (open broadcasting software) & adobe premiere pro to edit. I'm playing hard with...
  12. Corporal Kindel

History Channel's The World Wars

I noticed some serious errors: they noted the size of the German army invading france in '40 as 8 million, really??? I seem to remember 1.8 million (though I cannot remember the source from among all the WW2 books I've read over my lifetime). Also, they noted the reason for Japan invading the...
  13. Corporal Kindel

What boardgames have you played recently?

Still enjoying the hell out've dominions 4, well worth $35 http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions
  14. Corporal Kindel

I don't have a problem with bugs generally, they have an important place in the environment ... I just hate when bugs feel that their environment has now become the house (my environment). ... I have this one horrendous story about a roach, about 8 years ago. I usually keep a glass of sprite or...
  15. Corporal Kindel

I've been playing Dominions 3 on my spare time, a very good indie fantasy strategy game (conquer provinces with mideaval-era armies to get more money, more resources, more gemstones which are used for magic), have to conduct research to unlock more powerful spells for your mages (you can kind of...
  16. Corporal Kindel

Star Trek 2: Into the Darkness :thumup:

They probably wanted to start from a blank slate. I mean, there are entire star trek cannons where virtually every incident involving star trek has been mapped out already in time-line. I picked up one of the star trek encyclopedias at a discount some years back. An entirely new timeline means...
  17. Corporal Kindel

Family fantasy football league, questions

People in my family are huge sports fans. I recently was invited to participate in the upcoming season (2013/2014); The draft is to start around august IIRC. There's 10 people in this league including my brother, 3 nephews, 1 niece, a few other people who are friends of my nephews. In this...
  18. Corporal Kindel

C'mon Ladies, one pound fish, hava hava look, one pound fish !

Just saw this on CNN, cracked me up :laugh: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETSl8gWsFZ0
  19. Corporal Kindel

'Spartacus' star Whitfield dies of lymphoma at 39

Wow, I was wondering why his character suddenly changed between season 1 and season 2. I didn't know that he died. He did a great job in the blood & sand season 1. I'm sorry to hear that he died, way too young. He did a very good acting job on the show. If you like season 1 you'll like season...
  20. Corporal Kindel

What "Scary" film do you like?

There's so many great scary movies, hard to name them all. I prefer well made scary movies with good acting: Aliens Wrong Turn The Descent The Thing Drag me to Hell The Ring Blair Witch Project The Shining Halloween The Mist Hellraiser Sixth Sense Rec Evil Dead II and I Zombies (anything Lucio...