Search results

1. B

ASL Scandinavian Open 2024, February 28 - March 3 2024

Scandinavian Open 2024 has been completed A couple of hours ago the 2024 Edition of Scandinavian Open was completed. Another enjoyable event held is a positive atmosphere and with plenty of great gaming. Once again we could crown a FIRST TIME ASO WINNER – SVANTE SANDBLOM. Svante played against...
  2. B

ASO 2024 UNDER WAY ASO 2024 is officially under way. The Tournament Directors have set up their defenses awaiting the onslaught of Beserking participants :-). We'll top 40 players again this year with a wide variety of natonalities. With more than 24 hours to go before the tournament actually...
  3. B

All the information above can be found at our revamped website (thanks Øyvind for the assistance on that project) http://asl-so.dk/aslso/ Information Updated at the website: Scenarios and corrected SSR's (website information is the official information) 37 registered players When and where...
  4. B

Thanks for the input. I guess. You dont really need to try and dissuade people from going to Copenhagen. I think people can make up their own mind. Personally I think the food has been quite good 2 of the 3 years we've been there. There was one year where it was kind of "meh", but the other...
  5. B

The preparations for the 2024 Edition of the Scandinavian Open are under way – and the first players have already stated their intention to participate. The tournament will again be held at Danhostel Ishøj, the location that served us so well since 2021. Book your flights early - we've been told...
  6. B

ASL Scandinavian Open, March 1-5 2023

ASO 2023 COMPLETED (UPDATED WITH APOLOGY) The ASO crew would like to extend our apologies to ADVANCING FIRE who also contributed as a sponsor to this years Tournament. They generously donated the historic "Prokhorovka" module and two "Tournament Directors Scenario Pack" which were both used in...
  7. B

ASO 2023 COMPLETED The 26th Edition of Scandinavian Open has been completed. 45 players participated in some fashion – by playing in the main tournament, mini tournament or just a couple of friendly games. The crowd included several first timers to the tournament – Brian Wiersma from the United...
  8. B

The ASO 2023 Final is well underway. In less than 3 hours we will know who to crown as Champion. Olav Heie is trying to avoid being speared by Mathias Bergwall in "Brittany Speared".
  9. B

With 3 rounds in the books Scandinavian Open once again can prepare to annoint a first time champion. In a diceroll heard around the World the two presumptive favorites to win the tournament - Mike McGrath and Michael Hastrup-Leth both failed to win their second round game. Mike's defenses in...
  10. B

SCANDINAVIAN OPEN 2023 is well under way with friendly gaming wednesday and thursday and preparations for the Main Tournament. 15 players arrived to play friendly games on wednesday and an additional 4 players arrived to pay friendly games on thursday. This is record-breaking number of players...
  11. B

SPONSOR SHOUTOUT Scandinavian Open would like to acknowledge our Sponsors for 2023. Our sponsors helps us award prizes to the participants of the tournament. We award prizes for – The winner, Runner up, Top-10 places, Mini Tournament Winners, Newcomers and anyone else we see fit to award prizes...
  12. B

There has been a few issues with that. I think it is a "security" thing. I still access the pages, no problem though. You can try different browsers and/or deleting cookies. We do indeed have special rules on OBA and Snap shots. I hope we can have a better description on one or two of these...
  13. B

The PDF Scenario Pack for ASO 2023 is now ready to be sent out. Participants can email me if they need the pack and I will send it to them in short order. Email me at: bo.siemsen@gmail.com It is highly likely that there will be further ASO SSR's (minor scenario adjustments) to a couple of...
  14. B

Albany Tournament December 1st-4th All TD Communications Here

We should set up a live video stream from tournament finals. Wouldnt that be something. I mean, how hard can it be. Also, Michael's style is " very very good" 🎖
  15. B

The Scenario list for ASO 2023 is ready. PDF's will be made available after our Albany Adventure ends /Bo and Michael 1st round, early start HazMo6 "Great Vengeance" - German 7/ British 8 135 "Acts of Defiance" - German 153/ Russian 214 J121 "Schloss Hemingstein" German 27/ American 36 * ASO...
  16. B

ALBANY HAS A NEW HOME!

The ASO Crew of Michael Hastrup-Leth and myself will be returning to Albany this year. Tickets booked.
  17. B

The preparations for the 2023 Edition of the Scandinavian Open are under way – and the first players have already stated their intention to participate. The tournament will again be held at Danhostel Ishøj, the location that served us so well in 2021 and 2022. Book your flights early - we've...
  18. B

#63: Toby Pilling Interview

Interesting little Podcast you guys got 👍 First time watching ... on advice from your interviewee @Toby Pilling ... And thanks to Toby for all the kind words on our Copenhagen Tournament - and the games we've had through the years. Katushya's Embrace in 2019? was a blast !
  19. B

Scandinavian Open 2022 (March 4-6 2022) - 25th Edition

ASO 2022 COMPLETED The 25th Edition of Scandinavian Open has been completed. 36 players participated in some fashion – by playing in the main tournament, mini tournament or just a couple of friendly games. Thanks to all the participants and Sponsors. Extra shoutout to Andreas Carlsson, Juan...
  20. B

Scandinavian Open 2022 (March 4-6 2022) - 25th Edition

We are down to the final 2 undefeated players. Multi-time winner Melvin Falk will play first-time finalist Mattias Bergwall. Mattias' and his Australian "Sparrow Force" will attempt to capture the all important huts from the invading japanese forces. The International Team Tournament (Team...