Search results

1. SSlunt

Bypass and Fortified Buildings

This came up in a game recently An American squad decides to bypass a stack of German ? sitting in a building The Germans elect to remove the top concealment and exposes a full Good order squad that then fires at the American unit with TPBF So far so good. The Fire pins the American squad -...
  2. SSlunt

A to Q on Armoured Assault

Relates to previous thread Assuming – Leader and a squad are passenger in a German 16MP HT - – A walking German MMC using armoured Assault is the hex with the HT The leader can use is Leadership movement bonus to assist the Armoured assaulting MMC The armoured assaulting MMC declares Double...
  3. SSlunt

New one on me Ldr in hex with enemy tank and Infantry Over run

An American fearless leader goes into close combat with a German tank with SN. The leader fails its kill and the SN breaks the leader - all standard stuff During the German movement Phase can a German MMC go into the hex and declare a Infantry overrun thus forcing the leader to leave or engage...
  4. SSlunt

VASL Tourney : a problem

So this happened in round 6 of the eASLOpen At the start of Round 6 of eASLOpen, I contacted my opponent Jeff Wirthlin. We talked a bit and I explained that I would need to play a fairly small and fast scenario because I could not play on the weekend as I was hosting an ASL tournament in...
  5. SSlunt

one CX Unit in a Fire Group + another unit that is encircled

I know it is out there but I have not been able to find it. If you have a multi hex fire group with multi groups that are CX do you add +1 for each unit that is CX? And if you have as part of that fire group a unit that is NOT cx but encircled do you need to add an additional +1 Or is it +1...
  6. SSlunt

Hex / Location / Building Control

Assuming that there are no hip units or defending units in a multi hex building. If during play the attacker moves into the multi hex building does it now have control of The building and all the hexes and all of the location within the building or does it just have control of the Building and...
  7. SSlunt

2023 Advanced Squad Leader Alberta Assault!

Get ready for the 2023 Advanced Squad Leader Alberta Assault! The weekend of May 6 and 7, 2023 has been reserved for ASL players of all levels to gather at the Mount Royal University Faculty Center for a weekend of ASL fun and games. The non-elimination Round Robin Tournament will kick off...
  8. SSlunt

Carrier Question SP22

Looking at "Tod's Last Stand" SP22 a single British Carrier B is provided. There is no 1/2 squad/crew provided just SMC's and 6 squads. There is no SSR that talks about the Carrier or a infantry crew. In this case must the British deploy a squad to have a 1/2 squad to man said Carrier B?
  9. SSlunt

Is a Dismantled SW Good Order?

Victory conditions say: The Australians win at game end if they have >=1 Good Order SW with a LOS (disregarding Smoke) to the road segment. Question: If you have a dismantled mortar with a LOS to the road segment is it considered Good Order
  10. SSlunt

DASH -

#1 is not legal. #2-5 are legal. #6 is not legal no matter where the road ends. ....Perry MMP On May 4, 2022, at 11:58 PM, S. Slunt <srslunt@shaw.ca> wrote: 4.63 Dash When a unit declare a DASH - must the unit dash across the hex with the road depiction (whether the...
  11. SSlunt

Dash -

#1 is not legal. #2-5 are legal. #6 is not legal no matter where the road ends. ....Perry MMP Dash 1 Dash 2 (Yes) Dash 3 Dash 4 Dash 5 Dash 6 - what if the road ended in CC8
  12. SSlunt

A7.4 & A11.15

Pulled from the Q&A A7.4 & A11.15 A British 3-3-8 is locked in OG in melee with a CE, stopped German AFV. In Prep fire, German infantry fire into the melee, getting a 6 on the 8 FP column. The halfsquad clearly undergoes a 1MC. Does the German crew undergo an NMC? In other words, is a unit which...
  13. SSlunt

A11.8 What does this mean?

A11.8.... Any vehicle in stationary Bypass or using VBM is also subject to Street Fighting rules from any Infantry in the Bypassed obstacle of their hex. Assume all other requirements for Street Fighting apply If your Vehicle is in Motion while in bypass. Then during your opponents Advance...
  14. SSlunt

A11.8 What is the meaning of this

A11.8.... Any vehicle in stationary Bypass or using VBM is also subject to Street Fighting rules from any Infantry in the Bypassed obstacle of their hex. Assume all other requirements for Street Fighting apply If your Vehicle is in Motion while in bypass. Then during your opponents Advance...
  15. SSlunt

Road Bonus leaving Crest status

A unit in a crest status on a sunken road hex - goes out of crest status to the road and then moves along the road. Does he get to claim the road bonus - because units which cross only road hexsides throughout their MPh are entitled to one extra MF, Technically he only crosses road hex sides.
  16. SSlunt

E 9.42 Injuries to a half squad

E 9.43 Injuries says: A Stick that fails its NTC automatically Deploys into its component HS [EXC: If a Stick contains a SMC/crew, those units are revealed at this time with/in place of any component HS]; one HS (and perhaps any accompanying SMC, determined by Random Selection if necessary) is...
  17. SSlunt

Looking for an official ruling on Street Fighting

11.8 STREET FIGHTING: Any vehicle in a road hex and ADJACENT to a building hex on both sides of that road So Looking at the picture. Is the tank in CC7 subject to Street Fighting from a unit in DD7 or BB7? Is the tank in EE6 subject to Street fighting from a unit itn DD5 .
  18. SSlunt

A11.622 and Armored Leaders

How do you justify the following. In the list of Q&A - Letter 8 asks and answers Q.Do Armor Leader or Stun DRM apply to a sN attack? Do any other DRM apply to a sN attack? A. No to all. [Letter8] Yet the rule book States: 3.44 The leadership modifier of an Armor Leader can be used only to...
  19. SSlunt

Deep Frigid Stream and CX

Searched but could not find what I was looking for so turn to the Hive Mind for an consensus 20.43 DEEP: If a stream is deep, Infantry/Cavalry enter at a cost of four MF and become CX [EXC: broken/Berserk units] (A4.72 would apply to an advance entry)—regardless of whether the move is...
  20. SSlunt

I know it out there. but.. CC reaction with a unit that is first fired and modifiers

A German tank moves into bypass and STOPS against a french 1/2 squad and 8-1 leader that has First fired The question is what are the modifiers half squad = 3 leader = 1+1 = 2 (leader plus modifer) -1 street fighting +1 first fired Does the tank get +2 because it moved into this hex turn...