Search results

1. Uncle_Duke

TCASL 3/9/24-- THE LONG MARCH: China at War

Greetings all, Welcome to spring! Well, meteorological spring anyway. We'll have to wait a couple weeks yet for astronomy to catch up. Nitpicking over seasons aside, it's that time of the month again! Let's get together and push some counters around! Details: Day: 3/9/24 Time: 10:00am -...
  2. Uncle_Duke

TCASL 2/10/24-- Scenarios I Love

Greetings all, I'd say something about using ASL as an excuse to hide from the frigid Minnesota winter, but right now we're having winter only in the most technical sense. E3.7, and especially E3.74 are NOT in effect. Maybe come play ASL to avoid mowing your lawn or weeding your garden...
  3. Uncle_Duke

TCASL 1/13/24-- ACTION PACKS!

Greetings all, Welcome to 2024! I hope everyone's year is off to a good start. TCASL will be ringing in the new year in our typical fashion-- our monthly meetup at the Roseville Library board room. Details: Day: 1/13/24 Time: 10:00am - 4:45pm Location: Ramsey County Library Roseville 2180...
  4. Uncle_Duke

TCASL 12/9/23-- Saber and Spurs

Greetings all, As we close out 2023, we find ourselves back on our usual day at our usual location. I hope you all have had a wonderful year, both in and out of the ASL scene. Here's to an excellent 2024 for all of us. With luck, I'll be able to attend more than two thirds of meetups...
  5. Uncle_Duke

TCASL 11/12/23-- Over the River and Through the Woods [VENUE FOUND, READ CAREFULLY!]

Greetings all, Remember to set your clocks back? Good! Wouldn't want you to have to wait around an hour for ASL to start.... Bad news first: I have not been able to find a venue. The libraries are closed because of Veterans' Day, the game shops I've talked to are busy with a Magic...
  6. Uncle_Duke

TCASL 10/14/23-- Halloween Horror Show Mk.4: CAVES

Greetings all, It's that time again, folks! Break out the maps and counters, and let's play some ASL! Be advised, we're starting at 11:30am this time. I was a little late to the party trying to reserve the room, so I wasn't able to get it for the entire day. In positive news, I'll actually...
  7. Uncle_Duke

TCASL 9/9/23-- OPERATION AVALANCHE

Greetings all, The State Fair's over and Labor Day has passed, so I guess that means we're starting into fall, never mind that the equinox is still a couple weeks out and the thermometer as I write this reads 81F. It also means that we're almost to a TCASL meetup! Pay close attention to the...
  8. Uncle_Duke

GD1 "La Guerre Finie!"

At the most recent TCASL meetup, @ASL_nut and I finally went head to head. Continuing the Grossdeutchland theme, we played GD 1 "La Guerre Finie!" As @ASL_nut is still learing the AFV rules, we gave him the French, and with them an AMD 35 armored car and an H35 tank. There are a couple of...
  9. Uncle_Duke

TCASL 8/12/23-- TWO IF BY SEA

Greetings all, Miracle of miracles! It's a TCASL weekend, and in a break with unfortunate recent tradition, I can actually be there for the duration! I don't know about any of you, but I'm rather looking forward to it. Details: Day: 8/12/23 Time: 10:00am - 4:30pm Location: Ramsey County...
  10. Uncle_Duke

TCASL 7/8/23-- OPERATION CITADEL

Greetings all, I can't believe we're through June already. If time flies when you're having fun, then the TCASL meetup on July 8 ought to go by in the blink of an eye! I won't be attending (instead, I'll be at the Hyatt Regency in downtown Minneapolis helping run CONvergence), but starting in...
  11. Uncle_Duke

TCASL 6/10/23-- STREET FIGHTING MEN

Greetings all, Summer's here, and the time is right for fighting in the street! Sleepy London town may be no place for a street fighting man, but cities like Aachen and Arnhem, Shanghai and Stalingrad provide more than sufficient opportunity for serious cardboard warfare. Details: Day...
  12. Uncle_Duke

TCASL 5/13/23-- HEAVY METAL

Greetings all, It's that time again, folks! Dig out your counters, dust off your maps, and come on over to the Roseville library to play some ASL! I regret to say that I won't be able to make this one (insert grumbling about CONvergence meeting schedules here), but the room is reserved and...
  13. Uncle_Duke

TCASL 4/8/23-- TIN CANS

Greetings all, Time to pause the spring cleaning and come play some ASL! What's that you say? You haven't yet started your spring cleaning? Well, putting it off another week won't hurt, especially given the particularly tenuous definion of "spring" we seem to be having this year. Either...
  14. Uncle_Duke

TCASL 3/11/23-- ODDBALL ACTIONS

Greetings all, Spring is just around the corner! This being Minnesota, that corner is probably booby trapped and covered by fire. We must be cautious. In the meantime, we can take the edge off of incipient cabin fever gathering our ASL kits and venturing forth to the Roseville Library to get...
  15. Uncle_Duke

Themed Scenario List Ideas

Hey Folks! For the last several years, I have put together themed scenario lists for the Twin Cities ASL meetups. These have ranged from the purely historical (e.g. Operation OVERLORD), to the source based (Best of the Annuals), to the whimsical (e.g. Halloween Horror Show 3.0: Things That Go...
  16. Uncle_Duke

ASL 126 Commando Schenke AAR

Last week, Stephen and I picked up ASL 126 "Commando Schenke" at the monthly Twin Cities ASL meetup. This is one of my go-to introductory scenarios as the rules overhead is minimal (not much Chapter B, and nothing from Chapter C or later) and the attackers get some fun toys in the form of a...
  17. Uncle_Duke

TCASL 2/11/23-- BEST OF THE ANNUALS

Greetings all, With the coming of February, we know we've made it out of the darkest (if not necessarily the coldest) part of the winter. We're fortunate that while TCASL and the Super Bowl fall on the same weekend, they do not in fact fall on the same day. If they did, we'd have some tricky...
  18. Uncle_Duke

AP 153 Across the Rio Grande AAR

Two weeks ago, @Corwin and I got together at Dreamers' Vault Games in Minneapolis for the monthly TCASL meetup. In keeping with the Scandanavian theme, and because apparently I can't get enough of Board 62, we decided on AP 153 "Across the Rio Grande" from Action Pack 15: Swedish Volunteers...
  19. Uncle_Duke

TCASL 1/14/23-- SCANDANAVIAN SAVAGERY

Greetings all, 2023 already? I can't believe it! Time to get out the counters, dig through the scenario library, and play what might for some of us still be the first game of the new year. This month, we will be at Dreamer's Vault Games, in South Minneapolis. Details: Day: 1/14/23 Time...
  20. Uncle_Duke

TCASL 12/10/22-- OTHER WARS

Greetings all, I can't believe we're already bringing 2022 to a close. What better way to wrap it up than to spend a day playing ASL? I really liked what I saw of the Board Room at the Roseville Library (thanks to all who suggested looking at libraries last month!), and this time I was able...