Search results

1. Nexus6

Game of Thrones is so overrated

Came across a post on Rant Lifestyle by Willis Patenaude about why he hates Game of Thrones, and felt moved to paraphrase it here. Couldn't have said it better myself. He nailed all the things that have troubled me for some time about this show: 1) Books overrated too - Verbose...
  2. Nexus6

Europa Report

Could have sworn there was already a thread for this movie, but I guess not. Anyway, just saw it and enjoyed it quite a lot. It's nice to see an intelligent and plausible science fiction film where the ship is not the size of a city block and doesn't use technology indistinguishable from...
  3. Nexus6

IMDB Overrated Movies List

I accidentally stumbled across this overrated movies list when browsing IMDB the other day and felt it worth posting here. It is a short but very entertaining read. http://www.imdb.com/list/nvf9yQVhEHM/ My comments on some of his: Full Metal Jacket - I love this movie and I love Stanley...
  4. Nexus6

I don't know guys......

I tried it for about an hour or so this afternoon, and after getting so excited at the end of the tutorial level, I feel like at the moment the game is just not doing it for me. I think there are two issues. First of all, thus far the quests have not even been remotely challenging. I mean, in...
  5. Nexus6

Steven Moffat/Matt Smith Doctor Who

I could have sworn there was a Doctor Who thread here, but I'll be damned if I can find it. ;) Anyway, for the longest time I was not thrilled with where new head writer Steven Moffat was taking the show. In fact I never thought I would say that I miss the old head writer Russell T. Davies...
  6. Nexus6

Pitch Black

I'm a huge science fiction fan, and one movie I somehow missed this past decade was the Australian film 'Pitch Black'. Finally got it from Netflix thinking it would be a good October/Halloween movie, and I was actually rather impressed. It's an Alien clone to be sure, but a good one. Also...
  7. Nexus6

The best I can say about EvE is that I tried.

Having become pretty well bored with Star Trek Online, two weeks ago I gave EvE a try, and I'm sorry to say that I absolutely hated it. Being a serious gaming and scifi fan, I wanted to love this game, I really did. After all, unlike STO, in EvE you can actually experience the rise and fall of...