Search results

1. O

ftf in Houston area

Trying to get back into ASL and looking for some ftf games in the Houston area. Willing to travel. Dan V
  2. O

Houston area player looking for Pacific Theater PBEM

I am trying to learn the Japanese and would like to start with a few city scenarios to get the hang of the Japanese before heading out into the jungle. Thanks, Dan V
  3. O

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

WO30 As Luck Would Have It (ROAR German 25 British 20). Lost as the British. Germans have to get 8VP more than the British,12VP for Building Control and 27VP for exiting Infantry off the north edge so a possibility of 39VP in total, the British can get 4VP for destroying AFV's. The British have...
  4. O

Setup and inspecting stacks

Thanks, we had messed up the HD counter placement. That would have solved the problem.
  5. O

Setup and inspecting stacks

During a recent game of AP40 The Head of the Mace the Defender's vehicles were automatically given HD status. As the Attacker could I have look under the HD counters to see which AFV's are where? I did not at the time but afterwards wondered if it was allowed? Thanks, Dan V
  6. O

ASL 12 Confusion Reigns (ROAR has Americans 108 to Germans 79). The Germans have limited mobility in this one. Can move squads equal to the turn number plus a squad for every GO Leader and anyone stacked with a Leader (No stacking at setup). I decided that my best defense would be to kindle the...
  7. O

Played AP40 the Head of the Mace (ROAR has Polish 39/German 37). The Polish get to setup HD and in foxholes but have the possibility of their AFV becoming Immobilized in every hex that they enter due to fuel shortage. Both sides suffer from Ammunition Shortage but interestingly neither side has...
  8. O

I am available for a PBEM, do you have a scenario in mind?

I am available for a PBEM, do you have a scenario in mind?
  9. O

Looking for VASL game via email or live over skype

Jazz, Earlier in the day starting between 1 and 3 pm central time would work for me. My evenings are pretty full at the moment. Eye of the Tiger would be fine. Do you have a setup file? Side preference? Tuesday the 16th would be a good start day for me. Dan V
  10. O

Looking for VASL game via email or live over skype

Just playing ETO at the moment and do not care if game is balanced on ROAR. I usually do at least one file a day. Over Skype would be in afternoons Central Time. Thanks, Dan V
  11. O

Scenario w/Bocage

No I have not. I just had the same thing happen which is why I am looking also.
  12. O

Scenario w/Bocage

Thanks. I have that article but reading is not same as playing.
  13. O

Scenario w/Bocage

Looking for a PBEM game. Would like to play a scenario with Bocage as I have been avoiding it for too long. Thanks, Dan V
  14. O

FrF68 A Hasty Farewell - AAR

there is a VASL tutorial on youtube that shows how to combine log files.
  15. O

Depletion Numbers

If a Depletion Number only has one year listed is the special ammo available only for that year or is it available from that year until the end of the war? Thanks, Dan V
  16. O

HOB MC roll = Automatic MMC Rally?

it would not make sense to have lesser quality squads become unbroken and unpinned and then not have elite squads do the same.
  17. O

HOB MC roll = Automatic MMC Rally?

How does the HoB DR affect Rally? The DR of 2 that caused the HoB DR would determine Rally. See them bottom of A15.1 where it talks about the +1 DRM modifier for broken units applying even if the unit rallied as a result of the 2 DR which allowed the Heat of Battler DR.
  18. O

TX-6 Tough Enough Had the defending Germans and they were required to defend a bridge. Started with 10 Squads and an ATG against 20 Russian squads and 4x T34 M43. Russians get 4x IS-2's and 628's as reinforcements while the Germans get 2x Panthers and 2x PzIVH's. Both sides get to place a flame...
  19. O

SP72 One Tough Canuck Got slaughtered as the Canadians. One ATG took out a Tiger, Panther, 2x PzIVH, a SPW251/1, 9-1 leader and 2 squads. The rest of my force of 12 squads, 4 Shermans and 2x ATG could only kill a PzIVH and 3 squads. Germans just had too much of everything and the Canadians...
  20. O

5/8" Concealment

If I get extra concealment counters and have to setup an onboard gun I use a 1/2" and 2x 5/8" Concealments to form a dummy gun stack. My question is could I get all 5/8" counters and place them over real squads? Thanks, Dan V