Search results

1. Cult.44

Original Italian HL OB

Does anyone have a list or no where one is of the counters included in Hollow Legions for the Italians, both 1/2" and 5/8" ? I bought the Italian counters from Broken Ground and I want to distinguish the "official" ones from the extras. Not that I mind having the extras, I just want to know...
  2. Cult.44

Banzai and LOS

Q: A player declares a banzai charge and designates a target unit. When the LOS is checked, it is determined that there is no LOS to the target unit. What are the consequences for the Japanese units declared for the Banzai charge? Can they move normally as if no banzai charge had been declared...
  3. Cult.44

Banzai and LOS

A question came up this weekend at the ASL Open in Chicago. If I declare a banzai charge, then check my LOS and find I don't have LOS, can I still move the units I declared in the banzai as normal, or is their turn done? Knowledgeable folks at the tournament were split as to what should happen...
  4. Cult.44

THH or DC Hero and Assault Move

Situation: A Japanese squad with a DC has no line of sight to any enemy units. The squad assault moves into a jungle hex where it now has LOS to an enemy unit. Can it at that point create a DC hero? The situation came up in a playtest during a President's Day get-together. We determined that...
  5. Cult.44

Vehicular MGs and MA - CA Change Penalty and Fire in Different Phases

Here's a situation from yesterday's game with Curtis Brooks (FrF98 Amerikanskaya Suka): In my MPh, I drive a T-34/85 around and stop for a rear shot against one of Curtis' Panthers. Curtis changes the Panther's VCA and fires his bow MG with a +4 DRM for the spin (no effect). In the subsequent...
  6. Cult.44

Marines and Depletion Numbers

Are U.S. Marines considered elite for purposes of depletion numbers? I'm planning on playing J189 Buckley's Block with the redoubtable Curtis Brooks. I'm thinking that the American 37LL AT is going to have a canister depletion number of 11 (printed number of 7, +3 for PTO, +1 for elite Marines)...
  7. Cult.44

Armored Assault, HIP and WA

Situation: I've got a HIP Japanese squad in an orchard hex behind a wall. My opponent enters the hex over the wall with a squad, leader and a tank using armored assault. This is how we played it: -- My opponent's squad and leader are bumped but the tank enters the hex. -- My formerly HIP squad...
  8. Cult.44

FT100 Hajra Question

The scenario uses overlays RR7,8,11 & 12, but the SRs don't state what type of railroad. I assume it's either elevated or embankment but which one?
  9. Cult.44

SSR for building with tower section

Dusting off an old design, I'm trying different boards including the venerable board 22 (along with the not-so-venerable 79). I want the multi-hex building at 22G4 to have a tower section at H4 which would have a Level 2 location while the other hexes would only have Level 0 & 1 locations...
  10. Cult.44

Mark's ASL Open AAR

Fun time at the Open as usual. Definitely a nice relaxed atmosphere this year. This was my sixth and I went 3-3. In all but two years I've gone 3-3. One year I went 2-4 and the other 4-2, so I remain a perfect .500 over the period. Call me Mr. Median. 1. BFP-35 Mai Phu I played Magnus Rimvall...