Search results

1. Cult.44

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

It was a fun, tense game that I really enjoyed. Good dice, bad dice, regardless, Houlie's a tough nut to crack. Next time!
  2. Cult.44

TCASL 5/13/23-- HEAVY METAL

I'll be there!
  3. Cult.44

J197 Death On The French Coast

Regarding J203 Death at the Cement Plant --I've received a couple of PMs seeking clarification on the victory conditions. Some people were thinking the Germans had to get good-order units in the buildings behind the cement plant and clear the cement plant of good-order Russians. But they don't...
  4. Cult.44

Precision Dice

I remember, possibly earlier in this very thread, the inestimable Gary Fortenberry said he tracked the results of a pair dice used during games over thousands of rolls and found a high-side bias and a significant number of box-car results above expected. I asked him what his record was over the...
  5. Cult.44

That a was fun game, Craig! Houlie is an excellent and precise player so I'm always glad to be able to make it interesting. I thought the odds were in my favor when I went after the hanging Stug but it didn't work out. All in all, I should have been more conservative with my vehicles. But when I...
  6. Cult.44

ASL Journal 13 now available

Sorry, oversight on my part. Never occurred to me. I was imagining soldiers dying in bubbling vats of cement.
  7. Cult.44

TCASL 1/14/23-- SCANDANAVIAN SAVAGERY

Sadly, I'm not going to be able to make it this time around. I did like the library location last time.
  8. Cult.44

ASL Journal 13 now available

Got my copy, looks great. A lot of scenarios I'm eager to give a whirl. J203 Death at the Cement Plant looks especially good ;)
  9. Cult.44

TCASL 12/10/22-- OTHER WARS

@WAYCOOL is a young man and has only been at ASL for a couple of years but proved to be a capable opponent. HIs Russian tank coming in on T3 was poised to obliterate all of my tin-cans but a lucky MG shot on my part took it out. My Italian flame-thrower tank was able to break two key squads...
  10. Cult.44

TCASL 12/10/22-- OTHER WARS

I plan on being there.
  11. Cult.44

TCASL-- NO-GO NOVEMBER

Sorry no on showed. It does look like a nice space and probably quieter than Gamezenter.
  12. Cult.44

TCASL-- NO-GO NOVEMBER

Sorry I missed it. How did it go?
  13. Cult.44

TCASL 9/10/22-- STALINGRAD

Sadly, I again can't make it. :(
  14. Cult.44

TCASL 8/13/22-- OPERATION WATCHTOWER

I can't make it. I'll be out of town as well.
  15. Cult.44

Definitely ASL'ers in Omaha. I've met some via the Sioux City tournament. I can dig up a couple of email addresses.
  16. Cult.44

Curtis is indeed a good guy, despite living in Wisconsin!
  17. Cult.44

TCASL 7/9/22-- FRANCE AT WAR

I won't be able to make it. I hope folks have fun.
  18. Cult.44

Maybe it's time for Competitive Tournaments

I would say knowing the rules is a significant part of being a skilled player.