Search results

1. DougRim

Auto-Reveal HIP Fortifications

I would be shocked if it did. Remember, it is a LOS between 1 moving unit/stack and each of the HIPped fortifications on the map. Even if you had 100 such counters, the LOS engine wouldn't flinch. Try dragging your mouse the hell all over a map while drawing a los string. Each time you move the...
  2. DougRim

Auto-Reveal HIP Fortifications

VASL6.6.9 (eta November 24) will be a feature version. One of the enhancements I have in mind is an "auto-reveal" function for HIP Fortifications. I have the basic mechanics in place and we will be able to test drive it in VASL-6.6.9-beta1.vmod this spring. Before going further with it, I would...
  3. DougRim

VASL won't load a map

Remove the .dat from your board file. You want the name to be bdXXX. No .dat, no .zip, no nothing. If the file he sent you has no .dat, make sure you removed your file with the .data from the directory. Make sure that your board directory (set in preferences) is pointing to the place where you...
  4. DougRim

Chat window text lines

Yes. But. I like preferences because they allow each of us to customize. But too much of a good thing is not a better thing. But I think you are probably right.
  5. DougRim

Chat window text lines

Understood. Adding the line numbers was about two lines of code. Very simple to do. I anticipated that it would raise issues but felt that the easiest way to find them was to go with the quick-and-dirty implementation and then see what needs to be done to improve. I suspect that one area of...
  6. DougRim

VASL-6.6.8 is released

Thanks for spotting this George. It is a bug in 668. If the HS counters are pulled directly from the counter palette, they are going to have an (incorrect) CVP value of 2. If they begin life as a squad counter and are then reduced to a HS and then sent to the Cas Bin they will have a correct CVP...
  7. DougRim

Chat window text lines

Good point So, for those following at home, using File-> Preferences -> Chat Window (1) you can change whether you see dice images or just the numbers. (2) you can change the colour of the coloured die if you use dice images (3) you can change the type of information that displays after the...
  8. DougRim

Chat window text lines

No. You can't turn off the line numbers. It has nothing to do with statistics. It simply allows you to, in flagrante delicto, say to your opponent, "hey in line XX, we missed .....". It is a sexual aid reference tool. Yours is the first complaint. If I don't get lots more, then I will leave...
  9. DougRim

VASL-6.6.8 is released

Note to self: remove Hollow Legions extension from VASL.info in July.
  10. DougRim

New VASL Extension - BoardZoomer.vmdx

I would prefer Snap Points in Hex Single Multiple
  11. DougRim

Click on the dropdown in the BoardZoomer button. You will see a set of options appear. At the bottom of the list will be Snap 1 and Snap 2.
  12. DougRim

Especially if you are using the Hideable perimeter lines, you can show them at 100% and hide them at any other zoom level during play.
  13. DougRim

Movement Trail feature in 6.6.8

My tests show the same thing. There is a thread for BoardZoomer on GS; I suggest you cross post there to alert the creator of the extension. Using the normal VASSAL zoom buttons does not disrupt the movement trail - at least in my tests.
  14. DougRim

Does the VotG VASL map not support LOS?

Classes available at reasonable rates. . . . seriously, if you are interested in learning how to make maps or any other aspect, happy to explore that with you.
  15. DougRim

Trouble downloading in automatic update function

At the boardpicker screen, click on the ‘Select’ button above the board list and make sure that the directory selected there matches the board directory that you set in preferences. A mismatch between the two could cause the errors you describe.
  16. DougRim

Not at all. I suspect it would be extremely popular. Unfortunately, it would be quite hard to do it. VASL uses the colour of pixels to determine the terrain type and elevation of any given pixel. We have a side app that runs boards through a program that takes each pixel colour, identifies...
  17. DougRim

No, it does not support LOS. The only HASL maps that do support LOS are RB, RO, Dinant, and Singling.
  18. DougRim

board 8 LOS error

I have fixed this - first change for VASL6.6.9! It was a good one to fix as the code bug applied to NoCliff terrain transforms across all boards.
  19. DougRim

VASL-6.6.8 is released

20. DougRim

VASSAL 3.7.9 Install Error

That should not have made a difference. I currently have 18 different versions of VASSAL on my PC. (Needed to find a particular VASL bug and haven't got around to cleaning them up). Vassal usually installs easy. Glad you are up and running.