Search results

1. gbartlett2001

Atlanta ASL Tourney - Spreading Blaze 2024 - Aug 1st thru Aug 4th 2024

Fort - No, the large TotR scenario is only mandatory for those who opt into the special TotR Round 1 on Thursday afternoon and win that round. Those players will play another large scenario on Friday as their Round 2 game. Folks who are not interested in any of this will play two rounds on...
  2. gbartlett2001

Actually the mini for this will be a single round - where three players complete a single game. It’s a fairly large scenario so likely will take most of the day on Saturday.
  3. gbartlett2001

Face-to-face ASL play resumes in August at the premier ASL event in Atlanta. This year we will be returning to the beautiful Marriott Atlanta Northeast / Emory Area which is located just off Interstate 85 at Clairmont Road. We have a discounted room block available for $145 + taxes/fees...
  4. gbartlett2001

Manila questions

Thanks for the reply, we will adjust the IJA setup based upon your response. As to the US being inside the Intramuros so early in the game, here is more background. The Japanese (me) player didn’t defend the area North of the Passig River as it didn’t contain any Victory locations and the...
  5. gbartlett2001

Manila questions

Our group is having a great time playing CG V from Sword and FIre but we are looking for clarification related to IJA units that can setup inside the Intramuros on Turn 3 in CG V. The reinforcement chart for the Japanese has note "a" which says that there is an increased cost of one CPP for...
  6. gbartlett2001

Tussle in the Tundra 2023 - August 10-13; Manchester NH USA

Had a great time playing ASL with both old and new friends this past weekend in Manchester NH. Chuck did a great job organizing the event and Mark Evans was a great tournament director. I went 3-2 in tournament play and also played a fun play test on the open play game date. Thanks to all my...
  7. gbartlett2001

On my way and looking forward to some ASL gaming with the New England crew.
  8. gbartlett2001

Spreading Blaze 2023 - August 4th thru 6th

Mini tournament winners from Spreading Blaze 2023 Zach Zimmerman Sean Deller Tom Arnold Eric Shipley
  9. gbartlett2001

Final Results from Spreading Blaze 2023 Paul Sidhu wins the tourney with the Japanese in DTF 3 True Grit besting Tate Rogers Dutch forces. Tate is the Runner Up
  10. gbartlett2001

Open play at Spreading Blaze 2023.
  11. gbartlett2001

sounds good, was great to see you last weekend in St Louis.
  12. gbartlett2001

St Louis ASL Tournament - July 28-30, 2023

Had a great time playing ASL in St Louis this past weekend. Congratulations to the winners and big thanks to Jim for organizing and running this event. I played six games, almost all of them against people that I have never had a chance to compete against in the past. They were all very...
  13. gbartlett2001

You are correct. The note in the scenario list for the tournament is incorrect. Also Mountain Hunters has been updated as ASL 221, we mistakenly noted the previous scenario ID.
  14. gbartlett2001

adding Lone Canuck Publishing to the list of sponsors. I had mistakenly left George’s generous contribution off the previous list. It’s tough getting old and relying upon one’s memory.
  15. gbartlett2001

Here is the Scenario List for Spreading Blaze 2023. Special thanks to my co-tourney director Brent Crawford for putting together the list. Brent does a great job with this every year and I appreciate his efforts.
  16. gbartlett2001

In just over 4 weeks, dice will begin falling as part of Spreading Blaze 2023 in Atlanta. There is still time for you to register, reserve a room at the hotel and join in on the fun (note the room block at the hotel will end on Friday, July 14th). I want to take this opportunity to thank all...
  17. gbartlett2001

you can send me the registration fee via PayPal with the friends option. My email is gary.a.bartlett@gmail.com Happy to have you join us in August.
  18. gbartlett2001

Bitter Ender 2023 April 13th-16th

Many thanks to Ray for running Bitter Ender this year. I was able to get five games in, with one victory. Enjoyed all five of the games against great guys, many of whom I have now played multiple times. Looking forward to St Louis in July.
  19. gbartlett2001

Manila questions

Playing CG5 and wondering about the American perimeter. The American player controls everything North of the Pasig River but does not control the Isla de Convalescencia nor the Isla Provisor. The American player also controls the eastern board edge and the southern board edge. Does this...
  20. gbartlett2001

Apologies, but I have decided to fly from Atlanta to New England and won't be making the drive. I have to be back in Atlanta for a family commitment and can't make a leisurely drive back. Again, sorry if this inconveniences you in any way.