Search results

1. Kenneth P. Katz

Onslaught to Orsha 2 Errata

The errata for Page 18, 7.5194 should really be for 7.5196, I would think.
  2. Kenneth P. Katz

A bit of a moral dilemma

Wars are horrible things. Sometimes there is a righteous cause that justified the horrible things. Wars are fascinating in a way that few other things are, because the stakes are so high that people must act in ways that are rarely required in normal life. There certainly is glory, brilliance...
  3. Kenneth P. Katz

Drive for St. Lo Scenario 5 - play balance?

I am playing DfSL Scenario 5 (the big full-map scenario). It's a great way to get a feel for the challenge of fighting in the bocage but I can't see how the Americans can possibly win. This map is ideal defensive terrain that slows and channels the attacker, and 10 turns is just not enough time...
  4. Kenneth P. Katz

Korean Steep Hills Design Question

Exactly. Lots of concealment opportunities in that terrain, and vehicles are not going to enter that terrain except on a road.
  5. Kenneth P. Katz

That was my intent, exactly.
  6. Kenneth P. Katz

I designed that rule. The motivation behind the rule was that existing Hills in ASL did not provide the desired effects, based on my research about combat in that terrain in Korea. Those effects were: No off-road vehicle movement. Degradation of mobility on foot above and beyond the existing...
  7. Kenneth P. Katz

Impressions of LCP's "Purple Heart Draw" and "Drive for St. Lo"

I am currently playing the big full-map scenario from Drive for St. Lo and enjoying it very much. Great feel and a challenging tactical problem.
  8. Kenneth P. Katz

Reprint BtB 2, Cobra, HG 2

Will you have upgrade kits for those of us who already purchased these products?
  9. Kenneth P. Katz

Will there Ever Be an Official 1947-49 Arab-Israeli War pack?

No, just the Israeli War of Independence. How do I know? I am the author of the Israeli section of Chapter H.
  10. Kenneth P. Katz

OT - Who else publishes war games similar to MMP?

In my opinion, MMP and GMT are the game publishers who consistently produce the best games.
  11. Kenneth P. Katz

Squadron-Signal Books

Because they have been unable to make a business case for doing so.
  12. Kenneth P. Katz

Squadron-Signal Books

David Doyle is definitely still writing, but he is using other publishers like Schiffer. MMD is Military Model Distributors. It is the name of the company that owns the Squadron brand. MMD has not publicly announced that they are ceasing to publish books, but you will notice that they have not...
  13. Kenneth P. Katz

Squadron-Signal Books

I have written two books for MMD/Squadron. It appears that the company is exiting the book publishing business so I don't expect to see any more books from them.
  14. Kenneth P. Katz

Forgotten War Q & A.

Excellent catches. Bummed that we missed those things. :( The M37 HMC mistake is a triple-header: vehicle note, vehicle listing, and counter.
  15. Kenneth P. Katz

Onslaught to Orsha

Like the mole on Cindy Crawford's face, errata is our way of knowing that perfection is beyond the reach of us mortals. OtO2 Russian Vehicle Notes 15 and 16 In the RF notes, it says M2A2(a) and M2A2(L)(a) whereas it should say M4A2(a) and M4A2(L)(a). This error complete destroys my ability to...
  16. Kenneth P. Katz

The Final Two Arab – Israeli War Packs – Lebanon 82 and Fort Lahtzanit

I would be very surprised if all Israeli tanks with 105mm ammo did not use the same ammunition. What evidence is there that the difference flavors of 105mm gun (British L7, American M68, the Israeli version built by IMI) had different ballistics? The Syrian T-72 tanks were export grade versions...
  17. Kenneth P. Katz

The Final Two Arab – Israeli War Packs – Lebanon 82 and Fort Lahtzanit

I believe that the Sho't Kal D had a pretty spiffy fire control system. Sho't was what the IDF called the Centurion, Sho't Kal was the Centurion with the new American engine and transmission, and D (Dalet-the fourth letter in the Hebrew alphabet) was the fourth version which entered into service...
  18. Kenneth P. Katz

Designers' Response to the Desperation Morale Review of Forgotten War

Of course not unique to ASL. If you look at the kinds of jobs and levels of education and professional experience on the Forgotten War team, IT rates are a reasonable approximation of what those people would be making on the open market.
  19. Kenneth P. Katz

Fun fact of the day. I am a project manager by day and know how to estimate the cost of a project. If the hourly cost of the labor of people working on Forgotten War development including playtesting had cost $75 per hour (a good estimate of the typical hourly cost of a IT professional in the...
  20. Kenneth P. Katz

Do you have a PDF of this document that you can share?