Search results

1. Houlie

Deploying While Entrenching (under a labor counter)?

We had this come up last night and tried to determine if this was prohibited? We didn't see anything in RB, PSez, or Q&A.
  2. Houlie

FT281 Pink Hill German FB MG FP counter art error?

Playing this and the German 1939 FB image on the scenario card shows an MG value of 4 FP. However, the rulebook explicitly states all 1942 and earlier MG values are 6 FP. Question: is the correct value 4 or 6 FP? We played the first two turns as 4 FP, but reading (now) thru the Chapter E...
  3. Houlie

What's in Store for 2024 for LFT?

I am curious what we might expect from our French friends in 2024? Ha, not that I can play what I currently have, but I have always enjoyed the fine products from the LFT crew. I heard something about an Inor product. Anything else?
  4. Houlie

Pushing an abandoned vehicle D10.42

Adding this response via email from Perry to me on 5/24/23. ------------------ I know you can push a wreck (D10.42). Can an abandoned vehicle be pushed? No. ….Perry MMP
  5. Houlie

FT287 Operation Scipio SSR-5 Question

Have recently started this scenario and have a question regarding the board edge German 88L noted in SSR-5. Since it technically represents an 88L 4 hexes off board, does it have a CA? In other words, does the board edge 88L counter need to change CA when spinning to make a TH attempt outside...
  6. Houlie

Pushing an Abandoned Vehicle?

I know you can push a wreck (D10.42). Can an abandoned vehicle be pushed? D5.4 is silent on that issue. Am I missing something somewhere?
  7. Houlie

Dice over the map question

I upgraded recently to VASL 665 + VASSAL 367. How do I enable the dice to show up over the map? is there a setting I need to flip on? I didn't see one. Just a tab re colors.
  8. Houlie

Infantry Units in a Hex that went from FLAME to BLAZE

Situation: A stack in a flame hex rolled 6,6 and created a blaze. Total Hotfoot scene. Rule states: 25.4 ENTRANCE/EXIT: Infantry in a terrain Blaze must leave by the end of the next RtPh or be eliminated (bold mine). Unbroken units unable to leave before that RtPh have the option of breaking...
  9. Houlie

FT268 Spain's Crusaders rubble/blaze question

SSR 2 indicates some pre-game rubble and flame placement for both sides. My opponent and I are 98.7% sure this allows then to be placed anywhere on board and not just our respective setup areas. Is this correct? We figured we'd check to be super sure.
  10. Houlie

HazMo10 Fresh Grist

Finished up Hazmo10 Fresh Grist. My opponent Curtis Brooks and I agreed it was one of the best scenarios we have recently played. I had the defending Chinese versus Curtis’s Japanese. VC was Japanese need >=6 of 7 multi-hex buildings. OBs had nice variety and flavor. I won’t spend time on...
  11. Houlie

Inor CG1 AAR The Pride of the Foreign Legion

A summary/overview of my recent Inor CG1 The Pride of the Foreign Legion with me as the German attacker and Curtis Brooks as the French defender. A great experience. Inor CG1 Day 1 German attack chit – dawn attack Day 1 Starting Positions (Note: red lines delineate “sectors” referenced...
  12. Houlie

Inor CG Shellhole Placement

Several pre-game random rubble/shellhole placement rolls landed in "regular" woods (not light woods). We interpret this as no shellhole is placed. Further, the SSR indicates a random placement in light woods is debris -- so no debris in "regular" woods. Are we interpreting this right?
  13. Houlie

HIP SSR Question - Game in play

Playing Inor12. The SSR states: "...may set up =<1 squad using HIP", It must be one full squad (or just one half squad) but NOT two half squads, correct? Otherwise, our thinking is it would have said "squad-equivalent".
  14. Houlie

Inor map issue - counters off center

I was setting up to play a scenario and both my and my opponent are seeing: When he places a counter in a hex it appears to me down one hex and halfway to the right When I place a counter it shows it wonky to him. We confirmed: We are running it on the same 6.6.2 version of VASL and VASSAL...
  15. Houlie

Inor12 Rubble Question

Am prepping to start INOR2 Reaction next week. The pre-game rubble rolls were done and one resulted in falling stone rubble to an adjacent hex. Question: Is that specific hex where the rubble fell now considered an "eligible" VP hex for VC purposes (thereby creating 26 possible VP locations...
  16. Houlie

Inor CG1 Question

I recently received Inor and again appreciate such a fine looking product from our LFT friends. I have never played a CG before because of night and I generally don't want to be committed to the same thing for a long time. That said, I am intrigued by Inor CG1 and its relative shortness: Just...
  17. Houlie

BAZ (SCW) vs. infantry Question

Maybe I am loosing my mind... Doesn't a SCW fired at personnel that hits require the attacker to choose ONE unit to take the result? Darned if I can find this in the rules. Situation: Squad fires BAZ at concealed 548 and unconcealed 9-1 in a stone building. TH is 9+5/3, respectively, and...
  18. Houlie

AP162 The Governor SSR Question / Confirmation

I have this game on deck as the defender. SSR1 states the "(Stone) Rowhouse black bars do not exist." Does that mean the black bars transform to: Open ground OR Stone building (creating a multi-hex building) The VC is to "capture building I6 and/or 9 multi-hex buildings." If the black...
  19. Houlie

VASL Board 14a/b & 15a/b Availability / ETA?

The title says it all. Am eager to get some of these scenarios to the table.
  20. Houlie

Nor'easter Pack II

New item on Ritterkrieg from LFT: Nor'easter Pack II. 15 scenarios, three boards. Ordered! URL: https://ritterkrieg.com/product/noreaster-pack-ii-yankee-asl-le-franc-tireur-early-purchase/