Search results

1. Houlie

Onslaught to Orsha 2 Errata

Totally missed that. Thanks!
  2. Houlie

Onslaught to Orsha 2 Errata

OTO14 Hornet Swarm question: SSR2 indicates placement of a sparse orchard counter on hex Q9 which is a road hex. I am wondering if it is meant to be placed on O9 (a regular orchard)? All of the other SSR2 sparse orchard counter placement locations are "covering up/converting" buildings...
  3. Houlie

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

Ha. Pete, I certainly had..."commentary" throughout the game, though not so much about the Springfields -- mostly focused on the 6ML. Tough to keep those 546s up!
  4. Houlie

Finished up AP135 Fuller’s Folly recently as the attacking Americans. There has been good chatter on this scenario, so will dispense with reviewing the scenario card, OB, etc. Bottom line: Americans have to make pace to get more GO VP on Level 2 VC hill hexes than the German. I’ll let a few...
  5. Houlie

AP135 Fuller's Folly

A genius scenario -- extremely tight. Finished it today. Final DR decided it. Americans prevailed against a challenging opponent's defense. Ami's gotta move; German need a thoughtful fighting withdrawal. Excellent scenario.
  6. Houlie

TotR Boards/Overlays?

Bump. Any ETA on their availability? Seems like it has been a while and am eager to get some of these scenarios played.
  7. Houlie

Doomed Battalions 4th on Preorder

I wonder if the nationality chart will/could be made available separately?
  8. Houlie

Son Injured during Airborne Training

I am so sorry to hear this, Chas. I will be praying for a full, speedy healing and peace for Max. Please keep us updated.
  9. Houlie

Interest in DASL Boards

I am pretty much at board saturation. Owning 100+ official, plus dozens of TPP geoboards, I am not looking for more. I'll still buy select products that interest me, but more boards aren't a motivator for purchase.
  10. Houlie

Played FT164 Guts Are Not Enough as the Burmese mostly conscipt defenders (ELR 2) against Byron’s attacking Brits at our TCASL monthly meet-up. Brit VC is to control all hut hexes on the “Hutsville” overlay 1. Two pretty flimsy OBs as the Brits have 8 x 447’s with two carriers buzzing around...
  11. Houlie

Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

Styrofoam building TEM: +0
  12. Houlie

Played J207 Unhorsed as the defending Germans versus Mark Harms Americans in our official 2nd annual President's Day face-to-face match up. Mark mentioned he hadn't played for a while so we wanted something fairly simple. The Germans look formidable in the bocage defense at the start, but the...
  13. Houlie

Deploying While Entrenching (under a labor counter)?

Maybe the +1 penalty for being HSs makes this tactic less attractive -- ?
  14. Houlie

Deploying While Entrenching (under a labor counter)?

We had this come up last night and tried to determine if this was prohibited? We didn't see anything in RB, PSez, or Q&A.
  15. Houlie

Finished FT281 Pink Hill from the LFT15 desert edition with Paul Schaeffer. I had the attacking Germans with 18 squads + 1 x '39 FB against 17 defending Kiwi squads setup on the two hills (one large and small) + two Mk VIB (each w/ 10 FP &18 MF) and 2.5 squads as reinforcements --...
  16. Houlie

FT281 Pink Hill German FB MG FP counter art error?

Olli, it's a Fighter Bomber, so they don't distinguish between H/M-MG. Anyway we played it as though it had 6 FP per the rulebook, If so, the errata should state: "CORRECTION: the 1939 FB in the German OB should have a FP of 6." As it turned out that it didn't matter. I boxed the point...
  17. Houlie

FT281 Pink Hill German FB MG FP counter art error?

Playing this and the German 1939 FB image on the scenario card shows an MG value of 4 FP. However, the rulebook explicitly states all 1942 and earlier MG values are 6 FP. Question: is the correct value 4 or 6 FP? We played the first two turns as 4 FP, but reading (now) thru the Chapter E...
  18. Houlie

FT283 VC

Yes. That's how I interpret it. The "and" meaning both conditions must apply.
  19. Houlie

J223 "Latecomers", go home !

I played J223 Latecomers as the French and it was decided on the final CC DR. Defending a building, 4x247s advanced into a VC building containing a 457. The French got the 'bush. Decided to go for 2-1 on one 247 and won. That meant the attackers would go 3-2 (+1) needing a 4 to win. He rolls...
  20. Houlie

MMP 2024 ASL Production Forecast released:

So great to see many solid MMP ASL products slated for PO this year. I am excited most for SCW, Burma AP and SaP. The dearth of releases means I will have to be more selective on what I buy. I can't even play what I have! Choices, a nice "problem" to have.