Search results

1. P

OBA vs Open Topped AFV crew

A open topped AFV in motion is struck in the turret by 100+mm OBA. The roll was 3,4. The vehicle appears to be fine, but how do we resolve the General Collateral Attack vs the crew of this moving open topped AFV. Thanks
  2. P

PiF Polish WZ-29

where can I find Vehicle Notes for the WZ-29. I do not see anything in the notes for it in the rest of the PiF notes.
  3. P

Sample T/O

I need a little help understanding how the Force Editor should appear. As a test, I have created in the Formation Control Panel: One Corps HQ (I) Two divisions HQ (1-2) envisioning, for the test, 1 per corps. Six brigades (1-6) envisioning 3 per division. I'd like to see I Corps with 1st...
  4. P

Kupyansk - The Trials & Tribulations of 298th Infantry Division

This was my first scenario of the new Kharkov '43 title. This scenario is a 19 turn affair replicating the 298th Infantry Divisions attempt to hold while strung out along the Oskol River and centered on the town of Kupyansk. Basically a collection of grenadiers and police units facing the...
  5. P

FRAGO CPX Battle Along the Tziepov AAR

Today's CPX was based upon the April 1999 Marine Corps Gazatte's Tactical Decision Game 99-4 Battle Along the Tziepov, by then Major John F. Schmitt USMCR. The general situation was that Blue Forces "(advancing north with the mission of destroying 'Red Forces' en route to an operational...
  6. P

Thoughts on Coding Orchards...

In Don Maddox's Map Textures there is a Level 1 and Level 2 Orchard. Anyone, Don, have any opinion on what attributes, within TacOps, should be given an "orchard"? Is it really rough? How about an LOS Block? Ideas? Thanks, Pete
  7. P

Attack on Rommerbach

Attack on Rommerbach The basis of this scenario is the Tactical Decision Game #98-10, written by Major John F. Schmitt, USMCR, and published in the October 1998 Marine Corps Gazette. http://www.mca-marines.org http://www.mca-marines.org/gazette/PDF/9810.pdf This battalion level...
  8. P

Battle of the Garagiola River

These scenarios, "Battle of the Garagiola River" and "Battle of the Garagiola River Revisited" are authored by LtCol. John F. Schmitt, USMCR and are found in his book "Mastering Tactics", Copyright 1994 by Marine Corps Association. The scenarios were originally published in the October 1992 and...
  9. P

Self Defense ROE

Red has a "Free Fire" vs Blue , and a "Self Defense" vs Green. Blue has "Free Fire" vs Red, and "Self Defense" vs Green. Green has Free Fire vs both Red and Blue. What determines the hostile intent of Green when, for example, one of its units approaches a Red unit, short of Green opening...
  10. P

Tactical Decision Game Scenarios

From the "rough terrain" threat earlier in this folder, the website link that has most (goes back to 1996)of the USMC Tactical Decision Games is not dead. The current site is Marine Corps Gazette
  11. P

Helicopter Landing Zones

Helicopter Landing Zone Placement. How many of you scenario designers out there use these? I can see where they would come into play more with military users, using maps of bases with established LZ’s. Since LZ’s are not identified to opposing players until a clear line of sight is...
  12. P

Solitaire/ Hot-Seat USMC Battalion Attack

Using a portion of my TDG “Battle along the Tziepov” inspired map, pitted a USMC battalion with mech support, a tank platoon, and a section of AH-1W against an OPFOR company’s worth of BTR-80’s. Their ATGM support was in the form of AT-14 Kornets. OPFOR also had a battery of 2S31 SP 120mm...
  13. P

Artillery Smoke

How long is a salvo of off-map 152/155mm smoke supposed to last after impact?
  14. P

Units Transiting Bridges

During a playtest last night, and on a couple of other occasions, I have multiple units getting hung up on umpire-placed "engineering" bridges. In this instance these are 80-rated bridges "carefully" placed on the "river" connecting "roads" that end on both sides of the "river". I am careful...
  15. P

Battle Along The Tziepov

Battle Along the Tziepov Major John F. Schmitt, USMCR – Marine Corps Gazette – April 1999. Adapted for TacOps v4. Notes: USMC Tanks – M60A1; Host Nation Tanks – Leopard 1A5; Host Nation APC – M113; USMC Arty – Arty Bn 10/27/3; USMC Air 10% chance. Opfor Tanks – T-72BMS+ATGM AT-11; Opfor APC –...
  16. P

Rough Terrain

From MajorH's TacOps Gazzette: Rough1 - 50% of cross country, clear terrain speed Rough2 - 25% of cross country, clear terrain speed Rough3 - 12.5% of cross country, clear terrain speed Rough4 - 6% of cross country, clear terrain speed The level of 'roughness' affects both speed of...
  17. P

Map Graphic vs the Terrain Effects

This is addressed primarily to MajorH and all you map designers out there. I cannot seem to replicate the smooth lines of some of the more recent maps - roads, rivers, elevations, woodlines, etc. My most recent design is still "choppy". I believe it to be a function of trying to model the...
  18. P

TF Taylor 21 August 2005

Tinjaw and I gave TF Taylor a run through this weekend. This is not much of an AAR beyond the fact that we ran it as a 2 player network game. Scenario pits a meched up USMC Infantry Bn reinforced vs a seemingly never ending RedFor Motorized Rifle Bn Reinforced. It was a knock-down drag out...
  19. P

Fg85 15_01

15_01s: The Northern Front - NATO Solitaire 1500 15 June 1985 - Turn 1 of 21, Normal Conditions NATO forces arrayed north to south as follows: 15. PzBde, 5. PzDiv, III Kps 13. PzBde, 5. PzDiv, III Kps 11th ACR, V Corps, 7th Army 5. PzBde, 2. PzDiv, III Kps 6. PzBde in reserve vic...
  20. P

FG85 10_00 The Battle of Fulda - NATO

I played this solitaire, testing more of a forward defense, keeping fluid and not becoming decisively engaged east of the river. It worked better than yeaterdays attempt at a more static defense, but still ended in a Soviet Minor Victory. 10_00 The Battle of Fulda - Forward Defense T1...