Search results

1. P

OBA vs Open Topped AFV crew

Great thanks
  2. P

OBA vs Open Topped AFV crew

A open topped AFV in motion is struck in the turret by 100+mm OBA. The roll was 3,4. The vehicle appears to be fine, but how do we resolve the General Collateral Attack vs the crew of this moving open topped AFV. Thanks
  3. P

PiF Polish WZ-29

Thank you Paul.
  4. P

PiF Polish WZ-29

where can I find Vehicle Notes for the WZ-29. I do not see anything in the notes for it in the rest of the PiF notes.
  5. P

Sample T/O

I was able to see that last night. I had the brigades and regiments of three divisions on one side and two divisions on the other. Would like to have higher HQ, but we'll see.
  6. P

Sample T/O

@Nemo - if that is the case, I suppose that if I want to game brigades at 10km hex scale, I should only really have division HQ, and no corps no higher HQ? @Secadas -I can replicate what you describe. My problem at this point is not being able to figure out how to create, and then assign...
  7. P

Sample T/O

I need a little help understanding how the Force Editor should appear. As a test, I have created in the Formation Control Panel: One Corps HQ (I) Two divisions HQ (1-2) envisioning, for the test, 1 per corps. Six brigades (1-6) envisioning 3 per division. I'd like to see I Corps with 1st...
  8. P

Kupyansk - The Trials & Tribulations of 298th Infantry Division

I saw that in the guide as well, and wondered if you or any others saw such effects in-game. I have not yet played enough to come to a decision whether or not by going deep and cutting the road net with ZoC's would have an adverse effect on enemy units on the far side from their supply source...
  9. P

Thanks Hudson. Does blocking lines of communication between an enemy unit and its supply source, not specifically isolating it, increase the chance of low ammo, and other such effects? I did not see anything apparent when I felt that I did cut the lines from both of the axis supply sources...
  10. P

This was my first scenario of the new Kharkov '43 title. This scenario is a 19 turn affair replicating the 298th Infantry Divisions attempt to hold while strung out along the Oskol River and centered on the town of Kupyansk. Basically a collection of grenadiers and police units facing the...
  11. P

Portable/Transportable Bomb: size & casualty radius

Looking forward to what you come up with Rob.
  12. P

Tons of info on the Current British Army

Thanks Gary. Glad to see some activity here. Been going through withdrawal. :upset: :)
  13. P

FRAGO CPX Battle Along the Tziepov AAR

Here are the BluFor and RedFor orders respectively. Blue Situation: During a movement to contact, friendly forces have met a significant enemy force along the trace of the Tziepov River. Due to prohibitive terrain to the east, both forces and pushing units to the west in an effort to...
  14. P

FRAGO CPX Battle Along the Tziepov AAR

Today's CPX was based upon the April 1999 Marine Corps Gazatte's Tactical Decision Game 99-4 Battle Along the Tziepov, by then Major John F. Schmitt USMCR. The general situation was that Blue Forces "(advancing north with the mission of destroying 'Red Forces' en route to an operational...
  15. P

Thoughts on Coding Orchards...

I meant to add that it gives me the LOS block, the cover of woods, without restricting movement. Once again, we'll see how it plays. I did some quick trials with it amongst some other things and seemed ok.
  16. P

I went with a rec from James Sterrett to try "Woods/Clear" (i.e. no rough). We'll see how that goes in a small cpx to be attempted late saturday afternoon.
  17. P

In Don Maddox's Map Textures there is a Level 1 and Level 2 Orchard. Anyone, Don, have any opinion on what attributes, within TacOps, should be given an "orchard"? Is it really rough? How about an LOS Block? Ideas? Thanks, Pete
  18. P

Attack on Rommerbach

Attack on Rommerbach The basis of this scenario is the Tactical Decision Game #98-10, written by Major John F. Schmitt, USMCR, and published in the October 1998 Marine Corps Gazette. http://www.mca-marines.org http://www.mca-marines.org/gazette/PDF/9810.pdf This battalion level...
  19. P

Rough Terrain

Gary, I too have recently coded the river line with rough. My latest version of the map has all Clear as R2, woods as R3, and a one cell band on each side of the river as R4. I also reduced visability in the preferences as not too many 4000m shots should be available in a temporate zone either...
  20. P

Rough Terrain

Was reviewing the this rough terrain thread. The above link is broken. The revised address is: http://www.mca-marines.org/gazette/tdgpdf.asp Enjoy (some of the older ones at least). :)