Search results

1. tipsyweasel

Unarmed units not attacked in CC -- Melee?

I had a HS guarding two squads and an 8-0 leader. The HS became broken. In the CCPh, the prisoner 8-0 passed his NTC (the squads did not). So he attacked the broken guard and killed him. 8-0 re-arms. In the next turn, I move a squad into the location, ambush the 8-0 and unarmed units. For...
  2. tipsyweasel

Motorcycles and other vehicles

Joe Arthur and I are playing FrF77 Ghostbusters. There are lots of AFVs and lots of motorcycles on the German side. Since motorcycles are vehicles, it would probably be legal to use platoon movement with the AFVs, but I don't think that would really benefit the cycles. What would be even...
  3. tipsyweasel

Flamethrowers in the Mist

A22.1 says that FT FP is affected by "LOS Hindrances." Since the rule goes out of its way to say LOS, that would imply that LV hindrances to not affect FT attacks at all. Is that the correct interpretation?
  4. tipsyweasel

Re-crewing an AA Gun during MPh and then firing at aircraft

Q: A crew moves in the MPh into the location of an unpossessed AA gun (with IFE) and successfully recovers it. Later that same MPh, an enemy aircraft passes its sighting TC and makes a ground attack. E7.5 says AA Fire is possible if the weapon has not exhausted its fire capability for that...
  5. tipsyweasel

LLMC on Surrender attempt

Here is another interesting situation that came up recently. A leader is stacked with an MMC. The stack is fired upon, and the leader rolls for HoB. He gets a Surrender result. There is indeed an enemy infantry unit adjacent, so the leader offers to be taken prisoner. The enemy unit...
  6. tipsyweasel

Using a 5/8" concealment counter on a 1/2" unit

In a recent game, my opponent used a tactic that I was not really familiar with. At setup, he put two OB-given concealment counters on top of a MMC, but he used 5/8" concealment counters instead of 1/2" counters. A12.12 doesn't really distinguish between 1/2" and 5/8" counters. If the two...
  7. tipsyweasel

So you failed to kill the halftrack in Melee...

We're a little confused about the options for the halftrack. Here's the situation: a halftrack with a squad passenger gets stunned on the German player turn. So it stops and buttons up. In the American player turn, a 7-4-7 squad advances into the halftrack's hex, but fails to kill it in...