Search results

1. SteelDragon

Map Inventory

Are there any plans to get the Map Inventory functionality working again? It stopped working with any VASL 6.6.x versions. For large campaign games, the Map Inventory was incredibly helpful. You could click it and it would show all of your units, including whether they had moved yet or not...
  2. SteelDragon

Stream-remnant hexes

According to rule B20.1, "A hex such as 13P4 containing a thin meandering blue line enclosed in a layered white, brown, and dark green background which extends through two hexsides of the hex is a stream hex. 13G4 and I6 are not stream hexes because the stream symbol crosses only one hexside...
  3. SteelDragon

E1.941 SHADOWS

I have attached a screenshot from PB2 Howard's Men. Are hexes W13, W14 and W15 "blind" hexes from the vehicle Blaze in hex Y14, per rule E1.941 SHADOWS? I believe the answer is no, even though units in these hexes would not be able to see a unit at ground level in Y14. The Blaze would burn...
  4. SteelDragon

Cloaked unit moving into an illuminated hex

A cloaked Squad has used 4 MFs so far and wants to enter an illuminated building hex from an unilluminated hex. Cloaking counters have 6 MFs. Can the cloaked Squad enter the illuminated building hex for 2 MFs and then lose cloaking?
  5. SteelDragon

sM Smoke Mortars and movement phase

They changed the D13.32 wording from "A moving/Motion (C.8) AFV must add a +2 DRM to its sM Usage DR." to "A moving/Non-Stopped (C.8) AFV must add a +2 DRM to its sM Usage DR." Since the previous interpretations for this rule references the old wording, I think a new interpretation may be...
  6. SteelDragon

Battle hardening for paratroops in KGP

In KGP, the Germans have a "Para Inf Pltn" with 4-4-7 squads. If these squads battle harden, do they become 5-4-8 squads or 4-6-7 squads?
  7. SteelDragon

Pushing Gun into Woods-Path hex

If you are pushing a gun into a woods-path hex, I assume the cost of the hex being entered is 1 MP, since this is "pushing unit's MF expenditure for hex entered."
  8. SteelDragon

Rule P9.10 and D10.4

Per rule P9.10, "KGP1O. BURNT-OUT WRECKS: A Burnt-Out Wreck cannot be Scrounged, set Ablaze or removed from play as per D10.4." I am correct in assuming that P9.10 does not prohibit a normal wreck from being removed per D10.4.
  9. SteelDragon

Looking for VASL Campaign Game of KGP-I

Experienced ASL player but have limited experience playing a campaign game. KGP-I from Kampfgruppe Peiper I has always appealed to me because both players get to attack and defend. Plus it has more mobility than most of the other campaign games. I have a slight preference for the German side...
  10. SteelDragon

Looking for Live Vassal Play with Skype - Scenario KE14

I have some free time this weekend and for the next couple of weeks (busy Labor Day weekend). During the week, I am available from 7 - 11:30 PM CDT almost any weekday evening plus anytime this weekend. When discussing scenarios to play with an recent VASL opponent, he volunteered to play the...
  11. SteelDragon

6.999 Russian Multi-Applicable Vehicle Notes - Note J

Per 6.999 Russian Multi-Applicable Vehicle Notes - Note J, "This AFV may possibly carry smoke dischargers (sD). Use rule D13 [EXC: they are usable only once per scenario]." Does this mean that you get only one attempt to use the smoke discharger per scenario, whether you are successful or not...
  12. SteelDragon

A14.22 and A14.23

After the Sniper Random Location DR, the closest unit is a concealed Enemy BU AFV. Is the concealed AFV automatically selected and, and if so, I would assume that it loses concealment? Or does the AFV owner have to specify whether the AFV is BU, and if so, the next closest eligible target hex...
  13. SteelDragon

E7.52 Heavy AA and A21 Captured Equipment

Per E7.52, "A Heavy AA Original 2 To Hit DR eliminates an aircraft; an Original 3 To Hit DR Damages it (E7.226); an Original 4 DR prevents it from attacking during that Player Turn (mark it with a TI counter). Normal Gun Malfunction/ROF rules apply. " It would appear that the only effects of...
  14. SteelDragon

sN Smoke Discharger

If a German AFV fires its sN as a smoke discharger, does this attack all unarmored units in its hex including other German units? I believe the answer is no. Per A11.622, "It can be used to make a HE attack on the IFT if the AFV is BU, but only during the CCPh after the AFV or its Personnel...
  15. SteelDragon

Looking for VASL Campaign Game of KGP-I or Operation Veritable CG-1

Experienced ASL player but have never played a campaign game. KGP-I from Kampfgruppe Peiper I and CG-1 (Milk Factory) from Operation Veritable have always appealed to me because both players get to attack and defend. Plus they have more mobility than most of the other campaign games. I...
  16. SteelDragon

Bazooka WP

Per C13.1, LATW may never use the Area Target Type which means C3.33 and C8.52 do NOT apply. So if a Bazooka is firing at the 2nd level of a multi-level building (with a ground, first, and second level) where is the WP counter placed. Per C8.52 for Area Target Type, it is placed at ground...