Search results

1. Thunderchief

Military history book sources

Since the day that Amazon absorbed Bok Depository I have found it hard to find a good source for WW2 history books. Brick and mortar shops don't have much of a range these days (in Australia at least). I do buy from Naval and Military History...
  2. Thunderchief

What is the CA of a recovered or repaired gun?

I have some recollection of a unit being able to change the CA of a gun when it recovers it - is that correct? What about when it is repaired? Does the unit get a "free" change?
  3. Thunderchief

J190 Setup question

I have a question about J190 - can the Germans set up real units concealed (by the setup rule and SSR) and then use all the ? as dummies? I am thinking that since the SSR says units in concealment terrain can be concealed means they get it for "free" without having to use OB-given ?, or does the...
  4. Thunderchief

J190 Setup question

I have a question about J190 - can the Germans set up real units concealed (by the setup rule and SSR) and then use all the ? as dummies? I am thinking that since the SSR says units in concealment terrain can be concealed means they get it for "free" without having to use OB-given ?, or does the...
  5. Thunderchief

A Life of ASL - Summary to date...

A few years ago I set myself a goal: play 1000 games of ASL by my 50th birthday. That’s tomorrow, and I didn’t quite make it, but that’s ok. Here’s a post about what I have managed though…. My first recorded game of ASL was in January 1993, almost 31 years ago. Since that time I have played...
  6. Thunderchief

CVP error

I am using VASL 6.6.6 and VASSAL 3.6.19 I reduced a 628 NKVD unit on the map to a HS, cloned the HS and moved the clone into the axis CVP box and received the following message: - Bad Data in Module: Piece: 3-2-8 NKVDhs Trait: Set Global Property - AxisCVP - Axis CVP Count Source...
  7. Thunderchief

Russian Lend Lease M3A1SC

I am using VASL 6.6.6 and VASSAL 3.6.19 Tonight when checking the info on the above counter it read CS4 MA 12.7 MG4MA+r2 The 2 is red in the ASLRB and should also be on the counter - or is the 'r' a prompt to remember that it is red? Also when the vehicle is flipped to its wreck side no image...
  8. Thunderchief

Banzai

I have a single US unit faced by two Japanese stacks. These units have no LOS to any other units in play. The first IJA stack declares a banzai and a unit enters my defenders hex and survives. They are marked CC. The second stack then declares a banzai and runs right past my unit and goes...
  9. Thunderchief

LCP - A few Quick Six plays

I have four of the five LCP Quick Six Packs (so far - I'll catch up eventually), own nearly all LCP products and have played a few of the CGs, which are a very manageable size. I like their products and though one or two have barked at me over the years, I can say that about every publisher, so...
  10. Thunderchief

Dice issues

My opponent and I are on VASL 6.6.6 and VASSAL 3.6.16 I roll the dice (using the IFT/MC etc buttons) he sees nothing. He rolls the dice and I can see them just fine. This is not occuring in any other games (live or PBEM). We checked preferences and they were all the same. Any suggestions?
  11. Thunderchief

Tunnels

An IJA OB has pillboxes and therefore tunnels. Can the tunnel exit/entrance connected to the pillbox be outside the defined setup area?
  12. Thunderchief

Text not appearing

I am running VASSAL 3.6.7 and VASL 6.6.5 I am encountering a problem whereby I type a line of text and hit enter and it does not appear, then I type another and they both appear. Anyone else experiencing this?
  13. Thunderchief

CH Tobruk map

I can't find the VASL version of this map anywhere (needed for some of the Afrika Korps scenarios and others) , does it exist?
  14. Thunderchief

Race for the Meuse - missing pages?

I received this a little while ago and have just scanned the rules prior to placement in plastic sleeves (storage is indeed a hobby within a hobby). The last piece of paper is page 19 on one side (Annex A +B) and page 23 (copy of the map) on the other. I don't seem to be missing anything - I...
  15. Thunderchief

Bog and obstacle removal

I have checked the ASLRB and 2020 Q&A and can't find an answer to the following situation: A vehicle enters a wire hex and bogs. A second vehicle enters the same hex and passes the bog roll. The roll has a coloured 1 so the wire is removed. This vehicle moves onwards... Is the first vehicle no...
  16. Thunderchief

BRV question

I'm playing BRV 10 Mohnke Business as the Russkies. The scenario card gives the radio values of 5/6/7 but the counter values are 6/7/8. I could not find any errata or CG SSRs about this - should the values be 6/7/8 and therefore 8 for 1945?
  17. Thunderchief

BRT LVT question

BRT SSR 11 talks about a LVT not being automatically recalled due to it having no passengers. It also says a LVT (without passengers) in non-ocean hexes being recalled if they fail a crew NTC, which is taken at the start of the MPh. So...if that LVT on a beach hex prep fires, does it still...
  18. Thunderchief

Overrun question and ROF

A vehicle conducts an overrun and rolls 1,1. It has a MG MA ROF of 1. It leaves the hex where the attack took place, then moves adjacent to another enemy unit and stops, it does not have enough MPs to overrun the hex. Can the vehicle make a bounding fire attack vs this other enemy unit using the...
  19. Thunderchief

BRT CG III AAR

My NZ mate Darryl and I started the Blood Reef Tarawa CG III Utmost Savagery last night (19-9-2021). I am the USMC and he is the IJA. We've played about 210 scenarios and 6 CGs (Edsons Ridge, OVHS, Gavutu/Tanambogo, KGP 2, KGP 4, Pegasus Bridge II) since meeting at ASLOK in 2003. Much of that...
  20. Thunderchief

USPS not delivering to Australia

From MMP's twitter account https://about.usps.com/newsroom/service-alerts/international/welcome.htm My guess is that due to the number of postal workers unable to work at the moment there's not much point sending goods to Australia as it will just add to the backlog. Just a guess though...