Search results

1. Thunderchief

Doomed Battalions (4th Ed) Preorder from MMP

4th Edition - and no CG that might justify (even a little bit) having 4 copies of the same OB? Maybe that will be in the 5th edition?
  2. Thunderchief

Talk on Kohima

Must be a re-hash. I went to that lecture at the NAM in London (and walked all the way back to my accom in Waterloo) which was co-presented by James Holland when he released his Burma book in 2019 (?)
  3. Thunderchief

What is the CA of a recovered or repaired gun?

Typical! - thanks.
  4. Thunderchief

What is the CA of a recovered or repaired gun?

I have some recollection of a unit being able to change the CA of a gun when it recovers it - is that correct? What about when it is repaired? Does the unit get a "free" change?
  5. Thunderchief

Location of small arms fire against unarmored aspects

One of the reasons I love this game - I've been playing for 30+ years and yet again "I haven't had this happen before"....
  6. Thunderchief

J190 Setup question

I have a question about J190 - can the Germans set up real units concealed (by the setup rule and SSR) and then use all the ? as dummies? I am thinking that since the SSR says units in concealment terrain can be concealed means they get it for "free" without having to use OB-given ?, or does the...
  7. Thunderchief

The last battle

CH has two Berlin modules and HOB have BRV.
  8. Thunderchief

J190 Setup question

Thanks, that's what I thought.
  9. Thunderchief

J190 Setup question

I have a question about J190 - can the Germans set up real units concealed (by the setup rule and SSR) and then use all the ? as dummies? I am thinking that since the SSR says units in concealment terrain can be concealed means they get it for "free" without having to use OB-given ?, or does the...
  10. Thunderchief

Ortona...

WW2TV has an episode dedicated to Ortona
  11. Thunderchief

ASLOK XXXVIII - October 6th thru 13th, 2024

It looks very likely that this will be my return to ASLOK, and I hope to see some old friends and meet some new ones. I played 21 scenarios last time - would like to make it at least 22 this time. If the Browns have a game that week or weekend I'd be interested in going if anyone can hook me up...
  12. Thunderchief

What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

Placed a "catch up" order with Rittterkrieg for a bunch of products from a bunch of publishers....
  13. Thunderchief

Multiple Hits, ever pick the higher roll?

OK I must be mis-remembering, it was a long time ago - ASLML perhaps.....
  14. Thunderchief

Multiple Hits, ever pick the higher roll?

Probably 15+ years ago I asked if a SAN could be avoided by this (choosing the higher roll) and the answer was no, not sure it it became Q&A or not.
  15. Thunderchief

Zamoly - huge tank battle.

Looking forward to needing more KTs than all my copies of BV provide. ASL retirement village anyone? Somewhere in Europe would be nice....
  16. Thunderchief

Zamoly - huge tank battle.

It's going to take a long time to AM across all that OG 😉
  17. Thunderchief

How'd your 2023 Year in ASL go?

2023 was a very good year for me ASL-wise. I played the most scenarios in a single year to date (89 plus 8 playtest) against people all over the world. I played scenarios from MMP, BFP, LCP, LFT, CH, SP, DftB. Favourites of the year were: PP 5 Today we take Hyeres (MMP Provence Pack) PP 7 A...
  18. Thunderchief

Which are the AFV heavy CGs?

Singling is a mini-CG but fits the description.
  19. Thunderchief

A Life of ASL - Summary to date...

I've always been an organised person and a lifetime of work that has required record keeping has made it easy for me, it's automatic...
  20. Thunderchief

A Life of ASL - Summary to date...

Thanks for giving me a chance Vic, I'm sure many other designers feel the same 👍