Search results

1. Srynerson

which is the best CH product of all time?

Is there some reason DBP doesn't get more love amongst CH products?
  2. Srynerson

Anyone ever consider making a scenario for Operation Kingfisher?

Yes, it's in the March Madness '09 pack (appropriately called "Cabanatuan").
  3. Srynerson

Legitimate Scenario Titles

Given the risk of seeing contributions turn up as names of someone else's scenarios, I'll offer a few that I've thought of, but which I think are either so specific or so terrible that the risk of someone borrowing them is minimal. All of these are for actual battles that I've researched for...
  4. Srynerson

Board 25e

A little bird told me once upon a time in a PM that exact thing was in the works to be included with the overlay bundle, but that was years ago, so I don't know if that plan still holds.
  5. Srynerson

Should MMP pursue ASL designs out of the 9/1/39-9/1/45 WW2 Time frame?

"What are we? Chopped liver?" ask the Greeks. ;)
  6. Srynerson

New MMP Web Site

Right, MMP does do e-mail updates, but it's absurd to not also make the same information available on the website, which MMP in fact used to do -- they would link the e-mail newsletters to the "News" page on the official website, but they haven't done that since last October.
  7. Srynerson

New MMP Web Site

I'm just going to put in a plea that MMP update the website -- the most recent entry on the news page is from November 25 last year and the "Production Schedule" hasn't been updated to even reflect products that have actually shipped since October 2016.
  8. Srynerson

For King and Country?

Question -- are the ridiculous prices just asking or actually selling? Asking for a friend who has an extra copy and needs to pay for a couple GMT COIN-series preorders.
  9. Srynerson

The summer of 100K

Thanks! Work has been crazy lately and I got sidetracked with some other things.
  10. Srynerson

Which of these will be most likely published next?

A change in contents doesn't automatically result in a name change -- for example, Yanks wasn't renamed when the Paratrooper contents were added -- and the planned changes to Hollow Legions seems much more like the changes from Yanks to Yanks 2 than the consolidation of CoB/GH.
  11. Srynerson

The summer of 100K

That would make sense if there were so many playings for a scenario that we could be confident errors/omissions were distributed roughly equally between players reporting on each side, but that's not the case for a lot of scenarios. Also, errors/omissions are probably not randomly distributed...
  12. Srynerson

Supplemental map pack

I ordered it for the same reason I ordered the original map bundle despite owning all the boards in the original products -- because I want a complete set of maps that I just keep in my travel kit (which also gives a back-up in case of damage/loss of a board).
  13. Srynerson

Arab-Israeli ASL

If I was doing a master's degree or Ph.D in psychology, I think it would be an interesting exercise to explore the mental block many ASLers have against applying the system outside of WW2 strictly defined. While it's often rationalized by reference to the rules, it's not objectively justifiable...
  14. Srynerson

Why do you think FKaC will be reprinted before the others? CdG, AoO, and DB have all been out of print longer (much longer in the case of CdG).
  15. Srynerson

While MMP is free to do what they want with the name, I'm guessing they aren't going to change the name of HL because the revisions to it are not as material a change as combining CoB/GH. (The name change from WoA to FKaC was kind of required due to dropping the desert rules from it.)
  16. Srynerson

The summer of 100K

I disagree on this point -- I would say that a player should only enter a play on ROAR if they are fairly confident that they played the scenario without making any significant errors or omissions with regard to the rules of the game in general, plus the SSRs and VCs for the scenario, otherwise...
  17. Srynerson

Supplemental map pack

Anyone else find it weird that the supplemental map bundle has been stalled so far short of its P# for awhile?
  18. Srynerson

ASL goes to Korea!

Not right now, but Operation Mercury finally is. Mercifully the credit card I used is still good since as far as I can tell MMP didn't send out a warning to update cards beyond the April newsletter saying that the game was next up for shipping.
  19. Srynerson

An Updated ASLRB Service: What Would You Pay?

I picked "nothing" because $25 a year for what I would expect at this point to be only a few new lines of new errata seems excessive unless the rulebook itself is being given away practically for free. (And I would much rather pay, say, $100 to get a third edition rulebook.)
  20. Srynerson

Attention Mapmakers: Soviet villages

That's one of my pet peeves when reading a lot of complaints about new board designs -- armies generally have to deal with the terrain they encounter "as is," they don't get to complain that trees are blocking what would be a great LOS or that the configuration of the buildings precludes VBM.