Search results

1. T

Hungary - question to Mark S.

Surely you mean Budapest. Hungary had a fascist[or at least extreme right] regime, from the early thirties, so as well as survival, [some of] the Hungarians may have been ideologically driven. And they probably knew the extent of the soviet civilian losses in the earlier years, and knew...
  2. T

Syrian/Malian/Libyan Civil war....

Besides Mali just gone hot.... I hate to be proofed right especially when so many innocents are going to die...
  3. T

I never intended for my stillborn project to be a linked game -they were just three different examples of current conflict. Not least because they all very different conflicts. My main intention was to ask whether Toaw could be usefully used to stimulate currrent events.... In Syria's case...
  4. T

I never intended for my stillborn project to be a linked game -they were just three different examples of current conflict. BTW I always thought that the supposed parallels between the Libyan theatre in ww2 and the civil war were that valid, not least because journalists have a habit of using...
  5. T

Oh, I'll cross post this on the Matrix forum and the Strategist when it is more coherent...
  6. T

I am thinking of designing a Syrian [etc...] Civil War Scenario to see if TOAW is up to the job of current simulation and/or predicting the outcome. I should state that I have my doubts given that TOAW is overly focussed on Materiel and technology and does not stimulate military doctrine...
  7. T

Introduce Yourself!

Hi, Trotsky1917 is an enigma. I am actually a [anti-stalinist] Marxist and oppose most wars, ... but I have always loved a good board wargame. I own about 100 magazine games [wargamer, S&t and a few others], and about 30 boxed games. I am also on hexwar where like Liverpool FC I have...