Search results

1. btbroot

Spotted fire clarification

Thanks, klasmalmstrom! This makes sense. By the same logic, at the moment of Spotting at a different Location, the Spotter loses all Acquisitions with multiple MTRs in the old Location? Basically, my Q3
  2. btbroot

In fact, the most sensible way of RB interpretation when multiple MTRs are being assisted by one Spotter to me is this: Given a target (a Location with or without a unit in PFPh/DFPh; a unit's MF/MP expenditure in MPh), all MTRs assisted by that Spotter fire (if they are individually able to)...
  3. btbroot

Thanks, Eagle4ty! If only C9.31 example wouldn't make things suddenly incomprehensible: if Spotter is a squad, and they fire inherent FP, they would lose any acquisition. (I have no idea which rule requires it, but the example reads so!). If that's right, I'd expect that shall the Spotter...
  4. btbroot

Thanks, Vinnie, for the answers. Still I'm feeling uncomfortable with "provided they all fire on the same target" rule. I'm used to the idea that in the enemy MPh, a unit MF expenditure actually makes it a "new" target (take for instance the Mandatory FG rule). 5. Wouldn't the second 1 MF...
  5. btbroot

Spotted Fire rules are very unclear to me, I haven't found any clues on the Internet for these questions: 1. Assume Spotting Fire of a MTR in MPh. The enemy Infantry unit spends 1 MF in the Spotter's LOS, the MTR makes DFF, misses, gains Acquisition -1 and keeps ROF. The enemy Infantry moves to...
  6. btbroot

GUARDS I

It's happened. Not without few hiccups, but I think the biggest one was the late delivery of t-shirts with the tournament logos printed on "American" background instead of "Russian" one :) Thanks to all our kind sponsors, we'll keep up the momentum from now on, I believe! Sincerely your, Al...
  7. btbroot

GUARDS I

4 players by now, 1 month to go. So far, only ASLSK #1 and #2 scenarios will be considered.
  8. btbroot

GUARDS I

We've got the Tournament Arbiter
  9. btbroot

GUARDS I

Wow, much obliged!
  10. btbroot

GUARDS I

That's too bad, it would be awesome... Our kind host is a club named "History through wargame" being run by the Mayakovsky library. I don't know much about hotels/hostels nearby, but in case of a privately sent request will get some quotes and conditions.
  11. btbroot

Global ASL Ladder Challenges & Discussion

Thanks, yeah, I did that already, of course. Twice a year, OK, I see...
  12. btbroot

Interesting. What's the address of that split?
  13. btbroot

Is it not? How regular are the updates, from your experience?
  14. btbroot

Not that I'm blaming someone for anything, just asking. So is there any alive ranking DB for ASL players? (beside http://asl-area.org/ which is uhm... dormant)
  15. btbroot

Is http://aslladder.com/ dead?
  16. btbroot

GUARDS I

Oh boy
  17. btbroot

GUARDS I

I suddenly realized, who am I talking to :) Will gladly convey this welcoming message from the VASLeague TD to folks behind the iron curtain! Cheers, Mr. Enrico!
  18. btbroot

GUARDS I

I'm thinking the same way, too. Actually, today I reposted the VASLeague 12 edition announcement to my Russian pals, and hopefully, some brave souls will appear, but I couldn't ignore the language barrier's existence mentioned above, so...
  19. btbroot

GUARDS I

I spent once 2 weeks of driving in sleep deprivation and staying in cheapest automatic hotels Formula (non-existent anymore) to drive through the lands of Ops Overlord and Market Garden and the Maginot Line, so who am I to judge about your perversive values?
  20. btbroot

GUARDS I

Yes, Sir! VASL comes totally handy for, specifically, those sole souls residing in distant cities, to connect to each other. (And I probably shall engineer something to facilitate this connectivity even more, for usual people's attempts to find an opponent via social networks aren't very...