Search results

1. PaulS

CC Reaction Fire Questions

Well, after all that the squad gacked a 1MC when the tank fired at the beginning of his MPh. I ended up with a DMed conscript ½ squad for my troubles. An indirect benefit of the action was that I still have 3 Suicide Heroes remaining and that has slowed his inertia getting his AFVs forward to...
  2. PaulS

Just noticed that a Suicide Hero doesn't need to take a PAATC (W6.4). However, if I wanted to include the squad with the CC attack they would have to take the TC.
  3. PaulS

Thanks, Vinnie. Heading back into the maelstrom tomorrow. Paul S.
  4. PaulS

Thanks for the responses. It appears that the tank will be able to fire at my squad without expending a MP so I will have to wait until he starts the tank. Does the squad have to take another PAATC to CC Reaction Fire? It passed one when it advanced into the tank's location during the last APh...
  5. PaulS

Hi, Playing J220 Battle of the Barricades. I have a KPA squad in the same Location as a Stunned, Recalled tank and it is the opponent’s MPh. The BU tank will have to exit this turn. Question 1) Can the tank fire on the squad (before the squad can react at all) before it starts (i.e. CMG with 3/2...
  6. PaulS

Decorated WWII Vet Has Passed

James "Maggie" Megellas, the most decorated officer of the 82nd Airborne, died on April 2, at the age of 103. I strongly recommend his book "All the Way to Berlin" and the documentary "Maggie's War"...
  7. PaulS

TH-Hero Attack Options as DFF

JR, Thanks, I see that situation is fully covered in G1.425. I often forget to turn the page (to G5) when referencing the lengthy TH-Hero info. It would obviously be better to keep the Hero in J, B, or K in most situations. The palm tree/road hex was a particularly good location to jump a...
  8. PaulS

JR, Now, getting back to the HIP TH-Hero, what happens if an infantry unit attempts to enter his palm tree/road location? As G.4 doesn't apply, he would be revealed as far as I can tell. A4.15 sez that a moving infantry unit can enter the hex of a Known SMC if they pass a TC. When does the...
  9. PaulS

I should have phrased this as, "....if a HIP unit...". I was talking in general, and not about a unit immune to PAATC. Paul S.
  10. PaulS

Thanks again, Klas. In regards to the Q1 situation, it appears that if the HIP unit did have to take a PAATC (whether it passes the TC or not), then the tank does have the option of OVR, based on the Example of Play in the Crosstown Traffic article in Journal #8, Figure 4 (Gun overrun). That...
  11. PaulS

I have several questions regarding TH-Heros. The primary one is: Q1) A tank enters (non-bypass) a palm tree/road hex where a HIP TH-Hero is lurking. As A12.41 states, "...all concealed personnel must instantly either be revealed voluntarily or take one combined PAATC...". As the Hero is...
  12. PaulS

Mandatory Leadership in SK

There are many, many rules that I find hard to locate. I have taken to adding my own entries in my index and some times in the margin. If I need to know why the elevation of a unit in bypass is the same as the hex elevation, even if the hexside is drawn over lower or higher terrain, it's in...
  13. PaulS

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I reread A10.72 soon after I posted and saw the no mandatory leadership for attacks, including CC. Frankly, after looking more closely at SK3.8 it appears that leadership drm is supposed to be used in Ambush. These are the things I can never find readily when...
  14. PaulS

Can't find anything definitive about mandatory leadership rules in SK rules. ASLRB A10.72 spells it out but SK references have the term "may use" regarding the leadership modifier. Seems like they are saying you can decide for yourself in SK but if you are using a 8+1 Japanese leader in CC you...
  15. PaulS

MP Expenditure and Firing Options

I gotsa studda
  16. PaulS

Binchois, Thanks for the detailed response and the graphics. As you can see I'm tech-challenged with this web site. I gave a wrong location for the squad with the ATR, that was actually in F5. I also should have clarified that they going for an immobilization attempt assuming there was a...
  17. PaulS

Binchois,
  18. PaulS

Binchois,
  19. PaulS

I have several questions that popped up while playing AP 94 Show of Force. On board 70 (sorry, no accompanying graphics): Opponent has a Tiger in bypass in D4 along the D4/E4 hexside. He starts up and Moves into E5. Question 1: Is he moving over the E4/E5 hexside wall, thus setting up a...
  20. PaulS

CA Change, Ammo Depletion, and HIP Status

Actually, I'm more of a canyon rat.