Search results

1. Curtis Brooks

Omaha area ASL?

thanks
  2. Curtis Brooks

Omaha area ASL?

Contemplating a move to Omaha NE. Any ASL players close by?
  3. Curtis Brooks

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

Awwww, you guys are so sweet (or sweaty, haven't decided). BTW, I'm contemplating a move to Omaha NE, any ASL'ers in that neck of the woods?
  4. Curtis Brooks

I'll add my 2 cents ... "bark, bark, bark!"
  5. Curtis Brooks

I was Tom's hapless opponent. And it didn't go to turn 3, I called it at the beginning of my turn 2 (so only lasted 1.5 turns}. I had a piat on each flank. One became broken and the other missed a side shot on an adjacent moving PzIV. That allowed the others to drive up the middle of the...
  6. Curtis Brooks

Did we do this correctly?

Rubble being inherent, you can't see the entire hexside AFAIK.
  7. Curtis Brooks

I knew I had lost control of the rowhouse. I had a HS, wounded 8-0 and a crew who couldn't make it the factory vc building, so they entered the rowhouse, simply to keep at least 1 Russian squad to remain there and miss the final assault (He couldn't leave the building empty and lose control...
  8. Curtis Brooks

Snap shot going downhill

I hear ya. Hope we get a whole season.
  9. Curtis Brooks

Snap shot going downhill

No, I came north to whip your butt in asl
  10. Curtis Brooks

Snap shot going downhill

Can the German mmg fire snap shot if the British squad moves from O2 to O3? The question is "which level" is the hexside? thanks
  11. Curtis Brooks

I was NOT mad at Tom concerning me forgetting to mop up. I had every intention of doing that but forgot in the heat of the moment. We were well past the that point. The look of consternation was "me" being a dumb ass. I felt hard pressed the entire game. I don't mind losing the game on a...
  12. Curtis Brooks

I agree with Craig. A very fun and tense scenario. I felt behind the eightball the ENTIRE game. The Germans have BARELY enough to fulfill their exit mission, and the Russians have BARELY enough to try and stop them. A well designed scenario.
  13. Curtis Brooks

Triple Digit Club

I've played all but the SK scenarios.
  14. Curtis Brooks

Twin Cities ASL 1/11/20-- JAPANESE CONQUEST

I want to be there, but that Viking game is a big draw for me to stay home.
  15. Curtis Brooks

I don't believe a lone vehicle can claim a building location (unless falls into cellar and crew bails out)
  16. Curtis Brooks

dummy stack and ambush

Thanks JR, didn't think to check the aosp.
  17. Curtis Brooks

dummy stack and ambush

My opponent has a concealed unit which I am almost positive is a dummy stack (2 concealment counters). In the advance phase I advance into the hex with my unconcealed squad. During the CC phase, I always assumed (and played) that the dummy counter was automatically eliminated. My opponent says...
  18. Curtis Brooks

RO1 CG scenario 1

Here is where I made my big mistake and didn't even try to take the VC building, thinking it was the building behind it.
  19. Curtis Brooks

RO1 CG scenario 1

A late push grabs a couple of factory hexes in the center. Not an ideal place to begin next scenario's attack.
  20. Curtis Brooks

RO1 CG scenario 1

Great gains were made in the center. Never would have made it this far if the commissar gaff (mentioned in first post) had not happened. Also, I found 2 dummy reserve markers in front of my steamroller). First factory is mine.