Search results

1. Vrosso

VASL Bugs

Morning all, I know there is a place to report bugs, but can't quite seem to find it, am hoping this is it. A couple of minor things With vasl 6.6.1, when moving counters with the keyboard (ctrl 3) the move counters aren't marked, but moving them with the mouse does mark them. Also am having...
  2. Vrosso

Behind the Beachhead - Team Tournament - "American 2 Player"

Had the great pleasure of participating in a team tournament using the ASL for fun, Behind the Beachhead module organized by Jason W using the LCP Behind the Beachhead, ASL for fun product. The nice thing about this was being able to play several similar but diverse scenarios along a common...
  3. Vrosso

J159 Tropic Lightning

Hello all, the following is a AAR of what happened during our playing (PBEM) between myself (defending IJA) and Pablo (attacking US) in a moderately large game involving a lot of infantry and armor for both sides. Below is how the game opened up, based on one prior playing (for me, up in Albany...
  4. Vrosso

RPT155 Schutzstaffel Shindig

Had a recent unique and exciting game from a recent RPT pack, #155, Schutzsafeel Shindig vs. my longtime Vasl opponent Rob finish up last month. What made this scenario unique is we both had a fair amount of infantry, but it was a game with VC that revolved around eliminating the German Stug's...
  5. Vrosso

DASL 9 Preparing the Way

Had the pleasure of playing this one as the defender vs. James Taylor in the Deluxe VASL league that is run by Carl. I think this was the semi-final round and this game ended up being a ten and a half turn chess match that went down to the wire. To set things up, based on the 30-21 ratio in...
  6. Vrosso

SP Twilight Game

Morning all, Had the pleasure of playing SP number 97 recently against my regular opponent Rich recently after coming off of a streak of games where my luck was sub-par, i.e. firing about 20 panzerfausts over several games and having that feeling I couldn't hit a barn if I was shooting from...
  7. Vrosso

PBeM Opponent Wanted

Hi all, regular VASL player looking for a first attempt at PBEM. - Thanks all, game found
  8. Vrosso

206 Hey that ain't a ROK - NJ game day in Chester, post #1

Many thanks to Paul for graciously hosting an ASL day in Chester NJ it was great fun for all involved. For me, I joined up with Jim Brackin and we selected scenario 206, Hey, That ain’t a ROK. Random selection afforded me the attacking Korean army. From a strategy standpoint (see graphic...
  9. Vrosso

My Albany AAR-2017

Left the house Thursday morning and realized, no matter which way I went, ALL ROADS LEAD TO ALBANY! First off, what a great event this is and many thanks to Steve and Joe for organizing this event. Overall, ended up playing 6 games (going 5-1) and had 6 great games. The one loss (vs. JR...
  10. Vrosso

Critical Hit Question

In a recent playing of a scenario a 75 mm HE shell to hit on a squad hiding under a truck wreck resulted in the snake eyes roll. The question we had to mull over was whether or not the wreck itself (a truck) was eligible for random selection for the CH (thus protecting the squad from a 24-1)...
  11. Vrosso

Enemy units setup in the same hex

About to play Lovat first site and it appears both british and german units can setup in the same location. Do they simply start the game co-located under ? counters?
  12. Vrosso

LiveVasl weekly game

Looking for a weekly opponent for live VASL, generally wed or thur nights if interested email me at vrosso123@comcast.net
  13. Vrosso

Java 10 Our Hopes are Alpini on you

Ted and I dove into one of the Java packs, ASL for Fun, and naturally I gravitated towards the Italian side on this one. Looking at the scenario, it is quite apparent that there will be some things that really suck for Alpini in this game. Lots of open ground to cross to get to the objective...
  14. Vrosso

J193 Raff's Rules

Just got done playing this one Thur night in the VASL league vs. Rich D where I won the coin toss and choose to play the defender on this one. In terms of choices, I went for the HMG (3 points out of 8) plus 1 point to HIP it. This was mostly a waste for a couple of reasons. First I HIP'd...
  15. Vrosso

ESG115 Dream Team

Got a ftf playing of ESG115 Dream Team today whereby a group of elite troops is attacking my forces with some very strong armor. For my defense, I have a couple of good guns (though I can’t touch the frontal armor of his turn 1 tigers) a mmg two lights and a small mtr. On the plus side, I do...
  16. Vrosso

My first Nor'easter AAR

Greetings all, Just had my first Noreaster Adventure and when they say Nor'easter, they're not kidding. Going up to Boston, we got hit with a sleet storm during the event and am fully looking forward to spring now. Would like to thank Carl and his crew of organizers for putting together a...
  17. Vrosso

sorry double post

double post
  18. Vrosso

WO22 The Cost of Non-Compliance

Hi All, Just got the latest WO pack in and for the latest FTF game with Ron in NJ, I knew this was the game as it has lots of tanks on both sides to go along with an infantry battle. Since the game was at my place, I had the defense (even though it's a simultaneous setup). Looking at the...
  19. Vrosso

SP243 Konrad Three

Just got done playing some very heavy metal with Ted where I had the defending Soviets and it lived up to it's bill as an intense tank battle. For this one I set up 3 squads and no leaders (one squad holding 2 SW to make it look like a leader was there) and all other assets around the lower...
  20. Vrosso

BFP-129 A Bitter Day

Took a look at this one because it was one of the highest rated games on Roar, and as it was my turn to be the attacker drew the Poles on this one. Looking at it, to me, the best strategy appeared to be hit part of the line hard and destroy as much as possible to maintain a numerical...