Search results

1. Vrosso

HazMo 10 Fresh Grist - 2021 Albany Tournament Round 2

Turn 6 indeed was one of the most intricate and complex turns I've played (in that the moves at the end had to be considered while putting together the pieces for the different banzai charges that would occur). Here's a summary of the background for how we got there and then how it went...
  2. Vrosso

HazMo 10 Fresh Grist - 2021 Albany Tournament Round 2

An epoch turn is underway.......
  3. Vrosso

ALBANY LIVE IS BACK!

Many thanks for organizing and running a great tourney. Had a blast, literally from the get go with JR lighting me up with a bunch of 150 rounds....... V
  4. Vrosso

VASL Bugs

Morning all, I know there is a place to report bugs, but can't quite seem to find it, am hoping this is it. A couple of minor things With vasl 6.6.1, when moving counters with the keyboard (ctrl 3) the move counters aren't marked, but moving them with the mouse does mark them. Also am having...
  5. Vrosso

Behind the Beachhead - Team Tournament - "American 2 Player"

Had the great pleasure of participating in a team tournament using the ASL for fun, Behind the Beachhead module organized by Jason W using the LCP Behind the Beachhead, ASL for fun product. The nice thing about this was being able to play several similar but diverse scenarios along a common...
  6. Vrosso

J159 Tropic Lightning

The final situations: The 80 and a 667 from the top left strolled thru X5, AA5, then AA4, my tank managed to pin the squad but the leader got thru. My AT gun was knocked down to a 128. All of these troops moved in and I hadn't fired the HMG yet, so in defensive fire, I took a big roll at...
  7. Vrosso

J159 Tropic Lightning

Picking up again, with US5, a sherman moved aggressively along the board edge, right at the 47AT and ran into the IJA 75 AG, which fired, immobilized & caused the crew to bail out, in the next turn it will finish off this tank. A couple HS are trying to run down one of the tanks, but the key...
  8. Vrosso

J159 Tropic Lightning

Hello all, the following is a AAR of what happened during our playing (PBEM) between myself (defending IJA) and Pablo (attacking US) in a moderately large game involving a lot of infantry and armor for both sides. Below is how the game opened up, based on one prior playing (for me, up in Albany...
  9. Vrosso

CASLO XXIV - Fredericton NB 15 - 17 May

Hi all, pulled the aar down for having multiple rule errors. Many thanks to those who kindly pointed out some things. To reiterate, many thanks to David for organizing a wonderful event, had a great time with three excellent opponents, the sportsmanship was incredible. V
  10. Vrosso

VASL PTO League 2019 1st Round Matchups

Randy and I finished playing Coconut K (FT200) today with my defending IJA coming out victorious over Randy's attacking AMI's. An interesting game with new terrain features that we haven't played before where both of us had to grasp the implication of the new terrain features. Well worth the...
  11. Vrosso

2019-2020 Deluxe VASL League

Hi Carl, Randy Rossi's Germans defeated my Amis in DASL13. In the last turn there was a hail of gunfire from the final building hex with only one of my MMC's being able to advance into CC against a newly minted heroic 9-2 (BH) and a hero to boot (all generated off of MC's in the final half...
  12. Vrosso

RPT155 Schutzstaffel Shindig

Had a recent unique and exciting game from a recent RPT pack, #155, Schutzsafeel Shindig vs. my longtime Vasl opponent Rob finish up last month. What made this scenario unique is we both had a fair amount of infantry, but it was a game with VC that revolved around eliminating the German Stug's...
  13. Vrosso

DASL 9 Preparing the Way

I don't think the game has changed in the years that have passed since your write up occurred. Below is a screen shot of the proposed front line from the Banzai issue: To compare and contrast, my bet is it will run into a similar challenge that occurred to me when the juggernaut hit my main...
  14. Vrosso

DASL 9 Preparing the Way

Final German Turn: the tower will break my concealed squad in H2, the cx 467 will break my fanatic 628 with a NMC ? The 447 in K5 will try to street fight and fail allowing 3 tanks to drive off, avoiding my rallied units in N4 by using VBP on N2 and the final tally of German exit units...
  15. Vrosso

DASL 9 Preparing the Way

Had the pleasure of playing this one as the defender vs. James Taylor in the Deluxe VASL league that is run by Carl. I think this was the semi-final round and this game ended up being a ten and a half turn chess match that went down to the wire. To set things up, based on the 30-21 ratio in...
  16. Vrosso

Sorry, I had the Russians, James the Germans (attacker)
  17. Vrosso

James and I just finished playing one hell of a game of DASL 9, with James eeking out a win by the slimmest of margins in the final turn. Will post more in a AAR at some point.
  18. Vrosso

VASLeague 2019 General Discussion

Mike K and I finished up our top league match with my Russians narrowly holding on to enough buildings to defeat Mike's Italians in "AP23, agony at arnautovo"
  19. Vrosso

Kevin and I finished playing CH7-Prelude to Breakout. In the end the Kevin's defenders couldn't pass a MC (including an especially hurtful tossing of boxcars on a WP smoke grenade from a 548 firing a HMG with the vaunted 9-2!). So my Amis took the win. Overall an interesting scenario and a...
  20. Vrosso

AAR - Blood On The Tracks - RO1

working on it, Rob and I revised the VC mid-game. a major fire brought on by gusts is not helping the German cause. Game should be done in a couple of weeks